Man, 19, Charged With Allegedly Punching Bus Driver

BROOKLYN PARK (WCCO) — A 19-year-old homeless man has been charged Thursday for allegedly punching a bus driver in Brooklyn Park, according to prosecutors.

Dominque Wright of Brooklyn Park was arrested Tuesday and remains in custody. He faces a felony charge of interference with transit operator, which carries a maximum three years in prison and/or a $5,000 fine.

The assault happened around 9:30 a.m. at the intersection of 85th Avenue North and Idaho Avenue, but the confrontation started when the bus driver picked up the passenger at 85th Avenue North and Adair Avenue.

Police said Wright was upset before even getting on the bus because he had to move over on the sidewalk due to a snow bank.

Once Wright got on the bus, he started arguing with the bus driver and allegedly punched him in the face, according to police.

Police said Wright had a knife in his hand when he punched the driver, which cut the driver’s face.

Wright left the scene, but police used a K9 that led them to a home where the man was arrested.

Comments

1. LegMan says:

it says he’s homeless then says he’s from Brooklyn Dark. what’s up with that?

2. Dark Knight says:

Brooklyn Dark. Nuff said. lol I guss the only question I’d have is was the driver a woman? wouldn’t surprise me.

3. i see the hate in your eyes says:

I bet you racist a$z h@les smile in a black man’s face every day.
    Your comments are more disturbing than this story.

4. RIP Emmit Till says:

Very sad that a 19 year old in the USA is homeless.
    I see people commenting here have traded in their bedsheets for a computer.

1. Truth Hurts says:

Have you been over Northside or New Hope, Crystal, Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, robbinsdale after sunset recently? It’s dangerous!!!

5. Dee Dee says:

wow. much as i miss living in the cities, this is the type of stuff that I am glad that I left behind

6. Mark says:

Homeless and its about to go into the deep freeze? 3 hots and a cot is what he’s got now.

7. R Cramdon says:

Hope the driver is ok and back to work. I was off work 6 months after I was assaulted.

1. Jack Meoff says:

I read a different report that stated the driver’s cheekbone was broken and two stitches were required to close a knife wound. Best wishes to the victim; not so much for the perpetrator.

1. Tom Meoff says:

at the media folks – how come we cannot ever get the same story even twice from different sources I always wonder. Channel x says, channel y states, channel z is reporting …. am I alone in wondering why we even bother reading until several days after an event for the real facts to get out?

Tom M.
        aka Jack’s wiser brother

8. lib says:

Sorry for the driver, very traumatic, this thug should be put to hard labor then he would have an appreciation of what it takes to get up every day at the same time and do the same thing over and over to feed a family. You can bet this guy was a drug abuser and probably not the first time he has sucker punched someone.

9. paab says:

Hey lighten up at least he is a legal resident, even if he has never worked or paid taxes, as should be expected from a member of one of our protected classes.