3 Charged Over Faux $100 Bills

HASTINGS, Minn. (WCCO) — Three people have been charged with using phony $100 bills in at least seven different stores around the Twin Cities and southern Minnesota.

According to criminal complaints filed in Dakota County, 32-year-old Eric Michael Dorman, of Fairmont, and 32-year-old Dustin Dean Zamora and 28-year-old Meranda Lynn O’Connor, both of Albert Lea, have all been charged with one felony count of uttering or possessing counterfeit currency.

Police have collected surveillance and eyewitness reports that would indicate successful attempts to use faked $100 bills at seven stores. In some cases, they would use the bills to buy small purchases and collect significant amounts in change.

The stores the three are believed to have hit are in Albert Lea, Austin, Mankato, Bloomington and Burnsville.

The three were apprehended at a store. Police found a number of counterfeit $100 bills still on their person, as well as receipts indicating they had made transactions and paid precisely $100 in cash.

Rochester Police had been investigating the possibility that a man had been passing washed $5 bills that had been converted to $100 bills.

If convicted, the three face up to 5 years in jail and fines of up to $10,000 … in real money.

Comments

1. Roger says:

We all pay more for everything because of people like this. Just like shop lifters. It adds up to be about 10% of what you and I pay for an item. Time to give some full 5 year sentences out. And take most of what ever else they have to pay back socity.

2. Joe Damage says:

Never enough huh? Hope your only friend is treating you well….that only friend being money…fake money fake friends its all the same huh? The sad part is brother that i lost what i thought was a true friend that ive had for 20 years…but i guess that dont mean jack. Much love much respect….i dont think so. I would of taken a bullet for you too man…the sad realization is you would of watched me get shot. Money don’t make the man…

1. Eric Dorman says:

IL ALWAYS CONSIDER YOU A BROTHER…AND IL ALWAYS HAVE LOVE AND HOLD THE HIGHEST RESPECT FOR YOU….AND THE MEDIA IS BEING RAN BY…..BOTTOM FEEDING FAKE COWARDS…SO WITH THAT SAID FU©k this website FU©k this news story because I hope when the truth comes out about everything they publish that story.I won’t ever see it in my life time

2. sarah says:

You guys bicker like an old married ppl!🙂

3. Eric Dorman says:

Who ever adoni gods dorman is should say there real name…I MIGHT BE A LOT OF THINGS BUT AN INFORMANT?? NEVER ! I’D LIKE ONE PERSON TO SHOW ME ONE PIECE OF PAPER OR ONE PERSON I’VE EVER TOLD ON…THAT WON’T HAPPEN SO I GUESS HIDE BEHIND A FAKE NAME FOR ONE SECOND OF THE SPOT LIGHT.

4. top mistakes says:

Your blog is really interesting to me and your subject matter is very relevant. I was browsing around and came across something you might find interesting. I was guilty of 3 of them with my sites. “99% of blog managers are guilty of these 5 errors”. http://tinyurl.com/7dtdnz9 You will be suprised how simple they are to fix.