Twins Blog: My Perfect Twins Moment

By Peter J. Nelson, WCCO

It didn’t happen during any of the division clinchers. It wasn’t at any of the playoff games. It wasn’t game 163.

My perfect Twins moment happened last night.

After Nishi went down last week with a fractured fibula, Luke Hughes was called up.

Luke had a promising spring but an even more promising name.

Let me explain.

Luke came up to the plate last night in the 4th with the bases loaded. The fans bellowed their typical “LUUUUUKKKKKE.”

Then, as if there was a voice calling from the stars above our heads, we heard a very familiar voice say “Use the Force, Luke.”

It was Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Luke heard him, focused and smacked a two run single into center field. He looked strong enough to pull the ears off a Gundark.

We need to keep this going. At Target Field, the Twins have only hit one home run this season. Last season they hit 52 home runs. The year before, at the Dome, they hit 96 homers!

Do you remember what happened when the Twins hit a homer in the Dome?  They played a theme from Star Wars. Just saying.

Hughes the Force, Luke. Hughes the Force.

lukesrock Twins Blog: My Perfect Twins Moment

(credit: AP/Gregory Shamus/Getty Images)

Comments

1. Pork Chop Guy says:

Luke-a-likes

2. LookItUp says:

They have hit 3 so far. In order: Valencia, Span, and Thome

3. TwinsblogWCCO says:

I did look it up. Valencia and Span hit theirs in Toronto. I’m talking about Twins home runs at Target Field. Thome’s is the only one there this season so far.

4. chris twins nut section 128 says:

My favorite target field moment is when Thome belted the 2 run homer against the sox. I did enjoy the Luke star wars referrance last night though. The old man that was dancing during the in between innings of big screen was great too.

5. chilly in sec 216 and lovin' it says:

I loved that moment, too! Our 7 year old is a huge Star Wars fan and we’ve been saying it for 2 days now. Hughes the Force, Luke….. Love it!

6. Tom says:

I’m glad the twinkes and the vikqueens lost cause the suck

7. jediSwift says:

hi could someone content perceive me why they be entitled to all that coins?

I wrote a tale hither this called #OccupyWallStreet

Make known me whatcha believe😀