Minn. Muslims, Somalis Watch Terrorism Hearing

WASHINGTON (AP) — A congressional panel investigating homegrown terrorism in America displayed sharp divisions Thursday over how to frame the discussion, reflecting a country still struggling with how best to combat terrorism nearly a decade after the Sept. 11 attacks.

Homegrown terrorism is on the rise in the United States, and al-Qaida has built a strategy around inspiring young American Muslims to become one-man terrorist cells. That strategy has at times been successful, and the U.S. government has wrestled with finding a consistent plan to combat it.

Rep. Peter King, the New York Republican who called the hearing, says the American Muslim community is not doing enough to speak out against terrorism and is reluctant to help police. The Obama administration worries that broad statements about an entire religion only play into al-Qaida’s narrative that the U.S. is at war with Islam.

After a week of protests leading up to the hearing, King dismissed what he called unwarranted “rage and hysteria” and said Congress has a duty to press forward.

“Homegrown radicalization is part of al-Qaida’s strategy to continue attacking the United States,” King said as he opened the hearings.

The top Democrat on the committee, Bennie Thompson of Mississippi, said he believes the hearings could be used to inspire terrorists.

“I cannot help but wonder how propaganda about this hearing’s focus on the American Muslim Community will be used by those who seek to inspire a new generation of suicide bombers,” Thompson said.

Despite years government focus on terrorism, there is no one predictable path toward violence. Homegrown terrorists have been high school dropouts and college graduates as well, people from poor and wealthy families alike. Some studied overseas. Others were inspired over the Internet.

That has complicated government efforts to understand and head off the radicalization process. And it reduced some of Thursday’s debate to a series of anecdotes: of Islamic terrorists on the one hand, and Islamic firefighters on the other.

King told The Associated Press that he had larger security details for the past few months because of an overseas threat relayed in December. Since then, round-the-clock security has been provided by the New York Police Department and the Nassau County, N.Y., police.

On Thursday, at King’s request, the Capitol Police secured the congressional hearing room and surrounding areas, as well as his office.

Rarely does a congressional hearing attract as much advance controversy. Critics have likened them to the McCarthy-era hearings investigating communism.

The witnesses included family members of young men who were inspired by others to go into terrorism, with deadly consequences. They told Congress that the young men were brainwashed by radical elements in the Muslim community.

Melvin Bledsoe, whose son, Carlos, is charged with killing an Army private at a recruiting station in Little Rock, Ark., testified about his son’s conversion to Islam and his isolation from his family.

“Carlos was captured by people best described as hunters,” Bledsoe said. “He was manipulated and lied to.”

Elsewhere at the Capitol, National Intelligence Director James Clapper was scheduled to address the threat of homegrown terrorism. In his prepared remarks, Clapper said 2010 saw more plots involving homegrown Sunni extremists — those ideologically aligned with al-Qaida — than in the previous year.

“Key to this trend has been the development of a U.S.-specific narrative that motivates individuals to violence,” Clapper said.

Comments

1. Sick says:

Agree, they are doing nothing to help this country. Committing crime, thinking every American should bow down to their Muslim ways and living off welfare, then having 15 kids that will go on welfare.

1. Really? says:

Totally! No other religion thinks everyone should bow down to their ways and no other type of American live off of welfare or commit crimes. Oh wait…

1. Go back to Africa says:

And they are really ugly and smell bad

2. Tom says:

why do we keep supporting these people, we don’t even take care of or own, something is wrong here

1. FARIDE12 says:

Because this countryWON’T said NO to them and the social services keep bringing them here and we support them , and do you know they all get $ 1200 dollars a piece when they arrive here that is why they always bring all of their family , grand kids nieces and newphews,

3. Jon says:

Wow, I see the bigots have flocked to this story already. You people make me ashamed to live in Minnesota.

1. Bill says:

Last time I checked, you’re free to leave any time

1. MARK from mntaxwaste.com says:

well said Bill

2. Bill says:

and when you go, take that cry baby ellison with you – you two complete each other!

1. Jon says:

Does posting this kind of garbage make you feel better? Who are you trying to convince with this?

I think I’ll stay, thanks. If you don’t like Somalis, why don’t you move? (See, it’s easy to post stupid junk like this, any idiot can do it.)

1. MARK from mntaxwaste.com says:

still don’t get it do you Joan? Thats OK

1. Jon says:

Really? That’s the best you can do? You’ve got nothing other than name calling and fear. That’s OK. In fact it’s great for rational people who see right through your hatred.

3. Jon says:

There are bigots everywhere, Bill, unfortunately. Fewer here than most places, I would guess, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t make me ashamed.

4. MARK from mntaxwaste.com says:

OH Jon did we hurt your feelings? Maybe you can talk about that next time your in your mens group. You whimp!

1. Jon says:

Bigots like you and Sick always hurt my feelings, yes. And it’s spelled “wimp.”

1. MARK from mntaxwaste.com says:

Jon, I spelled it that way for a reason, DA!

