ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — The Ordway Center for the Performing Arts has presented its 2010 Sally Ordway Irvine Awards to recognize outstanding achievements in the arts in Minnesota.
Recipients were honored in five areas:
– Arts Access: Amy Stoller Stearns and the Historic Holmes Theatre in Detroit Lakes;
– Initiative: Kathy Mouacheupao and the Center for Hmong Arts and Talent;
– Commitment: soul, R&B and blues singer Willie Murphy;
– Education: author Anton Treuer, professor of Ojibwe at Bemidji State University; and
– Vision: Michelle Hensley and Ten Thousand Things Theater.
The Sally Awards are named after Sally Ordway Irvine, who inspired the creation of the Ordway Center for the Performing Arts. The awards were presented Monday at the Ordway in St. Paul.
(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)