7 Robbed At Gunpoint At French Meadow

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Police are investigating after seven employees at a popular Minneapolis restaurant were robbed at gunpoint Thursday night.

According to police, the French Meadow Bakery and Café on the 2600 block of Lyndale Avenue was robbed at about 10:20 p.m.

Police said two men entered the restaurant just as it was closing. They were wearing ski masks.

They allegedly held the seven employees there at gunpoint and demanded money. They fled the scene with a significant amount of cash.

One of the employees was in a back room during the robbery, heard a commotion, ran out a back door and called authorities. Police got the call while the robbery was in progress and were able to respond quickly.

A few plain-clothes officers were in the area and spotted one of the two gunmen running nearby, and managed to apprehend him a block away.

However, the other suspect was still at large. Police said they don’t have a great description.

None of the employees were injured in the robbery.

WCCO-TV’s John Lauritsen Reports

1. JamieinMN says:

Ugh, these thugs won’t ever stop…Never want to work for ANYTHING in their lives.

1. RENEA says:

1. Tom says:

So you already know its your son. A thug is a thug is a thug. We need more poeple carrying concealed in this state to drop the thugs when they rob. Saves everyone’s tax dollars.

2. Dr. Truth says:

I hope your son dies in prison.

2. Tammy says:

hey a smart person they hear whats going on and they get out and call for help that person is a hero if you ask me. As for all the robberies people do not think they have to work for a living, I was out of work for two years but did I steal or rob? no Because its not what I earned someone else did.

1. Ed says:

Thats not a hero, thats called a good citizen.

3. mark@mntaxwaste.com says:

Thank God for conceal and carry, these clowns would not have stood a chance

1. Bob says:

Mark, no such thing in MN. Its a permit to carry, you have no obligation to conceal your weapon… FYI

1. Tom says:

always carry it concealed or you may be the 1st target if they see it.

4. Anne Furman Madhuizen says:

I hope WCCO can do a story on the Hero that got out and called police. Great police work too!

5. Jack says:

Your right Bob no need to conceal with my permit strap that old Western belt full of bullets and that Colt 45 strapped to my side.

1. Bob says:

jack I prefer a nice 1911 but whatever floats your boat…..

6. Napoleon says:

Impale them with Baguettes………….and drown them in Red Wine!

7. George says:

I don’t understand why the press didn’t show a picture of the captured gunman, as
    someone may know who his sidekick is.

1. Tom says:

ask renae bet she knows who it is

8. paab says:

Renae it is fine to love your son unconditionally, however, mothers make the mistake of not having their children face the consequenses of their actions, that would be true love. I don’t know you, but I am willing to bet all his life you coveredfor your son, always told him he didn’t have to work for the “man”? Now you reap what you sow. Help your son to face the consequences, he may grow from the experience before he moves on and the next crime results in someone’s death.