The Good Life For Less: Save Some Green On Your Lawn & Garden
When it gets warm out you may want to head outside and work on your lawn and garden, but patience is a virtue according to this University Of Minnesota Extension article.
Just because you may have to wait a few more weeks to get planting, doesn’t mean you can’t reap the benefits of stocking up on some of the supplies you’ll need to make your yard sparkle.
Typically the best time to buy gardening supplies is between the end of February through March and April. You can get up to half-off on rakes, hoes, shovels, soil, grass seeds, fertilizer and other gardening supplies depending on where you look.
Here are a few of the landscaping, gardening, and deck sales happening this week at some of the big home improvement stores. Make sure to check your local nursery for their sales or see if they’ll price match the “big boys.” Here are some of the stand-out deals this week:
– Buy two, get one free Interlock Edgers (limit 50 free per house)
– Premium crabgrass preventer for $6.99 (after $3 mail-in rebate)
– 30-count gladiolus bulbs are 2 for $5
– Cotton jersey work gloves are 3 pairs for $0.99
– Shop online and get any of these items 4 for $10 (Mulch, Miracle Gro Soil, RoundUp)
– Upside down tomato kit for $8.98 (normally $9.98) but can save you money on tomatoes all summer long.
– Pressure washer for $79.99 (normally $99.97)
– Get a Lowe’s 10 percent off your entire purchase coupon (on purchases up to $5,000)
– Gallon shrubs $3.49 (normally $6.89) only from 4/7-4/10 (while supplies last)
– Scotts Moisture Advantage Potting Soil (1.25 Cu. Ft.) for $3.88 (normally $7.77)
– Purchase Scotts Turf Builder for $16.44 get free Roundup Spray ($10.97 Value)
– Join the Garden Club and get offers mailed to your door. I’m part of this and have gotten some great coupons and tips.
I also recommend checking out some of the free classes offered at many local home improvement store. Places like Gerten’s are offering free lawn care classes every Saturday in April starting at 10 a.m.
If you know of any other deals, share them with other ‘Good Lifers’ in the comment section. You can also text WCCODEALS to 84816 for a ‘deals of the week’ reminder.