1 Killed In Highway 13 Broadside Collision

SAVAGE, Minn. (WCCO) — One person is dead after a two-vehicle crash in Savage on Tuesday morning.

According to the Minnesota State Patrol, a Honda Element was headed southbound on Highway 13 around 10 a.m. when a Ford Windstar traveling northbound on Highway 13 turned left at the intersection of County Road 42 and broadsided the Honda.

The driver of the Ford, 69-year-old Timothy LaVelle of Prior Lake, was pronounced dead at the scene. His passenger, 69-year-old Cleopha Grassman also of Prior Lake, received non-life-threatening injuries.

The driver of the Honda, 55-year-old Gregory Blake of Savage, received minor injuries.

The State Patrol reports that weather conditions did not appear to be a factor in the crash.

Viewer Submitted Video Of Accident Scene

Comments

1. Charles Johnson says:

That’s not a Windstar and it’s not a Ford.

2. Charles Johnson says:

Also from the photo it looks more like the Honda hit the Chevy on the passenger side probably because the only damage I see is to the front of the Honda.

1. JamieinMN says:

Why don’t you leave that up to the investigators…that’s THEIR job. Not yours.

3. Jared says:

Lesson 1, the media never has the right info, even when it’s right in front of them. Sad that someone died either way.

4. Jared says:

Wally Schmelz should show some respect. I hope none of your family members are killed in a crash only to have some vulture with a camera phone shoot the scene for everyone in MN to gawk at online. Get a life, ambulance chaser….

5. wcco_administrator says:

I’m glad these guys aren’t cops. They jumped to the conclusion with a picture. FYI, the Chevy was just driving pass by.

6. Stop_The_Madness says:

I would like to know when life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness was changed to include the right to endanger everyone else on the road because old people are too stubborn to stop driving, even though they are no longer physically capable of doing it safely. START MANDATING BEHIND THE WHEEL TESTING EVERY 5 YEARS. The state makes more tax money, and fewer morons are able to endanger my life everyday. Win-win? I think so….

1. DonJ says:

…so, what we have here is that rare, yet elusive “PERFECT DRIVER”! Get real dude, you probably ran people off the road while texting or watching NetFlix on your iPhone… got over yourself.

7. Heidi Nelson says:

Yeah, I was at the scene and saw him taking pictures. Made me sick to know that there are people in this world that would stoop that low.
    My thought and prayers go out to the families of the loved ones who where in the accident today!

8. Raquel says:

This accident claimed the life of my Uncle Tim and I do NOT think my cousins would like to see a video of the scene of their father’s death!!

9. minnesota.cbslocal.com says: