Police: White Bear Lake Dollar Tree Robbed

WHITE BEAR LAKE (WCCO) — A man got away with some money after robbing a Dollar Tree in White Bear Lake Wednesday evening, according to police.

At 6:57 p.m., police responded to a 911 call reporting a robbery at the store on the 2700 block of County Road East. An employee told police that a man entered the store and demanded money. After receiving the cash, he fled the store prior to police arrival with an unspecified amount of money.

Police describe the man as a 6-foot-tall black man, weighing 185 to 230 pounds, 25 to 30 years old, wearing a black puffy winter jacket, black winter hat, blue jeans with black tennis shoes.

Anyone with information is asked to call the White Bear Lake Police Department at 651-429-8511.

1. treats says:

why would you rob a Dollar Tree?

1. Tonya says:

That is funny agree with you

2. Pate says:

That’s what I thought! Those places couldn’t possibly hold thousands in the tills.

3. Rusty Shakelford says:

They do it because people at dollar stores pay cash, and the customers are low income and more likely to attract the potential person likely to be in a desperate situation.

1. Kris says:

I think you are thinking of the Dollar Tree on Arcade St. I go to this WBL Dollar Tree. I do not pay in cash, I am not low income and I am certainly not desperate. The other customers I see in this store do not appear to be desperate either. On the other hand, I was a witness to a criminal enterprise at the Arcade St. store that included a gentleman with a warrant out on him. I will give you that it is possible this person is associated with the low income apartments just south of the WBL store, but that is pure speculation.

2. joan says:

this one should make Leno’s stupid crooks

3. Beth says:

County Road E East, idiots.

4. Nicole says:

Believe it or not, Dollar Tree does hold ALOT of money in the safe but no more than $400 in the register.

5. Dan says:

I was there. But really, how stupid could you get???

6. Rusty Shakelford says:

Thank you WCCO, you think I haven’t been around. I worked at The Dollar Store a long time ago ( at 16 yrs old) and I was robbed by two Black Males around 50 yrs old, one with a beard, both had black leather coats. They quick-change robbed me, and I was only at the store alone. But that was just a needle in a haystack compared to what I have seen in my life.
    I hope they catch them.

7. Rusty Shakelford says:

Oh, good try, you slipped it in here to show me you did it once, HA. ALMOST.