Wis. Mother Who Killed Baby Wants To Attend Burial

RACINE, Wis. (AP) — The woman who gave birth in the bathroom of a Racine restaurant, then discarded the newborn in an outdoor trash bin, wants to attend the baby’s burial service.

Twenty-four-year-old Breanna Gering has been convicted of reckless homicide in the death of the full-term infant. The Racine County medical examiner and a local funeral home made arrangements for a graveside service Friday. But, Gary Langendorf of the Draeger-Langendorf Funeral Home says the service has been postponed until next week.

Racine County Deputy District Attorney Rich Ciapete says Gering killed the baby, then threw her away, so it’s inappropriate for her to attend the burial. Gering’s attorney tells WTMJ-TV his client never knew the baby “was available” to be buried.

Comments

1. Disgusted says:

Put “mom” in the same hole.

1. VS says:

She already attended the burial when she put the baby in the trash bin. Now she wants to attend another one? What’s wrong with this picture, and why does she have “the right” for society to even consider this? Where are the baby’s rights??

2. markH says:

Hey ladies, it’s not a clown’s face-it’s also a birth canal. If you don’t want the kid, stick to oral sex. On a side note; I wish this woman a long and violent life in the Wisconsin penal system. Peace.

1. KS says:

Wow. Guys like you make me so thankful for the kind of wonderful man my husband is. Not condoning her behavior, but if “dad” had been around, this may not have happened. Where was he after equally enjoying the baby making process?

1. dum ppl says:

the dum btch needs ta die!!

3. Upset says:

Disgusted_ don’t giver her the curotsey of calling her “mom”.
    IMO She gave up the right to have ANYTHING to do with that baby when she KILLED it!!! It breaks my heart that there are loving families out there that would have taken that baby in a heartbeat. She could have walked out of that bathroom and dropped that baby off at any fire department or hospital – no questions asked. I hope Wis has the dealth penalty but I doubt it. A Case like this should be MANDATORY death. Its just WRONG!!! Shes 24- WTH? I had my first at 19. I would have never thought of doing something like that. If your old enough to have sex- your old enough to deal with the consequenses. It just blows my mind that someone would do this. Let her FRY!!!!!!

1. KS says:

I agree, let her fry. I also had my first at 19 and the father was essentially non existent for the first several months. Bad decision making on my part? Maybe. Hard to raise her alone? Yes. Worth every minute of the last ten years with my daughter? Absolutely. Could I ever, even in the worst of time, imagine hurting my child? Not a chance. Anyone, man or woman who kills or hurts their child should be just taken out.

4. Curious George says:

A little too late to ask for forgiveness or show sympathy. Now, it just seems like she wants to attend the burial, just to spit on the grave. She needs her brain checked!

5. mark from mntaxwaste.com says:

She is pure evil

6. hejlena says:

What fascinates me is it sounds like someone is actually considering this pos’s request.

7. Pate says:

Just tell her no,then fix her plumbing.

8. Hauenstein says: