ROSEVILLE, Minn. (AP) — A visitation has been scheduled for the Coon Rapids man who died last week after inhaling a synthetic drug.

A service for 19-year-old Trevor Robinson will be held at 3 p.m. Thursday at North Heights school in Roseville. Visitation will be held for one hour prior to the service.

Authorities say Robinson inhaled a synthetic drug called 2C-E last week, then began acting violently and stopped breathing. He died Thursday, and preliminary autopsy results show the drug caused a heart attack.

A Blaine man has been charged with unintentional third-degree murder for providing the drug. Authorities say 21-year-old Timothy Lamere bought the drug online and gave it to others at a party. The drug sent nearly a dozen people to the hospital.

(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments (10)
  1. JamieinMN says:

    I think it’s RIDICULOUS that they’re charging the man who supplied it. They should track down whoever sold it to Timothy and charge them too! What happened to self-responsibility? Oh that’s right, no one has it anymore.

  2. Ms.Work.Hard.Live.Strong says:

    Agreed Jamie. People must take accountability in their actions and behaviors. It is a very sad incident don’t get me wrong, however, we all make mistakes and unfortunately it was fatel. I feel sorry for his family and friends for the loss. But the honest truth is he knew by inducing a drug that it may have some harmful effects, nobody forced him to do it. When people make decisions the outcome can go one of two ways: good or bad. That is the risk you are willing to take when you make a decision. It’s a choice.

  3. Grizzlyman says:

    I would hope that any jury would find him not guilty no matter what the gung-ho DA says.

    1. Kevin says:

      What in this article, written by the Associated Press, is not factual? There is no indication one way or the other about the legal status of the drug in the article.

      1. JKB says:

        The drug was LEGAL. It was reported in the original report of this incident.

  4. Angelle says:

    MY son had someone at a party put something in his drink, We were called to the hospital in the wee hours of the morning when an officer showed up at our door. We were air lifted to a major city, at the time he had stopped breathing and was intibated. Police questioned the those involved and no one would say anything. Our son was on full life support , they did not know if he would make it. After telling the kids at the party they would be charged, one finally admitted what had been put in his drink, and the Hospital was able to then treat our son to try and reverse some of the effects. But too much time had passed …. we had to wait it out. He did survive, but with a life time side effect. it affected his brain and personality! NO ONE was charged with anything !!!!!!!!!!

    1. JKB says:

      Sadly Angelle, your strry is just one of many that other parents have also gone through. Somewhere, someones son/daughter is being treated for drug abuse and will spend their life much like your son, and very possibly lose the battle altogether. Our kids have to take responsibility for their actions, they decided to inhale, sniff, shoot, or drink. Those that didnt make the choice, and suffered the consequences at someone else’s hands need to be held accountable for their actions. It sounds like there was a failure on law enforcements part in your case. It is VERY sad when we hear of another young person dying that made the decision to partake in the drug of choice at the time. But, personally I, like many others, believe partaking in the use is a choice made by the user, and the supplier provided the drug only, not intending or knowledgeable of the possible outcome. There is so much written and reported, yet our young people dont believe a word of caution, because they are kids, and they think they know it all. All they care is how good the drug makes them feel. For some, its the only times they feel happy and stress free. Young Mr Robinson paid dearly for his choice. His girlfriend lost the man she loved, and the child goes without a Father in his life.. All very regretable, but which could have been avoided had he made a better decison. To this young mans family, I extend my sympathy for your loss. To his friends, I hope youll learn the lesson put before you, to prevent the loss of more friends.

      1. JamieinMN says:

        Agreed JKB, this sounds like it was just swept under the rug. I’m sorry about your son, Angelle.

  5. rich says:

    I hope everyone that goes to the furneral especially the kids take a good look him and think that could be me in there and next time you have a choice in life to do any drugs make a smart choice not a bad one like he did,maybe this tragic loss of life will make someone think before you make that wrong decision,life can be great without the drugs

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Watch & Listen LIVE