Pat Kessler Opens Mailbag On Bachmann ‘Reality Check’

By Pat Kessler, WCCO-TV

— Pat Kessler’s mailbox is always full of interesting comments and he got plenty after Monday night’s Reality Check on U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann’s recent health care statements.

Kessler cited the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office analysis of the new health care law, but many watchers refused to accept as fact what the CBO says.

More from Pat Kessler

1. Mark Skeie says:

Thanks for the story on Bachmann. Good see the truth in the light of day.

Mark, Lake Elmo

2. Speak the Whole Truth says:

Pat gave out selective facts, I am dissapointed

3. miki says:

People are scared. We’re standing on the brink of something new, much like Americans felt when Medicare was put into action. We CAN make this work. HOW we do it, is going to be up to both parties.

4. helper says:

Obama just made Bachmann seem like the out of touch nutcase she really is…LOL!

5. MrB says:

Ya know, I’ve always been a Bachmann basher, but after seeing her speak tonight I have changed my mind about her. I would really like to see her become president, so I can watch her hair turn grey over night, she is a FRUITCAKE!!!!!!!!

6. MrB says:

I loved the graphs, but where were the pie charts???? I really miss those, I haven’t seen any of those since 1st grade!

7. Kat says:

Michelle Bachmann is an embarrassment to the state of Minnesota. It’s hard to fathom that people still support her when she continually gets caught in bald faced lies. She is not watching out for Minnesota or the country. She is all about self promotion and catching as much limelight as she can.

1. marlene says:

Right you are!! I can’t believe that she does anything to promote the cause of an educated American WOMAN.. and her unfounded statements can hurt the cause of all Minnesotans.. Her unabashed criticisms of our president are shameful..

8. Mac says:

Pat, I guess you didn’t catch Harry Reid’s response to Obama’s “earmark veto” language. With a stone face he said of our Socialist President’s comment,”that’s just pretty talk.”

How about just reporting the news instead of injecting your lame-brained opinions.

9. Neil says:

If you liberal/socialist idiots think Bachmann doesn’t make the grade, you truly are amongst the “transfer of wealth” socialist’s club. Get a job, and get out of my bank account. Bachmann for Senator!

10. richard says:

The repubs quote the hell out of the CBO facts, figures and projections whenver they agree with the repub point of view. When they don’t agree with their point of view they either ignore, distort or simply lie about them. HYPOCRITES!

11. Dale Jacobson says:

10 billion was the estimated cost hidden in the health bill, not 105 billion per year till implemented. Harry behind closed doors put this bill together without oversight. The 5 trillion that has been added to the debt in the last 3 and 1/4 years is criminal. My Children will be paying for this for the next 30 years. These Bernie Madoff politicians that voted for all this spending should be sitting in jail with him.

12. John O'Brien says:

I used to think you were an objective analyst but lately you do seem to be a liberal shill. Re: Bachman contention, are you saying Republicans were included in the discussions and should have known what was in the bill? And Nancy Pelosi didn’t say “You have to pass this so we can find out what is in it?”

Re: CBO saying law wouldn’t raise taxes. Doesn’t that assumption include Medicare cuts that most assume will never be implemented?

13. Darrel says:

Hi, Pat well I would like to say I am not in favor paying any tax on the stadume, after all ever one on the Repulican side has side NO to any taxes. And if we are going to raise taxes it should be on the 1 % of the rich.