Inside The Box: Black Friday

At Inside the Box today, tell us about your Black Friday shopping experience.

Was it worth getting up early?

What kind of deals did you get?

Comments

1. Jan says:

I went shopping alright……I went to WCCO’s link page looking for Mama V’s Meatloaf recipe. I thought it would make a nice change from all the turkey.. Well…HA!….the list of ingredients is missing the meat variety & amount. Big disappointment. Can someone affiliated with CCO make the needed correction? It would be much appreciated. Thank you.

1. Jane says:

Video said two pounds hamburger.

Wouldn’t it be great for Mark Rosen’s mom and Mama V to do a joint cooking video? They do sports picks together, why not cooking?

2. Mikanuk "Larry " says:

Because of reports of big crowds and very cold weather, I didn’t go shopping early. Hopefully, we can find what we’re looking for, even after the crowds.

3. susan says:

What a waste of time!!! It’s like a feeding frenzy!! People act crazy over stuff!! Pretty shallow!

4. Grace says:

being on a fixed income I was really happy to go to Target and get pajamas for 10 grandchildren for less than $80.

5. Nicole says:

I got a $600 cellphone for free at Best Buy. You can’t beat that.

6. Stan says:

Not me! I’m staying in today where it’s nice and warm

7. secret says:

It’s for me to know and for you to find out.

8. Nancy Aleshire says:

I do not plan to go anywhere near a mall or department store today. I hate crowds and rudeness. I would just as soon do my shopping some weekday when people are at work or at school. It bothers me when employers have such disregard of their workers to make them come in on Thanksgiving or the wee hours of the morning Friday. I hate these limited hour “Doorbuster” sales.

9. Kris says:

I would like ALL the news media to recognize that those of us who are actually at home WATCHING are those who are not participating in the madness. Either by conscious choice, or because lack of health/ transport/ money keeps us away.

Why the heck would you spend half a newscast on a subject we would not want to hear about? Did anything else happen in the universe? ANYWHERE!?!?

10. Mark from MNtaxwaste says:

I was with my family, we don’t put a value on Christmas. We put a value on our time together at home.

11. Jerry Senart says:

We went to Radio Shack at 5:30 a.m, right when they opened. We saved over 220 dollars on a laptop, chill pad, wireless mouse and dvd player. So, it was worth it, because time = money