OSHA Clears Minn. Power Work Site In Electrocution
SCHROEDER, Minn. (AP) — A state Occupational Safety and Health Administration investigation has found no hazards at a Minnesota Power work site where a company employee was electrocuted last September.
The report says no citations will be issued in the death of 47-year-old Kyle Damberg.
Damberg’s body was found in a maintenance building under construction near the company’s Taconite Harbor Energy Center in Schroeder Sept. 3.
Minnesota Power spokeswoman Amy Rutledge tells the Duluth News Tribune the OSHA investigation confirms that the work site was safe.
An OSHA spokesman says the state investigation focused on identifying hazards that may have contributed to Damberg’s death.
But Dr. Donald Kundel, the Duluth medical examiner who conducted the autopsy, says in his opinion, Damberg was electrocuted by a high-voltage power source.
(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)