Mpls. Building Evacuated Over Gas Leak

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A potentially dangerous gas leak forced nine Minneapolis families out of their homes for the night.

The Minneapolis Fire Department evacuated a apartment building near Franklin and 3rd Avenue South in Minneapolis last night.

Tests showed the building had enough carbon monoxide to make people sick from exposure in around 3 hours.

Crews say the problem was pinpointed in the boiler room of the building’s basement.

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Goin' To The Lake
The Leaderboard

Listen Live