Minn. Marine Killed In Afghanistan

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A Marine from Minnesota has been killed in Afghanistan.

The Department of Defense reports 21-year-old Cpl. Sean Osterman of Princeton died Thursday.

Osterman was wounded last Tuesday while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan.

He was assigned to the 2nd Reconnaissance Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force at Camp Lejeune, N.C.

(© Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

1. TheReason ForTheSeason says:

RIP sean. you gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country
    thinking of you and your family during this christmas season
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

2. Eric Shaffer says:

Cpl. Sean Osterman was a friend and fellow Marine in 2D Recon with my son, Sgt. Michael Shaffer. Please keep his family in your prayers as they grieve their loss. Thank you, Sean for your service and ultimate sacrifice to our great country.

3. Nicole Daniel says:

Sean you will be dearly missed. Even though things did not work out for us I will always love you and I’m glad that I got to keep your friendship. You are an amazing person. Be my guardian angel, cause u know i need one and can’t wait to see you again someday!!! RIP Cpl. Osterman

4. Jessyca Yanni says:

Cpl Sean Osterman was my family member, I can’t thank everyone enough for their support and prayers for our family. He was a warm heart, and a friend to many. He will be missed dearly, and never forgotten.

5. DAN JONES says:

Sean we grew up together and spent more time with eachother then we did our own families. I will never forget the old days and trouble we caused. Thanks for the memories. Love you bro

6. Dan Weidner says:

My close friends and I are extremely proud to have Sean as our friend. I use present tense because Sean is and always will be our friend and hero. He taught everyone he met so much. For that we are all grateful. Thank you Sean for all the great years and we look forward to making many more.

7. afghan american says:

the loss of life in this war is tragic, even more so when the person is so young. think how you would feel if the loss of your child’s life were dismissed as collateral damage. if your baby is blown to bits, has its limbs blown off or its eyes put out or its flesh melted, how would you feel about the person who calls it collateral damage?
    i am so sorry about the loss of this soldier and the loss of all the innocent lives.