HAMEL, Minn. (WCCO) — A fire forced a family of four out of their home in Hamel, Minn. overnight.
The fire started around midnight in the garage of the home on Larkin Road.
The family heard a noise, went to check it out and saw the fire in the garage. The fire quickly spread to the roof and attic of the house.
They got out of the house safely and called 911.
At least eight fire departments were involved in extinguishing the fire. Fire crews are looking into the cause.
WCCO-TV’s Mike Binkley Reports