2. Jon says:

Yeah, I’m sure you did… This has been a really informative debate, thanks.

5. Tired says:

sorry Jon If you are a white male go to your local human services and see if you can get any help. You can be starving and no place to live and you will never get any help. If you are an illegal somilian you will get everything handed to you with no questions ask. Then go to your local Social Security office and see how many are collection your S.S. that you have paid into. If you are in your 40’s you will have none because they are all collecting it.

1. Jon says:

I doubt that this is true, but as a fully employed adult who is not intimidated by scary poor people, I don’t really know how these services work.

As a person in his 30s I don’t expect to collect social security when I retire, but that’s because of the baby boomers sucking it dry and not because of lawful immigrants to our country. People here illegally obviously shouldn’t be allowed to collect benefits from our government.

1. MARK from mntaxwaste.com says:

Jon, You don’t know much about political economics do you? Thats OK, admitting you have a problem is the first step.

2. Jon says:

So educate me. Your lame one-liners aren’t helping.

3. M B says:

As much as I wish this wasn’t the case, it is true in some cases. My mother worked for one of our local counties before she died and she often related stories of Somalians barging in and demanding the money they deserve.
        It was like they got here thinking they were entitled to payouts. The governments then validated it by giving them money.

I’m not saying they all were like this, but it happened often enough to make my mother greatly concerned.

When new import refugees get more bennies than born-here Americans, I get greatly discouraged. I firmly believe that NO non-American should get ANY benefits from the government, especially if they seem to think they’re entitled to it without actually contributing to society.

6. fitswell says:

so go live with them in there country then if you think it is so good!!

1. Jon says:

Can you point me to where someone wrote that Somalia is a good place to live? Thanks.

1. Gary Lee says:

Well, some parts of Somalia do have some advantages depending on your political philosophy. Large parts of it have no government, no taxes, no gun control laws, no public schools, no unions, no environmental laws, no restrictive building codes, no product safety rules, and no to a lot of other things which really, really irritate some people who want the government off their backs. They also have plenty of guns, drugs, and opportunities for those who want to prove their macho by attacking something, pretty much anything which floats by. Oh, and no welfare system with other people taking your hard earneed money through taxes and giving it to someone else. There are a few people there who will take your money the old fashioned way, by killing you and taking whatever they want, but you can take care of that by having a bigger gun than they do, right?

And great beachfront views!

7. somali with 15 kids says:

Jon,

If you are ashamed to live here, go ahead and move. I am sure that you won’t be missed.

8. Republican says:

gentlemen,

peace. love. empathy.

9. Charles says:

Yes Jon, Any idiot can do it you’ve done a number of times now.

I just coiped the mussy Keith Muhammad crying, Being in Somali Town myself on the west side I can’t wait for a berka law here. Jon if you and K. Muhammad are ASShamed give each other a hug and then kiss the floor before leaving. Head east!

By the way Jon is a Jewish name, And they want to kill you!

“Believers, take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends. They are friends with one another.”

Who is “they?”

MUSLIMS

Maybe you should read the Koran a bit. Don’t ever try and tell me or anyone that that is a book of Peace!

10. Republican '57 says:

hey gentlemen,

peace. love. empathy.

11. Annie Johnson says:

This is so sick. We have Mr. Ellison weeping on the front page of the Trib because one Muslim died on 9/11. Excuse me. Seems it was 3000 Americans last count. Weep on.

1. MARK from mntaxwaste.com says:

well said Annie

2. Charles says:

This is me CLAPPING behind you Statement!

3. Gary Lee says:

Actually, it was 2,669 Americans and 372 other nationalities, not counting the terrorists themselves. Also, if I remember correctly, there were several dozen Muslims among the victims. However, I don’t think any of those in the buildings, American or not, Christian, Muslim or otherwise should be forgotten.

12. Jon says:

I see someone has resorted to posting a Nazi symbol under my name. Nice. Stay classy, guys.

13. MARK from mntaxwaste.com says:

@Joan, That’s all I can do for you!

14. Charles says:

Mulism don’t like Gay guys either Jon!

1. Really? says:

Neither do Catholics/Christians.

1. Charles says:

No catholics and christians don’t care!

However you can’t be a practicing gay. We wont Stone you to death for it!

1. Charles says:

No you moron! I go by the Bible not a cult! These people go by the koran which starts the CULT process.

You need to look at facts, and History of when their part of the book was writen.

The first part of the koran, Tora and Bible are the same! Its when you had

Jesus and the new Test you get a Christian. Matthew 5:38, 39: “YOU heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ [v39] However, I say to YOU: Do not resist him that is wicked; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other also to him.”

Jews BELIEVE in Jesus as well, They don’t deny him. However they DON”T think he is the Son of God.

Mulisms have Mohammed, His book was writen some 5-600 years after he DIED! and everyother sentence is HATE! Qur’an 47:4 “Strike off the heads of the disbelievers”; and after making a “wide slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives.”

