Sharp Surprise Found Hidden In Pair Of Kid’s Gloves

COON RAPIDS, Minn. (WCCO) — It wasn’t exactly what they thought they would find inside one of their son’s Christmas presents. But the unwanted surprise hasn’t dampened the holiday spirits at the Henry home in Coon Rapids.

Alex Henry couldn’t wait to take his new truck out for a spin in the snow.  But first, his mom wanted him to wear the new gloves he got from grandma for Christmas.

“I tried to put it on and I was shoving his hand in,” explained Pam Henry. “And he pulls his hand out and he’s holding his hand and he said there’s something in there.”

“I felt something sharp in there,” said Alex. “So I pulled it out and there was a 2-inch or 3-inch razor blade.”

“And I pulled this out and I could not believe it, I was like, ‘Are you serious?'” said Pam.

Alex’s grandma bought the gloves at a Wal-Mart in North Dakota where she lives. She had no idea what was hidden inside.

In fact, none of the adults could feel the blade from the outside of the cushy gloves. But Pam doesn’t think it got there by accident.

“It’s rusty, it’s used. Somebody sick put this in a child’s glove,” she said. “You always hear about having to check Halloween candy, but I would never ever think you have to check your child’s gloves.”

Alex and his mother just want to make sure other children don’t get hurt.

“It just blows my mind that that was in his glove,” said Pam. “It doesn’t ruin my Christmas spirit though.”

WCCO-TV contacted Wal-Mart and it is removing all similar gloves from the shelves at its store where the gloves were bought in Bottineau, N.D.  A Wal-Mart spokesperson said the company wants to make sure all of its products are safe. They also said they have had no other reports of incidents like this and are encouraging customer to come back to the store or contact Wal-Mart Customer Care for a full refund.

Joan Gilbertson, Producer
Contact Joan

WCCO-TV’s Reg Chapman Reports

Comments

1. helper says:

That’s walmart for you!

2. And your point is? says:

It happening @ Walmart has nothing to do w/it! It could have happened to ANY retailer! I am just thankful the boy was ok!

3. someone'smom says:

I think if he got cut, I would be testing this boy for HIV.

1. Dawn says:

I was thinking that myself, I hope they took him to a physician just to be safe.

4. Mike Shedlock says:

So glad that boy was not hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Cheryl says:

I don’t think Wal-Mart had anything to do with it, I think someone put it there!!! Unreal the things people think of, sad.

6. insignificant says:

the truth,being my wife was a walmart employee,is that theives go to the hardware dept. and steal utility knife blades,so they can go to another dept. and slice open packages to steal other stuff,then ditch the blades anywhere they can,usually in the storage tub section!

7. Chelsey Little says:

IDK about other wal-marts, or just our local one, but we get people returning their old coffee makers, vacuums, you name it in the box saying it didn’t work. No one checks this stuff and it gets put right back on the shelves!

8. cd says:

if that’s the case chelsey, you should report that to walmarts corporate. It goes against company policy walmarts policy is to not reshelf items that art not sealed in original packaging unopened