WCCO EYE4 LOGO WCCO Radio wcco-eye-gold01, ww color gold

Local

Firefighter Hospitalized In Maplewood Fire

View Comments
(credit: Jupiter Images)

(credit: Jupiter Images)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

MAPLEWOOD, Minn. (WCCO) — A firefighter was hospitalized Saturday night after battling a fire at a Maplewood apartment building.

Maplewood Asst. Fire Chief Butch Gervais said they were called around 10:45 p.m. regarding an apartment fire at 430 S. McKnight Road.

The fire started in the kitchen of one unit in the eight-unit apartment building and spread to the wall of the apartment above it.

The fire caused smoke damage to all eight units.

A firefighter was taken to Regions Hospital for smoke inhalation and was held overnight for observation. He is expected to be OK.

The resident told officials a cooking mishap led to the fire.

The Red Cross is assisting people from six of the seven units affected by the fire (the other unit was vacant). Ten adults and 13 kids were provided lodging, meals and clothing.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,854 other followers