Huh Huh HUH

1. Jon says:

Starting an argument with “you moron” is such a great debate technique. Kudos.

You believe that your religion is the right one, just like 6 billion other people on the planet. Congratulations. That doesn’t change my opinion that people from Somalia who have come here legally should be treated with respect as fellow human beings. A very radical idea, I know.

1. Charles says:

You can’t debate! I proved you wrong!

“Jon

Tell that to Fred Phelps. He’s a Christian and so are you, so by the logic of the posters here, you must agree with him. Right?”

NO YOU MORON!

1. Jon says:

You mad? Keep calling me a moron, you’ve almost convinced me!

You proved me wrong? LOL. Since Muslims all think alike, according to you, why not Christians as well? Quoting a bunch of passages from holy books that I’m not going to read anyway is not proof of anything whatsoever.

2. Charles says:

That right there is why you will never learn! So you are basing you OPINON on things you KNOW NOTHING about because you won’t educate yourself on the FACTS! You SIR ARE A MORON!

noun 1. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment

Its right from the Koran.

As a Christian I hope they find Jesus & turn from the dark side.

3. Jon says:

I base my opinions on the actions of people, not some ancient book that I could care less about.

“Some Muslims are evil and want to kill me. Other Muslims are not evil and don’t want to kill me.” Do you disagree with either of those statements?

And seriously, a bit of honest advice here. A person with grammar as bad as yours who resorts to calling others “morons” all the time comes off looking like a complete fool.

4. MARK from mntaxwaste.com says:

I’m sorry Jon if I hurt your feelings, maybe you should take a walk to mamby pamby land so you can talk about those feelings to someone who cares more than I do.

5. Jon says:

Yeah, MARK from the Internet hurt my feelings. LOL

6. Charles says:

Just you Jon!

Tell you what. I’m going to give you my opinon on nuclear space propulsion. Something I’ve read nothing about but watch people that do and look like you.

Fool, No the fool is a person having poor judgment or little intelligence. I know nothing of NSP so I’ll keep my mouth shut!

You should try it.

7. Jon says:

You lost me here, friend.

Are you saying I can have no opinion of Muslims because I haven’t read the Koran? I think that’s BS, personally.

8. Charles says:

If you know nothing of the religion except people walking down the street?

Yes that is what I’m saying. You can have no opinon.

9. Jon says:

I know a couple Muslims personally. Just a couple, so I’m no authority. But I know for a fact that they don’t want to kill me. They’ve had plenty of opportunity over the past eight years. They seem like completely normal people to me, just like everyone else on the block, except for their clothes.

Should I deny what I see everyday because of what it says in a book written 1000 years ago? I know that some Muslims are crazy and read the Koran literally and want to kill me. I just realize that not all of them feel that way, and that’s all I’ve tried to express here.

10. Charles says:

All MUSSIES are crazy. ALL

its a David Koresh, Jim Jones, “DO” type.

They (Somalies) also sew the viginas shut of virgins and pregnant women!

I can only assume other insecure Mussy cultures do as well.

11. Jon says:

You brought up two crazy Christians to prove your point that Muslims are crazy? Huh? Want to try that again?

So since SOME Muslims in Somalia practice genital mutilation, then it must be true that ALL Muslims around the world also do this? That’s what your point is?

12. Jon says:

Nice racist post here, Charles. You suck. Enjoy stewing in your own hate, I wish you the worst.

13. Charles says:

LOL oh Janathan its ok. If you don’t know who “DO” is thats your issue.

No race thing about it!

Janathan has gotten mad now and is telling MOM! lol

2. MARK from mntaxwaste.com says:

Never said mine was right?

3. Jon says:

Where did you read the Secret Muslim Plan to Take Over the World by Overpopulation? I’d like to read it too.

1. MARK from mntaxwaste.com says:

Joan, I thought you gave up crack, you are all over the place? Put the pipe down son.

2. Jon says:

Fascinating.

2. BSchra says:

Charles, based off of your comments I take it your a Christian. However, based off of your comments, I would say you’re not a very good Christian. Where does Jesus or God say it’s ok for you to say these things to another person? To anyone? You have a lot of hate in your heart and I pray to Jesus that he can help you.

P.S. Muslims also believe in Jesus. Same as Jews, he was a prophet not the Son of God.

1. Charles says:

Maybe you should read all my post because I’ve said that. You are more than welcome to your opinon.

2. Jon says:

Yes, because all Muslims think alike, obviously. Like all Christians think alike.

I’m against bigotry, whether it’s perpetrated by Muslims, Christians, or anyone else.

1. MARK from mntaxwaste.com says:

Joan, When will you learn? How sad to see you like this.

1. Jon says:

Another deep thought from MARK. Keep it coming. And I’m enjoying the pictures you’re posting in my name. Very nice. Who’s that last one? It looks like Col. Sanders…

1. MARK from mntaxwaste.com says:

Sorry Joan, I wouldn’t do that, but I have enjoyed myself at your expense today, so thank you.

