Fahey To Get Life For Abducting, Assaulting Girl

OLIVIA, Minn. (AP) — A 25-year-old man who pleaded guilty to abducting and sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl delivering newspapers in Fairfax will face a mandatory life sentence.

District Judge Randall Slieter ruled Monday that Matthew Fahey’s May 4 actions met the legal standards for “heinous,” and other aggravating factors were present in the commission of the crimes. That means the 25-year-old will face a mandatory life sentence in prison.

Fahey, of Marshall, pleaded guilty Jan. 25 at the start of his trial to charges of criminal sexual predatory conduct, kidnapping, and criminal sexual conduct in the first degree.

The West-Central Tribune of Willmar reports that he remains in the Renville County Jail awaiting formal sentencing, which is scheduled for April 27.

Comments

1. Momma of 2 says:

Prison is right where he belongs!!!

Glad to see the justice system is actually in favor of the victim for once.

2. Michael says:

Good To See He’s Getting Just What He Deserves

3. John says:

I hope he become a WIFE to several BIG HARRY BUBA’S. I hope they get to know him well several times each day. After several month of this I hope they do us Tax payers a favor and take a fork to his _alls and leave him to slowly breed to death!!!!!

4. Proud of Olivia says:

Awesome! I hope that means Life WITHOUT PAROLE! The investigators on this case did a fantastic job and that little girl is amazing!

5. Robin Matthews says:

Question, Why didnt Aaron Mason get the same outcome when he Rapped and abducted an 11yrs old girl and left her in an abandoned house?

6. Scott says:

My heart goes out to this child and the 1,000’s of others. Unfortunately we have such predators in our midst. Law enforcement and sentencing is moving in the right direction…at least in this case…short of the death penalty.

On a different note, when I lived in Idaho a newspaper route girl was abducted, sexually assaulted, murdered and the man returned to the corpse several times for more. Many of you won’t agree but I believe the days of having children do paper routes has ended. This happens more often than is reported…I had a paper route. It is NOT the newspaper’s fault but they might want to consider an age restriction to 18 or pairing up…something. Going to strangers’ homes has gotten pretty dangerous. I hope this monster gets the help he needs and that society can figure out preventative measures. May God Bless you and your families.

1. John says:

I’d be glad to help this monster get what he needs. A .22 cal round to the back of the head!!!! I’ll donate both the round and finger to pull the trigger!!!

7. newulmer says:

damn shame we dont have execution