Cause Of ‘Nook’ Fire Determined

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — An overheated cooler is to blame for starting the fire that destroyed a popular St. Paul bar and restaurant in December.

Fire Marshal Steve Zaccard the fire at the Nook was caused by a cooler that overheated under the bar.

Zaccard said that it is considered accidental.

The fire started around 3:30 a.m. on Dec. 14, 2010. The restaurant, located on Hamline Avenue, across the street from Cretin-Derham Hall High School, has been around since 1938.

Their specialty was the Juicy Nookie, a burger stuffed with cheese. The restaurant was even featured on the Food Network show, Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.

The owners plan to rebuild the Nook and open again at Randolph and Hamline Avenues.

Comments

One Comment

  1. Lisa says:

    BEST RESTAURANT TO EAT

  2. Really? says:

    The Nook is sorely missed!! Come back soon. Best food in town!!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

The Leaderboard
Good Question

Listen Live