1. Jon says:

Out of funny pictures to post?

15. MARK from mntaxwaste.com says:

Joan, did you have to do that?

16. America w/ NO SOMALIS = FREEE says:

Jon if you are SOMALI please do all of us a favor and go back to the TRIBE or JUNGLE where you came from and please take all of your people ,.,,

1. Jon says:

No thanks. Great advice though.

17. Charles says:

This is just a few!

Qur’an 9:123 “murder them and treat them harshly”
    Qur’an 3.28 Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully; and Allah makes you cautious of (retribution from) Himself; and to Allah is the eventual coming.
    NOTE: By ‘guarding carefully’, a Muslim should deceive the infidel. Acting as a friend is fine as long as it is to benefit the Muslim and protect Islam.

Qur’an 3:56 “As for those disbelieving infidels, I will punish them with a terrible agony in this world and the next. They have no one to help or save them.”

Qur’an 4.89 They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah’s way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

Qur’an 5:51 “Muslims, do not make friends with any but your own people.”

Qur’an 5:72 “They are surely infidels who say; ‘God is the Christ, the Messiah, the son of Mary.”

Qur’an 8:12 cp. 8:60 “Instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers”; “smite above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them”

Qur’an 2:191 “…kill the disbelievers wherever we find them”

Qur’an 9.33 He it is Who sent His Apostle with guidance and the religion of truth, that He might cause it to prevail over all religions.

Qur’an 2:193 “And fight with them until there is no persecution, and religion should be only for Allah”

Qur’an 8:71 And if they intend to act unfaithfully towards you, so indeed they acted unfaithfully towards Allah before, but He GAVE YOU MASTERY OVER THEM

Qur’an 8:55 Surely the vilest of animals in Allah’s sight are those who disbelieve.

Qur’an 22:19-22 “fight and slay the Pagans, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem” “for them (the unbelievers) garments of fire shall be cut and there shall be poured over their heads boiling water whereby whatever is in their bowels and skin shall be dissolved and they will be punished with hooked iron rods”

Qur’an 48:13 Those who “believe not in Allah and His Messenger, He has prepared, for those who reject Allah, a Blazing Fire!”

Qur’an 3:54 “‘Lord, we believe in Your revelations (the Torah and Gospels) and follow this Apostle (Jesus). Enroll us among the witnesses.’ But the Christians contrived a plot and Allah did the same; but Allah’s plot was the best.”

Qur’an 8:12 “Your Lord inspired the angels with the message: ‘I will terrorize the unbelievers. Therefore smite them on their necks and every joint and incapacitate them. Strike off their heads and cut off each of their fingers and toes.”

Qur’an 8:58 “If you apprehend treachery from any group on the part of a people (with whom you have a treaty), retaliate by breaking off (relations) with them. The infidels should not think they can bypass (Islamic law or the punishment of Allah). Surely they cannot escape.”

Qur’an 8:7 “Allah wished to confirm the truth by His words: ‘Wipe the infidels (non-Muslims) out to the last.’”

Qur’an 8:39 “So, fight them till all opposition ends and the only religion is Islam.”

Qur’an 8:59 “The infidels should not think that they can get away from us. Prepare against them whatever arms and weaponry you can muster so that you may terrorize them. They are your enemy and Allah’s enemy.”

Qur’an 8:60 “Prepare against them (non-Muslims) whatever arms and cavalry you can muster that you may strike terror in the enemies of Allah (non-Muslims), and others besides them not known to you. Whatever you spend in Allah’s Cause will be repaid in full, and no wrong will be done to you.”

Qur’an 4:101 “The unbelievers (non-Muslims) are your inveterate foe.”

Bukhari:V4B56N814 “There was a Christian who embraced Islam and he used to write the revelations for the Prophet. Later on he returned to Christianity again he used to say: ‘Muhammad knows nothing but what I have written for him.’”

Qur’an 9.28 O you who believe! the idolaters are nothing but unclean, so they shall not approach the Sacred Mosque (Mecca) after this year; and if you fear poverty then Allah will enrich you out of His grace if He please; surely Allah is Knowing Wise.
    NOTE: In 631 A.D. (less than one year before his death, Muhammad had a revelation. No infidels allowed into Mecca (9:28). This also included the idolators, i.e., the orginal rock worshippers of the Kabaa who had not submitted to Islam. They were history, what few were left by this time.

Qur’an 9.29 Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

Qur’an 9.30 And the Jews say: Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!

Hadith Sahih Muslim (41:6985) Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:
    The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him; but the tree Gharqad would not say, for it is the tree of the Jews.

Hadith Sahih Bukhari (4:52:176) Narrated ‘Abdullah bin ‘Umar:
    Allah’s Apostle said, “You (i.e. Muslims) will fight with the Jews till some of them will hide behind stones. The stones will (betray them) saying, ‘O ‘Abdullah (i.e. slave of Allah)! There is a Jew hiding behind me; so kill him.’ “

Hadith Sahih Bukhari (4:52:177) Narrated Abu Huraira:
    Allah’s Apostle said, “The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. “O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him.”

