Man Gets Probation In Robbery, Assault Of Woman

ST. PAUL, Minn. (WCCO) — An 18-year-old man who pleaded guilty to first-degree aggravated robbery in February was sentenced to 10 years probation on Wednesday in Ramsey County District Court.

Javaunte Johnson was one of three men accused of stealing a 91-year-old woman’s purse, assaulting her and dragging her outside a drug store last December. He pleaded guilty to charges on Feb. 14.

The victim suffered a fractured finger and cut near her right eye, according to a criminal complaint.

Johnson will not serve prison time and has to pay $131 in fines. A 15-year-old and 20-year-old were also charged in connection with the incident.

Comments

1. GOPSUX says:

Filthy conservative.

1. Ferris Lind says:

nothing like seing a LIBERAL SHEEP on a comment board

2. Dave Seavy says:

It’s too bad they didn’t grab her breast. Then they could have been sent away for a decade. What a joke. Assault a senior citizen and walk.

3. michellefrommadison says:

Has anyone evr made it through a decade long probation before without vilating?

1. Jim Hanson says:

Nah, this puke will get nabbed in a few months, maybe a year for dope or another crime. The judge should be removed from the bench. Utter nonsense!!

4. Victim Du Jour says:

Didn’t they just put a massage therapist in prison for 10 years for slapping a repeat customer on the butt?

Minnesota is ditzy

5. seriously? says:

1. Correction: Javaunte Johnson was given a probationary sentence because he reached that agreement with the prosecutors. He already served almost 2 months in jail. Moreover, he pleaded guilty to aiding and abetting simple robbery. A co-defendant admitted to the assault.

2. For those of you who would link a name like Javaunte to supporting Obama, why don’t you just be honest with everyone and admit you just don’t like black people? That way, you can distinguish yourself as a racist instead of identifying yourself as a conservative. Then again, when I see creepy meth-head kidnapping pedophiles, I immediately think he’s a Bachmann supporter.

6. Bea Romo says:

This was a serious crime. And this guy only got probation. You can believe he is going to go out and do it again, with that slap in the hand. He is just going to be more careful about getting caught.

1. michellefrommadison says:

At least, like you say, he’ll be more careful next time. Mission Accomplished! 🙂

7. Hmm says:

I hope someone kills this guy.

1. michellefrommadison says:

That would be a crime if someone killed him. Don’t worry so much, he’ll die eventually, everyone will. 🙂

1. The Architect says:

Not soon enough. Why is he not made to forfeit his life for his crimes? Do you really believe it was just a lapse in judgement, and he’s usually a top-notch citizen? I don’t. This is a classic example of an N-word. F him.

8. outraged says:

We should be out raged by the relaxed sentences offenders are receiving in Ramsey County. This is only one example, if the public had more info they would be on guard in Ramsey county. It is time for a change in Judges and stricter sentences….

9. twnctyhustleboi says:

I SOLD A 20$ BAG OF DOPE TO THE POLICE WHEN I WAS 18 MY FIRST TIME EVER GETTIN IN TROUBLE WITH THA LAW..AND I GOT 48MONTHS HAD TO SERVE 24MONTHS BEFORE I GOT WORK RELEASE…I WAS NEVER A BAD KID OR VIOLENT I STUCK UP FOR SMALLER KIDS BECAUSE IM 6 FOOT 5 210, I WAS SICK OF BEIN POOR I SHOULD OF KNOWN I COULDA WAITED FOR A OLD PERSON LEAVIN THE GROCERY STORE AND BEAT HER UP AND ROBBED HER THATS SEEMS MORE JUSTIFYABLE THEN SELLIN DOPE.