Patrol: Alcohol Played Role In Fatal Rollover Accident

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The Minnesota State Patrol said alcohol was involved in a fatal rollover crash that happened in Blue Earth County early Saturday morning.

Lt. Eric Roeske with the state patrol said a vehicle was traveling eastbound on Highway 14 around 2:13 a.m. when it entered the center median and rolled. Roads were icy at the time.

The driver was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle.

Gold Cross Ambulance and the Mankato Fire Department were called to the scene, but the driver was pronounced dead.

The name of the person who died will be released after family has been notified.

1. Mario is Sad says:

Noooooooooooooooooo . not alcohol! Never
    My thoughts and prayers go out the the family.

My hate continues to be extended to all those who think it is fine to get trashed and it’s funny or fine or acceptable to do so. You are no different than the dealers on the streets — laugh if you want. At least I am honest about it

2. Charlie says:

This is the second accident in a week in which a person has been killed by being ejected from a vehicle without wearing a seat belt. I hope the idiot legislator who introduced a bill to eliminate not wearing a belt as a primary offense has second thoughts about his stupidity. Isn’t two deaths in a week enough to keep the law as it is!

1. Melanie says:

What good are laws if people don’t follow them? Pretty soon we will have so many laws that nobody will have to think for themselves…ohhh wait…already happening!

2. Angela says:

It’s a persons personal choice whether to not wear a seat belt. If I have someone in my car or I’m in someone else’s car I will wear it. However, if I’m in MY car by myself the only person who is going to be hurt by me not wearing my seatbelt is me…I’m willing to take that chance. Seatbelts suck.

3. Amy says:

Charlie, I see where your’e going with this but nobody that drinks and drives thinks about what you just said and can care less about any law unless they get caught or kill someone else. This is not a legislator story anyways. Someone disregarded two laws and had his life taken but to get political about this will never change the outcome.

3. Mariam Mpls says:

The problem here isn’t about a seat belt now, is it? Maybe a seatbelt after the alcohol factor.
    I imagine no alcohol – no accident even occurs so the belt is irrelevant at that point.

Ban booze in this state and enforce belts and things would be safer. For the innocents on the road if nothing else.

1. Simple says:

You make a good point. Your idea actually does make a lot of sense. If we make alcohol illegal, we won’t have any trouble related to alcohol use.

1. Browneyes says:

Making alcohol illegal has already been tried. Prohabition didn’t make alcohol go away, people just made thier own hooch in the bathtub. If people want to drink they will find a way to do so. Until people realize drinking and driving don’t mix we are going to have nasty accidents

4. Hannah says:

I think every car should have a alcohol breath analyzer in it. If you breathe into the analyzer and you have alcohol on your breath, your car won’t start! I wonder if there is such a thing?

1. Ange says:

There is…but usually only people with multiple DWI charges get them. But it’s a good idea for them to come standard in cars.

5. Bill Krammer says:

It is time to re-look at the DUI/DWI laws. Get more harsh….stiffer sentences…
    These are always ugly scenes.

6. Jeanie says:

when you’re laying in a coma, have exhausted all your insurance options, who is paying for your care??? It is NOT your choice!!!! Same goes for helmet laws. All laws are in place to cover the idoits that think they are invincible!!! We all pay for their carelessness. Higher insurance premiums, higher taxes, etc.

7. tom says:

Seat belts again????? what the hey!!!! Seems every where we look and go people that drive CARS AND TRUCKS have so MANY LAWS, but if you drive a motorcycle hey no helmet, no seat belt, can weave in and out of traffic. maybe we should all switch to bikes. I think its time to say its a LAW TO WEAR A HELMET ON A MOTORCYCLE ALSO> enough of these idiots die too. And as far as alcohol goes, TIME TO CLOSE THE BARS EARLIER to stop drunks from driving. MAYBE we need a LAW THAT puts the BAR OWNER AT FAULT for serving the yahoos.

8. carrie says:

I pay taxes so lazy people with 6 kids don’t have to work. So if someone else has to pay for my care so be it. Hopefully it will be some of the welfare babies I took care of.

9. says:

stupid is as stupid does, what a fool

1. Skyler says:

I hope you think next time you post something. You are as ignorant as any person i have ever seen. Get all the facts before you start posting nonsense such as this. Your a fool and an idiot. I hope you never have to go through a tragity such as this.

10. lisa says:

I really wish people would not jump to conclusions when there is an accident! Alcohol was not a factor in this accident! So please stop all the rumors. Our family is grieving and people are spreading rumors! Please stop!

1. Skyler says:

I agree. Alcohol was not a factor in this crash. So next time you are about to post something, about someone that you have no clue who they are or what they are about, you should just stop and not post it. This man loved everyone that he ever knew and will always be remembered as a good man. I hope you all think about what you are about to say next time you read about something so tragic.