Hadith Sahih Bukhari (4:56:791) Narrated ‘Abdullah bin ‘Umar:
    I heard Allah’s Apostle saying, “The Jews will fight with you, and you will be given victory over them so that a stone will say, ‘O Muslim! There is a Jew behind me; kill him!’ “

Hadith Sahih Muslim (41:6981) Ibn ‘Umar reported Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:
    You will fight against the Jews and you will kill them until even a stone would say: Come here, Muslim, there is a Jew (hiding himself behind me); kill him.

Hadith Sahih Muslim (41:6982) Ubaidullah has reported this hadith with this chain of transmitters (and the Words are):
    “There is a Jew behind me.”

Hadith Sahih Muslim (41:6983) Abdullah b. ‘Umar reported Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:
    You and the Jews would fight against one another until a stone would say: Muslim, here is a Jew behind me; come and kill him.

Hadith Sahih Muslim (41:6984) Abdullah b. ‘Umar reported that Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) said:
    The Jews will fight against you and you will gain victory over them until the stone would say: Muslim, here is a Jew behind me; kill him.

The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him; but the tree Gharqad would not say, for it is the tree of the Jews.

Bukhari:V9B84N59 “Allah’s Apostle said, ‘I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: “None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.” Whoever says this will save his property and his life from me.’”

1. MARK from mntaxwaste.com says:

BRAVO CHARLES, WELL DONE

1. Charles says:

Thanks, I’m checking out the website as well!

2. Jon says:

You post this as if I’ve been arguing that Islam is a religion of peace, or something. I could care less about the Koran. I don’t think all Muslims are evil just like I don’t think all Christians are evil. That’s it.

1. Charles says:

If you follow the Koran, then you are evil. or leave!

If you don’t want 10 wives in Utah don’t be a CLDS
        If you don’t want to protest a funeral, Don’t go to a church in KS.

If you do want to be Evil, follow and pray with the Koran,
        want 10 wives move to Utah
        want to protest, church is in KS.

Quacks like a duck is not a chickadee! its a DUCK!

18. MARK from mntaxwaste.com says:

Sharia Law, If your female shut your mouth and cover your face, if your gay you get stoned to death, have an affair on your husband mercy killing, or loose your nose These nut jobs need to go

19. Alla says:

Don’t forget Friday is National draw a picture of me Day.

20. Interesting says:

Saying Muslims are bleeding our welfare system dry, they hate everyone, calling Muslims “them” and “they,” that’s not right and you all know it. Hasn’t history taught us that these are not the things to say? I know Mulsims and they’re good people and Islam does not teach hate or violence, it teaches what most other religions try to teach and that’s to try to be a good person and follow whichever god(s) you believe in. Except there are those who give it any religion a bad rap. Don’t let your mind be clouded by the actions of a few extremist. I’m Catholic and there are definately other Catholics/Christians who make me not so proud to be so (why can’t I as a woman be a priest, why can’t my gay friends who love each other marry, why are members of my religion protesting soliders funerals, what was up with the Crusades, etc?).

3000 Americans died on 9/11. It says nothing of their ethnic, cultural or religious background. If you are here legally, you are my American brother/sister, and just like most families, we might not get agree all the time, but it’s up to us to solve this disagreements civilly. Not with name calling or ill-inforrmed statements. Maybe it’s the hate I’ve seen on this page that’s driving people to extremism.

Also, let’s remember that most of the hijackers came from Saudi Arabia, the most extreme of the Muslim countries. If you really want to put a country to it, Somalia has nothing on them.

1. Jon says:

Interesting, thanks for this post. It’s nice to see a little common sense here instead of mouth-foaming hate.

2. Charles says:

Maybe you should read the Koran as well! and then tell me what it teaches!

Remember thats their/they/them bible?

9/11 has nothing to do with it! except the K. Muhammad brought it up to get attention.

1. Jon says:

Every Muslim on the planet does not follow the Koran literally. How hard is that to understand.

Do you follow the bible literally?

21. Mohammad says:

Don’t forget to draw my picture today and show your friends

22. Kevin says:

They should all watch the hearings from back in Africa! Watch Europe and get a clue!!!

23. Unimpressed says:

Gosh, you all seem like such a warm, wholesome, loving bunch of people, I have no idea why anyone would want to kill you.

Remember that pasty white Christians like Timothy McVeigh are terrorists too.

Timmy was a sick boy!

There are others.

24. Charles says:

The funny thing Jonathan is thus.

You complain about people using one liners. It has been you that can’t debate anything.

You’re upset because you look like Sanders?

If you Don’t read maybe you should listen to the radio, try Rush or Glen.

Over pop! you wouldn’t read it anyway.

My name isn’t Jonathan.

