Weather Blog: Warm Ride Ends

By Chris Shaffer, WCCO-TV

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — It will be much cooler over the next several days.

Cooler, arctic air hopped aboard those strong northwest winds and will stick around for some time. Goodbye 50s, goodbye 40s and hello temps closer to the average high of 30 degrees.

The wind will stay strong Friday with a mix of sun and clouds before settling down Saturday.

Sunday looks very interesting. A strong storm will miss us to the south, but kick its moisture over us. What will it be? Snow — a mix? At this point, we could see both.

Some models keep us in a mix with a few inches of snow while others keep it all snow (anywhere from 2-15 inches). That is quite a spread.

We will know more as the storm gets a bit closer, so stay tuned.

More from Chris Shaffer
Comments

1. Norge says:

I was wrong…just clicked the ‘weather’ link and it looks like they destroyed that also. CBS will always manage to take a godd product and make it unplatable. The new weather page just really sucks. Feel sorry for Chris and the other forecasters…must be embarrassing to work for jerks who destroy your product infront of the whole world….well..at least in front of all of MN. Going to miss you guys…So Long.

2. Stacie says:

Completely agree with the comments about the website but I noticed Kare 11 has changed theirs too and it’s not a whole lot better than this one. @ Norge, regarding your political comments, funny, I was thinking just the opposite, that they were more right-winged. Must depend on which newscast you watch (5 & 6 pm).

3. Me says:

I agree with all the comments. Most of the time I can’t even read an article through all the ads that just won’t go away – I’ve gone to the Star Trib site – much better. The weather site isn’t even accurate anymore! That’s the worst is that the small temperature says one thing and when you actually look, the temperature is different. Then the historical information shows an entirely different temperature for today! Is that a mistake….is it supposed to be for last year?

1. Joe says:

Strib is far worse with the pop-ups. But otherwise I’m in agreement. Ad revenue is taking over any sense of readership and readability.

4. KB says:

Agree agree agree! There used to be no better local news website. I would check in 5x/day, now it’s more like 2x/week. Glad to see I’m not the only one. Now I’ll just head back to the Strib site (because the other local stations aren’t any better than this). I guess I just keep hoping…

5. Joe says:

Oh here we go with the liberal media canard. Who’s been promoting Pawlenty at every turn? Some liberal media, I guess…

6. Mike says:

Norge-Hard to claim CCO as liberal when they are obviously being controlled by the interests of the corporations who pay for the site to exist. Corporatocracy is pervasively invading every faction of our lives.

7. KS says:

I agree with the ads and would go farther as to say the auto refresh is super annoying. I understand that the goal might be to keep the comments updated, but to not even be able to type a whole comment sometimes because of the refresh is bad. There should be a “pause refresh” option like on most other news sites. What sucks is that I liked WCCO better than anyone else before they got the new site.