Minneapolis Gang Members Call For Peace

By Reg Chapman, WCCO-TV

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — They are known for acts of violence, but on Tuesday, three leaders of the Tre Tre Crips in North Minneapolis are calling for peace.

The gang members hope others follow their lead and lay down their weapons.

“I’m trying to catch myself and I’m trying to catch my friends, while I catch myself, before it’s too late. We ain’t on no violence anymore. We presented Tre Tre true indeed but that is not what we standing for today,” said Charles Bickman.

A new beginning for three men who have dedicated most of their young lives to the “set” or gang they represent.

They’re Tre Tre Crips but today they are three men tired of being caught in a negative cycle.

“It got us felonies. Now people don’t want to hire us. It got us getting harassed by police because they still think we are on our negative activities. It got us away from our kids, from being in the penitentiary,” said Bickman.

And Terrence Neeley said that wasn’t the worst of it.

“It ain’t no feeling in the world worse than when you found out you lost a loved one to a wrongful death or murder,” he said.

Neeley knows first-hand about the pain of losing a loved one.

“I lost my little sister to this thing. It feels like I lost so much but I ain’t gaining nothing,” he said.

His sister, Aleisha Neeley, was gunned down last year while attending a party. Her death helped him focus on his life and how he could be a catalyst for positive change.

“I’m hoping people seeing me step up and open up and become open-minded to everything around me and open myself up back to the world and getting uninvolved with gangs, that somebody they gone be like, it’s time for me to do the same thing,” Neeley said.

Delamonte Pratt said he needed to get away from the vicious cycle.

“Aren’t you tired? What you want to do? You want to do the same thing and have the same result? You want to continue to get felonies? You want to continue to go to jail?,” he said.

Minneapolis police say they’ve been down this road before and they hope this time it works.

“Am I going to come out and say that absolutely this is going to happen? No, I’m not. If this is a first step and these young men really want to make changes in their lives and really want to make change for the north side and the city, I’m all for it,” said Sgt. Bill Palmer, of the Minneapolis Police.

The three men made their plea on KMOJ radio this morning.

As a result, members of the community have stepped up to see how they can help.

Police say they’ll be watching and will also help if they are serious about change.

More from Reg Chapman
Comments

1. Rob says:

find god………….satan has led you to carnage, killing, maiming, and robbing, stealing……….let the light in………..a realization is JUST THE BEGINNING…THE REAL WORK STARTS WITH NOT LETTING SATAN PULL YOU BACK IN HIS CLUTCHES…………AND DOING SATANS WORK……….DO THE LORDS WORK…………AND YOU CAN TURN AROUND YOUR LIFE…………SOME OF US HAVE HOPE FOR YOU GANG MEMBERS…….WHO YOU HANG WITH WILL BREAK THE CYCLE YOU ARE STUCK IN…………IF IT IS POSITIVE PEOPLE YOU BRING INTO YOUR CIRCLE, DO IT FOR THE MEMORY OF YOUR SISTER……….LIVE A LIFE IN HER HONOR……………WALK A TRUTH OF GOODNESS………..DENY SATAN YOUNG MEN!!!! BLESS YOU, AND MAY YOU WALK A TRUE PATH FROM NOW ON.

1. huh!? says:

WoW………..

2. Marie says:

You got the whole reason for sure; “he roams about to and fro, seeking those to devour” or something like that, what it means is that he is ever present and takes the opportunity you give him to collect another soul..it’s the ultimate battle ‘tween heaven and earth, so don’t give him the opportunity….

3. Bob Lemke says:

ROB = a fool

4. deep says:

This applies to the largest and most destructive gang on the planet, the USA cops and USA military industrial complex. God bless! Free the Tree of Life!

2. Maplewood says:

WE LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE PEOPLE ARE QUICK TO JUDGE YOU AND NOT LOOK AT THEIR PAST AND SEE THEY DID NOT LIVE THE PERFECT LIFE EITHER. GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE SOMETHING HE REALLY NEVER GOT AS A BLACK MAN. NOT SAYING WHAT HE DID WAS RIGHT BUT IF HE GETS NO CHANCE HE WILL KEEP LIVING THE SAME LIFE.