My complaint is about insults and name calling that have nothing to do with the topic. You don’t like my debate technique, that’s OK with me.

No, I don’t look like Sanders and I’m not upset that someone posted that image. I have no idea what it’s supposed to mean. I

I do read, but I’m not going to listen to Rush or Glenn Beck. I get bored with all the partisanship from both sides.

“Over pop!” Is that supposed to mean something?

25. Charles says:

Jon please don’t tell me about Grammer when you start a sentence off with the word “AND”

Okay Pumpkin

1. Jon says:

It’s perfectly acceptable to start a sentence with “and.” Is your Google broken?

1. Charles says:

Jonathan in what English class did they teach you this?

2. Jon says:

Seriously, have you tried Google? It’s considered informal but acceptable English. Look into it.

26. steve says:

I guess when you can’t argue a point properly or correctly, just start calling people “bigots”. Always the surefire way to admit you’ve lost the debate & have no point.

1. Jon says:

There are bigots in the world, steve. That’s a fact. The first post under this story, which has since been deleted, is the one that I was originally responding to and was racist, period. Believe it or not.

1. Charles says:

Yes Jonathan, I used the ebonics and you run and tell mommy. so I’m a racist!

Do you watch Nancy?

27. Charles says:

Jonathan

Do you follow the bible literally?”

No but then My Bible doesn’t TEACH HATE!

“Jonathan

So when a Christian is a terrorist, he’s simply a “sick boy” and not reflective of Christianity as a whole, but when a Muslim blows something up, all Muslims are evil. Got it.”

No but then I don’t recall him blowing up the building saying in the name of Jesus…. BOOM! Do you?

1. Jon says:

There is lots of violence in the bible as you know well. That doesn’t mean I think Christians are violent. Some are, some aren’t. Yes, there is hate in the Koran, but that doesn’t mean all Muslims hate us.

I have no idea what McVeigh was thinking or saying when he blew up that building. Do you? I think he was a sick freak, period.

1. Charles says:

Violence and HATE are to different things.

God is not heard saying kill them. Hit the man next to you.

Nor is Jesus! Moh is!

Man you don’t get it!!!

Ok I when I pray I do so to God with the son of God (Jesus’s) help. God and Jesus are all about peace and honoring your brother.

They (Mussies) Pray to a man Moh that is all about hate! telling them to kill YOU!

TM link on why he did it. http://www.digital-exp.com/doco/TimothyMcVeigh.html

God is not there, its all about the Government! Not the people.

28. Charles says:

If they are Muslim they have no chice but to follow the Koran. FACT! If they pray to Moh, and trust his word…. Case & Point!

1. Jon says:

I believe there are all kinds of different Muslims. Some follow the Koran closely, others not at all. I know Christians who follow the Bible closely and others who don’t, the same with Jews, and I have to assume the same is true of Muslims. There are like a billion of them spread out all over the world.

1. Charles says:

Jews don’t Pray nor use the Torah to kill people!

Christains don’t use the Bible to Kill people!

Hindu aren’t into it either!

Buddhism… Nope

Pagan…. Nope hell they love ROCKS!

The Koran is the book they use and it is all about killing you!

Are you going to have a few here and there sure! BUT if you start with a book of hate….

29. Sally says:

To Charles: Really? Your Bible doesn’t teach hate? God doesn’t tell people to kill others? You may want to go back to Sunday school. For starters:

Exodus 15:3: “The LORD is a man of war”

Jeremiah 25:33 “In that day those the LORD has slaughtered will fill the earth from one end to the other. No one will mourn for them or gather up their bodies to bury them. They will be scattered like dung on the ground.”

Psalm 137:9 “Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!”

1 Samuel 15:3: “Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.”

Numbers 31:17: “Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.”

Deuteronomy 13: 6-11 “If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” . . . You must certainly put them to death. . . . Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the LORD your God.”

Mark 7: 9-11 “And he continued, ‘You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and mother,’ and, ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’”

Jeremiah 50:21-22 “Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge! Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you,” says the LORD. “Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction”.

Jeremiah 25:34-38 “Weep and moan, you evil shepherds! Roll in the dust, you leaders of the flock! The time of your slaughter has arrived; you will fall and shatter like fragile pottery. You will find no place to hide; there will be no way to escape. Listen to the frantic cries of the shepherds, to the leaders of the flock shouting in despair, for the LORD is spoiling their pastures. Peaceful meadows will be turned into a wasteland by the LORD’s fierce anger. He has left his den like a lion seeking its prey, and their land will be made desolate by the sword of the enemy and the LORD’s fierce anger.”

Exodus 21:23-25 “But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.”

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 “If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother … Then all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die.”

The truth is, all religions (except for maybe Buddhism) have at one point or another used their teachings to promote hate and violence. It doesn’t make it right, but it also isn’t right to profile an entire population of people based on the crazy (or “sick”) acts of a small majority.

