Home owner says blast occurred not long after gas service was restored.
Frightening moments in Richfield yesterday, where a house suddenly exploded. The owner of the home is wondering if a recent disruption in gas service caused the blast. Denny Kleven says crews from Center Point Energy had been at his home earlier in the day Thursday to restore gas service. Kleven’s gas was shut off for a day after he says he did not pay his bill on time. The explosion destroyed the home, and shook the neighborhood. Kleven was not at home at the time of the blast, nor were his two daughters, ages 10 and 7 – they were in school. The family dog was in the home, but suffered only some singed hair. Center Point says it’s investigating the blast.