Minnesota Soldier Killed In Afghanistan

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO/AP) — A military policeman from Rosemount has died in an attack in Afghanistan.

The Department of Defense says Spc. Andrew C. Wilfahrt died Sunday when insurgents attacked his unit in Kandahar province using a homemade bomb.

The 31-year-old Wilfahrt was assigned to a military police battalion based in Hawaii.

He enlisted in the Army in January 2009 and has been assigned to the 728th Military Police Battalion since July 2009.

He deployed to Afghanistan in July 2010.

(TM and © Copyright 2011 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. Vet says:

God Bless him and his Family

2. rose joarnt says:

Our Thanks to Spc. Wilfahrt for protecting our country. May he rest in peace. May God be with his family and give them the strenght to get thru this.

3. shirley says:

Spc. Wilfahrt , thanks for being there for us. my thoughts & prayers are with his family.

4. Stacie says:

Spc Wilfahrt, thank you for serving to keep us safe. May god grant you peace and bring comfort to your family and friends.

5. Verine Nordlund says:

thank YOU Soldier for Your service so we may all be free…

6. Bruce Wagner says:

I salute you Spc Wilfahrt. May you rest in heaven and all my peace and prayers to your family. Thank you for the service to our country. God Bless

7. Brddog2410 (Former 4th/19 MP Batt says:

From one MP (Former) to another thanks so much for your dedicated service. I appreciate the sacrifice you made for our country and wish eternal peace to you and God’s Blessing on your loved ones.

8. Linda Sanford Wirt says:

My heart breaks for and with you. Anabel called to let us know about an hour before I heard it on the news. Tragic. Words aren’t enough. Nothing is enough.

9. rosepickle says:

God Bless you Spc. Wilfahrt. Thank you for defending our country

10. Ann B. says:

My utmost respect and gratitude to you, Spc Wilfhart. You made the ultimate sacrafice. My sincere condolences for Spc Wilfahrt’s family and friends. No words can lessen the heartbreak of a young man dying too young. I hope you gain some comfort in knowing that our son served his country well.