And based on your reasoning above, I deduce that All men named Charles are crazy. ALL. You’re probably missing your front teeth too, and I bet you smack your wife and kids (but justify it as Christian love. You are the man, after all, and Jesus says you’re to be obeyed).

1. Charles says:

Sally, Jesus NEVER said that MAN is to be Obeyed! FACT wow you need to read as well.

If you are going to quote the bible at least have the entire Passage!

2nd, you are quoting Daniel and others NOT Jesus or GOD!

The Bible has Never taught HATE! You Never hear Gods word saying such things. The Koran has such things and they ARE MOH WORDS whom if I recall they pray to.

2. Charles says:

I bet you think the Constitution says “separation of church and state” too?

1. Sally says:

Charles, Jesus most certainly does say that man is to be obeyed:

“Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their husbands in every thing” (Ephesians 5:22-24).

“But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God” (1 Corinthians 11:3).

“Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord” (Colossians 3:18).

“Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church” (1 Corinthians 14:34-35).

As for quoting an entire passage, some of them had words the comment filters don’t like. But as a God-fearing citizen, you surely have your Bible handy to look up the rest if you’re interested.

Well, some of those passage were written by Daniel, yes, but others were written by Moses, Nehemiah, Ezra, and Samuel. And they all supposedly wrote what GOD told them to write.

Regardless, plenty of Christians throughout history have used the words in the Bible to spread hate and violence. The Crusades were a perfect example of Christian jihad.

3. Charles says:

Also Sally, Most of those things are in the KORAN as well!

All but the Mark but then he was refering to what Moses said.

Mark 7:9-11 (King James Version)

9And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

10For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:

11But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.

1. Sally says:

You just proved my point for me, Charles. You were trying to tell us all that only the Koran promotes hate, but you yourself just confirmed that many of those same exact teachings are also in your holy Bible. You can’t discount the words of the Old Testament just because Jesus or God didn’t write them. Last I checked, Jesus or God didn’t write a single word in the entire Bible. And Moses, and anyone else quoted in the Bible, were supposedly holy servants hand-picked by God, so we have to assume that he was cool with what they were saying and doing. And if he wasn’t, then the entire Bible is a joke.

2. Charles says:

Ok submit and OBEY are they same thing? Time to read up.

Not only does Paul not use the word ‘obey’, his indications of what he means by ‘submit’ is related to humility and not to obedience:

Also Sally I’m not praying to Mosses, Samuel. Samuel didn’t write that book either. Samuel is against the true King that God has chosen. God never tells Danel to Kill people. He tells him that he will be protected. Danel kills on his own and he comes to know it later.

3. Charles says:

They are stories Sally, Stories! Jesus nor God ever teach hate! Period

Lame duck Mohammed does! FACT!

ONLY THE KORAN DOES PROMOTE HATE YES! TRUE!

30. Proofreader says:

Never underestimate the bigotry and ignorance of the American public. We’re now a third world country, headed for the dark ages. We’re witnessing the fall of the empire.

31. Go away, go back where you came from says:

Why don’t they watch it from Somalia?

32. FARIDE12 says:

33. Sally says:

Charles, that’s a nice clearly biased link you sent me to about the semantical distinction between submit and obey in regard to the Bible. I would like to point something out:

According to the article, “The further implication is that whatever “submission” a wife is called to, her husband (as a Christian) is called to the same thing.”

But the thing is, it’s just that. An implication. And since the Bible takes pains to detail so many different rules for so many different households and types of relationships, I find it hard to believe that it would just leave out altogether a husband’s similar duty to his wife, and just force us to deduce these things on our own. What kind of instructional book does that? Because implications and deductions are where things start to go wrong.

I know you don’t pray to Moses, or Samuel, or Daniel. You pray to Jesus. Maybe God. Maybe the Holy Spirit. But you take the words in the Bible as true, and none of those words were written by the people you pray to. So what is the point of the Bible, then?

Similarly, if it’s all about who you pray to and not who wrote your Good Book, then what exactly is your beef with Islam? Muslims don’t pray to the prophet Mohammed anymore than you pray to Ezekial.

I pray to God, in the name of Jesus

Sally, if you went to Chruch you would know this. How many more links do you want! IT NEVER SAID OBEY! It also does say what a man has to do! Read it sometime.

“The Bible tells man what should be his behavior toward his wife, and a Christian must live and do just what the Bible says, without any modifications. The reader has already agreed with me that to have a Christian experience is to live a Christian life.

The husband is to regard the wife as the weaker vessel, and thus give her honor, support, and protection. “Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honor unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.”* The husband must look upon his wife with respect, and because of her feminine sensitiveness have an especial care for her in spiritual things, and be her support in temporal things. Women have trials peculiar to their own sex, and a husband can scarce be called a husband, much less a Christian, that neglects to console and comfort them and throw as much joy and sunlight into their lives as possible. When Hannah wept because she had no son, her husband sought to comfort her with these words: “Why weepest thou? and why eatest thou not? and why is thy heart grieved? am not I better to thee than ten sons?”* May God help husbands to so dwell with their wives that when the wife is in discouragement and sorrow they can cheer them by recounting their love, devotion, and goodness to them—Why is thy heart grieved? am I not good and kind to thee?

