Minn. Woman Found Dead Along Denali Highway

FAIRBANKS, Alaska (AP) — Alaska State Troopers are investigating the death of a Minnesota woman whose body was found along the Denali Highway.

Troopers say the body of 26-year-old Theresa Lynn Bongert of Coon Rapids, Minn., was found Tuesday about 10 miles east of Cantwell.

Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reports there were no apparent signs of a crime.

Comments

1. L,Gignac says:

Yeah, if someone did throw her out of the car, it should be considered murder. No one can survive the elements up there very long. It’s no different then throwing someone into a fiery pit. The only difference is the duration it takes for death to come to fruition.

2. Ray says:

When leavining insensitive comments you should consider that the people reading them may have known and cared about her.

1. anita mann says:

Just reading, didn’t know her, shocked by the callousness of the first posting so thank you for saying something.

1. Ray says:

I did know her and I just had to say something. Thanks for the kind remarks.

3. K says:

Thank you for your comment, Ray. Theresa is loved and dearly missed.

4. Kim says:

My thoughts and prayers go to Jenny and her family, during this terrible time. Words can not express nor can they take away the the pain you all must be feeling.

5. Martha says:

Theresa was a nice girl and came from a great family. Our prayers and thoughts are sent to her family. There are just no words to describe such an awful thing.

1. songofjoy says:

My parents were both born in northern MN and we have wonderful family who live there. I was born and raised here in the interior of Alaska. I am drawn to this tragedy because Theresa could have easily been one of my relatives. My heart goes out to her family and loved ones. I pray right now for God’s comforting love to embrace all who knew her and that those investigating this mystery will be guided to the truth so her loved ones may have closure, in Jesus name, Amen.

6. Dean says:

The Denali Highway is closed to traffic from 15oct to 15may….. The only way in is by foot or by snow machine this time of year…

7. Rachael says:

Theresa and I have been really good friends over the last few years and I do and always will love her with all my heart. I’ve only met her parents once when she was moving from minn. but I definately send my sympathy and to some extent my empathy as well. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.She was an awesome person and I will always keep her in my heart. If anyone at all knows any more about why she went to alaska, what really happened, and if there will be a funeral it would really help me through the pain and loss. (might help me stop crying)