Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Vulnerable Adult On Bus

ST. PAUL (WCCO) — A St. Paul man has been charged with allegedly sexually assaulting a woman with Down syndrome on a bus in St. Paul Tuesday, according to the Ramsey County Attorney’s Office.

Herbert Lee House III, 22, was charged with felony counts of third-degree and fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct.

According to the criminal complaint, House sexually assaulted the victim after she got on the bus with other vulnerable adults and a personal care attendant.

Two teenagers witnessed the assault and reported the incident when they got home, the compliant said.

He could face up to 25 years in prison if convicted of both charges.

WCCO’s Susie Jones Interviews Ramsey County Attorney John Choi

Comments

1. Flanders says:

Dan seems to have a thing for Herbert.

2. WHAT????? says:

Skip the prison and just chop his hands off. Hard to assault someone if you cannot touch them.

3. Chicks Must Really Dig You says:

That’s just messed up, it’s not even human. How could you only face 25 years in prison if guilty of such a depraved act. Move to Wisconsin & have relations with animals you freak

4. DaveM says:

Hopefully he’ll get the sex he deserves in prison.

5. thug1 says:

White ass racist rapist

1. ohoh says:

Perhaps a hate crime, he should do more time?

6. Katie says:

Where was the personal care attendant when this was going on???!!! WOW!! That it was allowed to happen in the presence of a person employed to take care of them is something I cannot fathom! I hope whoever was in charge of their care when this occurred has been FIRED!!!

Obviously, though, this sexual predator should get the harshest penalty of the law for his depraved actions. I have to agree with whomever it was above that stated that he will probably get his just rewards in prison. Karma — quite a deal, huh??!!

1. paab says:

I agree, where was the attendant? was she so frightened she couldn’t help. Publlic transportation just gives thugs a way to get around. Last bus strike, shoplifting went down 60% at the area malls. We need to wake up.

7. AS12 says:

The personal care attendant was performing their job as well as possible while with a group of students on a busy city bus. Why didn’t more people witness this horrifying act? It was obviously well concealed or you can bet that care attendant would have put their life on the line for their student. This lowest life form should have been arrested and put in a jail a long time ago, no doubt he has done this before. My thoughts with this young woman and her family.

1. LoveItOrLeaveIt says:

I regret I can agree with you, AS12. Many people fail in their jobs when the rubber meets the road, i.e. when it really counts. “Obviously well concealed” in public? You must be joking! And if the attendant was frightened, all he/she had to do was report it to the driver, who would have come to the aid of the victim via radio contact with the PD. There is NO excuse for the attendant’s failure in protecting these vulnerable people. It is part of the job!

We don’t know whether or not this perpetrator has victimized others. If there were others, hopefully they will come forward.

BTW, those for whom personal care attendants are responsible are not necessarily students. Many of them are employed mentally challenged adults.

1. AS1212 says:

Yes I am well aware many special needs adults are employed, however, more than likely through the aid of others. There is no question this shouldn’t have happened, but it did because no one immediately intervened. I would like to believe in the good of people i.e. protecting others, so yes it must have been well concealed.

As for whether or not this man has previously committed such heinous acts, check other news outlets that reported his involvement in several prior incidents.

2. LoveItOrLeaveIt says:

The first sentence in my previous comment should read: I regret I can NOT agree with you, AS12.

My apologies for the error. Insomnia affects me that way. LOL

8. Nancy Aleshire says:

Where were the other people on the bus while this was going on. This happened on a city bus during the morning. Most buses have large numbers of riders carrying cell phones. Why couldn’t they call 911 or told the bus driver to contact 911 or gone after the perpetrator of this horrendous act. I once came to the assistance of a Somalian lady being harassed. I won’t hesitate on becoming involved if I see a disabled, elderly person or a child being victimized.

9. Lee says:

Wow, Dave Chappelle really looks rough.

10. Dav says:

“Man Accused…”
    Take a good look at that thing. He ain’t no man.