Husbands must love their wives as themselves. “So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church.”* The care Jesus exercises in nourishing and cherishing the church is illustrative of the care the husband should manifest in nourishing and cherishing his wife. “Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.”* All hasty, sharp, cross, unkind, cutting, bitter words are forever put away by the Christian husband, who loves his wife. Cross, hasty words are not the fruit of a Christian spirit; and if you have not ceased from them, God has better things for you.”

Ashadu anna Muhammadan rasoolullah

So were do they get their teachings? Moh right?

1. Sally says:

I went to church for the first 18 years of my life, and I had enough, thanks.

Sure, the article you sent me says that men should be nice to their wives, and maybe in some places of the Bible, it says that too, though even then the Bible still calls us the “weaker vessel,” which *implies* that men are superior. (see how much trouble implications can cause?)

How can you say you get your teachings from Jesus if Jesus didn’t write the Bible? If the teachings upon which you base your religion come from the Bible, then you are getting your teachings from Moses, Ezra, Samuel, Jeremiah, Nehemia, Ezekial, Daniel, Paul, John, Matthew, etc.

Yes, Muslims believe Mohammed wrote the Koran. But that still doesn’t mean Muslims pray to Mohammed. You’d know that if you had ever talked to a Muslim instead of making broad generalizations about their religion, which you clearly don’t understand, and are therefore reacting out of fear toward it. It’s okay to be afraid of your stupidity, Charles. Jesus God in Heaven knows that I am. Just don’t spew hate and call it Christian love. Jesus did tell us to love one another, right? So why are you being such a racist, hateful jerk here? When you act like this, you make baby Jesus cry. YES! TRUE!

2. Charles says:

Sally You need to go back to church! Really…You are the weaker vessel, Unless you are a body Builder, Hunt, Fish, Defend, and protect!

ITS a reminder: In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered.

Sally this is really were you need to educate yourself PLEASE! Muslims don’t think he wrote the Koran!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Notice my miss use of !!!!!!!!!!!!

the first half of the Koran if the OLD TEST of the Bible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The 2nd part wasn’t started until 5-600 years after his death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unlike the NEW TEST which was started by those whom knew Jesus!!!!!!!!!!

I Never said that I want a Mussy to DIE here! You’re casting stones Not I. BUT you nor anyone here can tell me that Islam is about peace! Facts Sidetrack Sally. I pray for them just as will pray for you.

BTW baby Jesus is all grown up now.

34. Kevin says:

Okay, let me get this straight, Charles. You’re saying that because Jesus and God didn’t write the Bible, it doesn’t promote hate, even though there are many hateful, violent passages contained within that, according to the authors of the books, came straight from the horse’s mouth (yes, I did just call your God a horse)?

That’s fine, I can jive with that. But then you also have to let Muslims off the hook, since they believe in Allah, aka God (FACT!), and God didn’t write the Koran either (ALSO TRUE!).

Kevin, No!

God never promotes hate! just because the Bible, Torah, and Koran have stories of war, hate and violence does not mean God, or Jesus taught such.

Moh does teach hate plain and simple! show me were Jesus is caught saying stone your brother because he doesn’t beleive in the same things as you?

Many of the “authors” did NOT here God such has Jesus or Moses. The are biographys of the times. Do you really think everyone heard God in these? Really?

1. Kevin says:

Maybe Jesus himself doesn’t teach hate, but the servants he annointed to write his word certainly spread it around.

And aren’t you metaphorically stoning your Mulsim brothers and sisters with all your hateful speeches here, just because they don’t believe the same thing as you?

I don’t beleive ANY of the authors actually heard God or Jesus. Which is precisely my point. If the Bible isn’t the word of God or Jesus, what point does it serve? And where do you get Jesus’ teachings, then? Osmosis?

2. Um. says:

Can I just remind everyone that Muhammed wasn’t god, he was a profit translating the words of god because catholics got it wrong? Muhammed was translating what God really wanted to say that catholics/christians got wrong. They also believe that Jesus was a person, but was not the son of god, he was a prophet like Muhammed.

3. Charles says:

Kevin if you read the Bible you would know that it is a sin to “metaphorically” stone anyone. As I told sally, No I wish them no harm. I pray for them.

They ARE NOT ABOUT PEACE!

UM,
        1 Catholicism wasn’t around. it started about 1000 ad.
        2 the Koran was writen in or around 600 and wasn’t put together for some years later. Maybe Moh 6year old wife helped him write it!

Islam does think Jesus has a Prophet. Unless you’re a nation of Islam follower then he was born out of Adultery.

2. Charles says:

BTW Kevin, a Mussy will kill you for calling Moh or God a Horse.

A Christian, (me) will say. I will pray for you.