Boiler Room Explosion Leaves Apt. Residents Without Heat

EXCELSIOR, Minn. (WCCO) — Police say an explosion in the boiler room of an apartment building has left residents without heat.

The South Lake Minnetonka Police Department said the explosion occurred around 1 a.m. Saturday at 500 Linden Street in Excelsior.

Crews evacuated all residents from the building and say there were no injuries.

They are working to get the boiler on and working again to restore heat to the building. Police say some residents returned to their apartment units, while others went elsewhere.

Comments

One Comment

  1. Usha77 says:

    The heat had actually been out for several hours before the explosion, but it wasn’t considered an emergency. Then, after we started smelling gas and calling that in, the apt. manager’s answering service finally paged someone, but it was still quite awhile before we got help and by then, it was too late.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Goin' To The Lake
The Leaderboard

Listen Live