St. Paul Grocery Store Worker Stabbed By Customer

ST. PAUL, Minn. (WCCO) — A grocery worker was hospitalized after a customer stabbed him in the chest at a St. Paul store.

Russell Terry Johnson, 67, of St. Paul was arrested for aggravated assault, according to St. Paul Police.

The incident happened around noon Monday at the Rainbow Foods on University Avenue.

Police believe Johnson got upset while in the checkout lane. They said Johnson started yelling and swearing, so he was asked to leave by a store employee.

St. Paul Police said while the 48-year-old employee was walking Johnson toward the exit, Johnson stabbed the employee once in the chest with a pocket knife. A security officer at the store was able to tackle Johnson and hold him until officers arrived.

The employee was transported to Regions Hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.

Johnson was taken to the Ramsey County Law Enforcement Center and has not yet been charged.

Comments

1. The TRUE hero here.... says:

Now the security officer is a TRUE hero here! I hope he got in a few good shots to the guy!

Wonder if the security guy had a gun…….if he did and did not shoot him…..he deserves another huge HI-5!!!

GOD BLESS that guy!

1. michellefrommadison says:

Why didn’t the security officer just shot the stabber? I know I would have. 🙂

1. bang bang says:

I agree with you..hence the “Hi-5” I guess…..I guess the world MAY have been a better place if he WAS shot!

So..OK…Hi 2 1/2
        😉

2. Mr. Mark says:

crazy times

3. kbay says:

When did it become normal for people to think they’re the center of the world & that they can do anything they want??? he deserves multiple swift kicks to you know where…
    I mean honeslty, this poor guy was just doing his job & the crazy one just flipped a nut. I hope he recovers quickly & kudos to the security guard.

4. Kirs says:

I stopped going there because of the long lines. Takes forever.

5. WHAT????? says:

“A security officer at the store was able to tackle Johnson and hold him until officers arrived.”
    I would hope so, if you cannot tackle a 67 year old man then you probably should not be security. I wonder what the guy was so mad about.

1. michellefrommadison says:

I would have at least hit him with two bullets; ome in his chest and one in his head. 🙂

6. tuna-free dolphin says:

Oh yeah? Well I would have shot the stabber, his mother, father, brothers and sisters and his cousins. But that’s just me.

7. michellefrommadison says:

Well, Oh yeah? I also would have shot his dog too if I was there. 🙂

8. jeff says:

he must have been disappointed with the jimmy dean sausage links they were handing out.

9. michellefrommadison says:

The customer IS always right, right?

10. Taco says:

Sounds like bad customer service!

11. Terrance Opine says:

I am reading about old people doing crime. They don’t get hit with much, out over night to do more crime. This guy needs to be passed around.