Police: Woman, 19, Sexually Assaulted In Macy’s Bathroom

ST. PAUL, Minn. (WCCO) — Saint Paul Police are asking for help in identifying a man who sexually assaulted a 19-year-old woman Sunday afternoon in a downtown Macy’s restroom.

The woman told police that after she came out of a stall in the women’s restroom, a man was standing before her. The man then grabbed the woman’s buttocks and asked if she wanted to leave with him.

The woman refused, and when she did, the man tried to grab her again. The woman then walked out of the restroom and told a Macy’s employee what had happened. The employee called police, the police said.

The report described the man as a black male, approximately 22 – 30 years old, with a medium build, wearing a black stocking cap, glasses and a black jacket over a blue and white striped polo T-shirt. He was clean shaven.

The incident occurred at the Macy’s department store located on 441 Cedar St. in St. Paul.

Police would also like to talk to a teenage girl believed to have encountered the man during or soon after the incident.

If you have any information, you are asked to call the St. Paul Police at 651-266-5676.

Comments

1. JB says:

thank you CCO. Fianlly a factually reported story regardless of race. About time.

2. Sterilization 2012 says:

Gee, grabbing a strangers butt & asking them to leave with you didn’t work for this guy, what a loser, find him & let Bubba play grab ass with him.

3. Jon says:

Should just disable comments on this one LOL. We all know what’s coming.

1. Zaydee says:

HIDE YO KIDS HIDE YO WIFE

4. Tom says:

For any woman, you all should be more careful wherever you are things can happen anytime anywhere don’t think that it will never happen to you, never say never because you never know when its your turn. But if you plan to do it, don’t lie to the law.

5. PaulW says:

I’m sure he’ll find someone’s butt he likes in prison. Or they’ll like his.

6. Kim says:

Way to blame the victim Tom

7. MJM says:

Oh God, I used to shop there all the time when I worked downtown. I carried pepper spray with me after a man followed me down the street periodically whispering comments like ‘nice a$s’ – when I turned around to mace him, he was gone. I was kinda disappointed b/c he deserved it for following me! Nicollet Mall is a scary place. You can never be too careful. These jerks need to leave us alone!

8. Doug says:

If your reading this (genius from the macy’s store) all I can say is, you better sleep with your butt to the wall while your at Greystone University.

9. Victim Du Jour says:

They must have security footage, maybe it doesn’t show the guy going into a restroom.

I’m sure they have a video cam overlooking the bathroom entrances.

10. paab says:

For this man to be so brazen he has done this before, possibly worse. Hope they find him soon, traumatic for a 19 year old.

11. Allison says:

Man, they just let people say whatever they want on this thing. “You never know when it’s your turn to be sexally assaulted?” Let’s hope it’s Tom’s turn next.

P.S. MJM–it clearly states this occurred in a Macy’s in St. Paul, not Nicollet Mall in Minneapolis.

12. Bob says:

I think that I know this guy. His name is tyrone! No maybe it was terelle.

13. don says:

She wanted it all white women want it from black men

14. don't like don says:

hey don you are a freaking idiot. you need an attitude adjustment!!!

15. Jenni W says:

Why would anyone want to grab a womans butt right after she’s taken a dump? Ewwwwwww