Sauk Rapids Man Accused Of Making Bogus 911 Calls

ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) — A Sauk Rapids man is accused of making several bogus 911 calls to Stearns County dispatch.

Dexter Eugene Bingham Jr. is charged with three counts of felony terroristic threats for the calls between Jan. 8 and Feb. 25.

A criminal complaint says the 36-year-old claimed bombs were planted in Sauk Rapids schools and on a deputy’s squad as well as claims of sexual assault and arson.

The St. Cloud Times reports one call led to the partial evacuation of two schools.

Investigators say they traced the GPS coordinates of the cell phone, even though it had been deactivated.

Bingham allegedly admitted placing the calls.

Bingham made a court appearance Friday and was ordered held on $125,000 bail.

(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

One Comment

  1. Why do they call you booger? says:

    Only in St Cloud <: )

  2. Ignorance must be bliss says:

    Read the story? Because this was Sauk Rapids, I count 2 times in the story and 1s in the headline that this is stated. I know it is right across the river but how could you not catch that?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

The Leaderboard
Good Question

Listen Live