3 Hurt When SUV Crashes Into Tree

FARMINGTON, Minn. (WCCO) — Three men are recovering after being cut out of an SUV early Friday morning in Farmington.

Authorities said the crash happened at around 3 a.m. at the corner of Ninth Street and Ash Street after a squad car was on scene attempting to pull over a “suspicious” vehicle.

The 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe drove away in an attempt to elude the officer, police said. The SUV drove east, crossing Highway 3, where it lost control and hit a tree, trapping the men inside.

The driver and one of the passengers were taken to Hennepin County Medical Center in critical condition. The driver had to be airlifted.

A second passenger suffered injuries that were not considered critical.

The State Patrol is reconstructing the scene to try and figure out what happened. They believe alcohol may have been a factor.

Comments

1. BostonRob says:

The never ending story(s) of alcohol and accidents.
    Lucky they alive by pic, lucky they didn’t get shot by the officer, even luckier it was not me on the road in their path.

We are a world of way to imbeciles and morons

2. rosepickle54 says:

They had to learn somehow, too bad it had to be this way. Looks like they got what they deserve

1. JamieinMN says:

I agree. Don’t run from the police silly stupid thugs!

2. Grandma D. says:

They will get what they deserve which is a loving circle of support who will see them through the healing process, despite the stupidity of their actions. They deserve the grace of God who has given them a chance to livelong enough to learn from their mistakes and go on to live a happy life, despite the stupidity of their action. We all deserve what we get out of life, including those who spew hatred in a time of pain. But who am I to judge.

3. Chris says:

Did you know the boys in the crash? How do you know they were dead beat thugs?? Or even morons??? News reporters don’t always have all the facts…the police haven’t even finished their investigation yet. Sad that people believe everything they read! I will pray that you or your family don’t ever end up in a situation where someone wishes you dead.

1. JamieinMN says:

Well it’s OBVIOUS the boys are at least morons. NEVER try to elude police ESPECIALLY in the dead of winter on slick roads!

4. Robert Stahowiak says:

I drive by this last night around that time I was shock it’s not everyday you see a Helicopter on the road

1. Chris says:

I was leaving my house as it was landing on the street…. it was something else…

5. Aunt Elaina says:

Thank you Patrice and Chris for putting these jerks straight. At least one of the people in the car happen to be a very good young man with a bright future. Think before you open your mouth. Every story has two sides and how dare you wish such awful things on someone before you even know the whole story or at all. It is prejudging fools like you that make me sick. Even if the young men were in the wrong, there are people who love and care about them and are hurting right now. The victims have young family members and thank God they did not read your malicious comments. Really? Who are the real idiots and threat to society? I’m leaning toward the ones who write and speak garbage before they think about the impact their words may have. I would feel more safe with the men in this crash standing behind me than the person who would wish a complete stranger dead! Do you think your violent statements are benefiting our society in any way? Don’t worry I will make sure their mothers don’t read your crap.

6. Angie says:

Its unbelievable how closed minded and heartless people can be. I seriously doubt you ignorant people have any idea of what happen here. Regardless of what your judgmental opinions may be do you realize that these kids are someone’s child, someone’s grandchildren, someone’s nephew, someone’s boyfriend, someone’s friend, someone’s love one. Do you realize that as you post these pointless, heartless, judgmental comments that their family members are waiting at their bedside while they are in ICU fighting for their lives. Praying they will make it thru..they are just kids.

1. Bruiser says:

Angie – you have spent the whole day on all these ‘cco boards praying for others. I truly hope you are sincere or may God help you in another way I guess

1. Dan says:

I can assure you that she is sincere

2. digger says:

WHERE does it say boys, the story says MEN. that means they should be RESPONSIBLE for their actions. I don’t want any death BUT they could have killed someone else by their stupid actions, I hope that every one ends up OK. BUT you have to hold these MEN ( second word in story ) accountable.

7. PaulP in Rochester says:

Patrice – read your comments. Then read them again and again and again.
    You wish him/her a horrible death?! You are as pathetic as he/she was if that is what was stated.
    Go back into the hole you climbed out of

1. JamieinMN says:

Worrrrrrd.

2. Patrice says:

Really Paul? if I wasnt sitting in ICU waiting and waiting, I sure would not be wasting my time reading these as I sure would not even be commenting. But until you are put into a situation like this you have no idea… It is extremely frustrating to know people would write things and wish them to die. NOT GOOD

1. lisa says:

I am sitting in the hospital also. As one of the victims mothers, i find it amazing that everyone knows more details than I do. Media propaganda is such a powerful thing. It makes grown adults wish death on others. It is only by the grace of God that my son is alive. Try spending your time praying.

1. Grandma D. says:

You have got to be kidding me…… Let him who is without sin cast the first stone…..I suppose those of you who feel so righteous have never made a bad judgement in your youth? And you have nothing better to do with your time than to put more hurt on families already frightened beyond belief? Look in the mirror before you cast so much hate upon somoene else. Truly Pathetic!!!!!!

8. Dan says:

Its sad to read these comments about these boys being “morons” or “thugs” or “imbeciles” do any of you know these boys? its easy to talk s#*t about someone you don’t know but what if it was your brother or son or boyfriend? Its not necessarily a smart idea to run from the police but to call them morons is downright heartless and inhumane. Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes. Hopefully you people writing these negative comments can realize that and realize that your not so perfect writing these posts

9. Angie says:

Bruiser- Maybe you should reread my comment… and BTW I have commented on one particular story and only one. Funny how you feel the need to criticize me for standing up to judgmental, heartless comments that family members and loved ones don’t need to read in a time of heartache and distress. Shows your character doesn’t it…

1. ME says:

Angie: As a family member, I thank you!

10. Gary says:

Look at the picture. Read the story. End of story. Comments not needed

11. sam says:

First and for most I wish the best of luck for all families involved. Thoughts and prays are with you. And second yes it may of been a bad decision to run from the police but it does not give anyone the right to wish someone dead. People make mistakes simple as that. Maybe before jumping to conclusions the full story should be told. I agree with Angie. Good luck again and let’s hope they learn from there mistakes.

12. Grandma D. says:

13. Grandma D. says:

They will get what they deserve which is a loving circle of support who will see them through the healing process, despite the stupidity of their actions. They deserve the grace of God who has given them a chance to live long enough to learn from their mistakes and go on to live a happy life, despite the stupidity of their actions. We all deserve what we get out of life, including those who spew hatred in a time of pain. But who am I to judge.

14. k.a. says:

THE DRIVER IS ACTUALLY ny ex-boyfriend and best friend… they are lucky to be alive.
    ya i agree hes a complete IDIOT for doing something like this.
    YOU ALL should maybe use some common sense and keep comments like “they should have been shot” or they are “dead beat thugs”
    look around you… i KNOW your teenagers are out there doing this or even more dangerous stuff so dont be so NIAVE people.
    family and friends obviously are going to see this..
    so keep your ill-willed comments to yourself.
    i dont see anyone wishing bad things for you or your family so PLEASE control yourselves

15. Aunt says:

As a member of the family, I can understand that it is easy to make judgements about people that you don’t know when you are sitting at your keyboard and no one really knows who you are. But, please remember they are loved and cared about and just made a mistake. Thank God that no one was killed and that they did not hurt anyone else. Please remember that the family does read these post and they need your prayers more than your judgements!