1. JamieinMN says:

DO NOT even bring race into this! There are gang bangers ALLLL over this stinkin place, of ALL races, INCLUDING Maplewood!

2. Jason says:

Oh be quiet.

1. Greg says:

Maplehood!!!

3. eastside_evil says:

Why do we have prisons then if everybody should just get a do-over?

What do YOU think should be done with murderers and terrorists?

3. JamieinMN says:

We will believe it when we SEE it. But who are we kidding….the damage has been done, a way long time before the Tre Tre Crips were around. It’s a cycle that will never stop.

4. dan says:

Can find a name for your little gang that isn’t like something a baby or an idiot would say

1. Adam says:

Nope. They have a limited vocabulary.

2. Connie says:

Tre tre comes from the fact these guys started out on 33rd ave north

1. no....it's says:

Or it’s their avg IQ

5. Adam says:

Yea BS. They ruin our neighborhoods and schools. I used to live in the suburbs but now I live in saint paul. I dont even go to the grocery store without my .40 cal. cuz of these animals. They will never change. They are garbage and will always be garbage. It annoys me the fact they always blame someone else for there problems, look at their neighborhoods; nobody did it but them!

1. TT says:

there is tre tre in Sta. Paul? Or you just scared of black people?

1. Adam says:

Im not scared of black people.. But most of the criminals and thugs around here are black. I dont use race, I use STATISTICS.

6. G-Shep says:

Yo I commend these brotha’s for wanting to make a change in their lives and want to make a difference in their communities. Instead of condemning them for what they did in their past and talking bout carrying around a 9mm with a conceal and carry permit isn’t gonna do any good its just gonna make things worst. We should reach out to these brotha’s and help them stop the cycle that they were in. We also need to share the Love of Jesus Christ to them as well. When Jesus was walking the earth he was reaching out to people that society cast out and threw under the bus. Let’s help be apart of the solution and help them better themselves and not contribute to the problem by continuing to look down on them.

1. sophia(MN-VI) says:

I’m so with you!

2. tuna-free dolphin says:

You can bet they don’t be changin. You don’t call a news conference to announce that going to start being good. First of all if you really were serious about changing you’d see how big a jerk you’d been and the last thing you’d do is find a camera to get in front of. You’d be too ashamed of your former self to even show your face. You’d be humbled and contrite and not looking for attention. That’s what this smells like. Pull up your drawers, get a job, show up on time every day and work hard. Take care of your kids and don’t make more of them if you can’t. Do that first, and we’ll see about respect after a few years. And no, we won’t give you a chance before you’ve earned it like the rest of us. Whaddaya think we’re chumps or something?

1. mintkid says:

Well put!!!!

2. TT says:

I know at least one of them wants to change.. Not sure about the other two..

1. eastside_evil says:

Because he said so in broken English? That was good enough for you, eh?

3. married to the truth says:

help them? We have not been? what are the police doing? What planet are you from? And carrying a legal pistol will help out! If you are in a position to rob and beat people up, you are also in a position to get shop in the face for doing something you should not have been doing in the first place. I agree with the other things you said but since you are standing on second base, you skipped first base and the first baseman has the ball and you are out my friend!

4. cj says:

If you want to stop the craziness, get with the young boys coming up and stay with them to keep them out of it – the ones who have nothing better to do but hang out and get caught up with it by default. Also, get with the mad dads, they might help too. Help each other with this, no sense in fighting each other, this world is hard enough and getting worse. God bless your way as you go…

7. sophia(MN-VI) says:

I believe that these men can truly change if they really want to. Who are we to say they can’t? Who are we to “judge them” period? The only one who can, will, & should “judge them” is the man above which is “GOD”. Alright they have don’t bad things in the past but thats just it the past. No one is perfect, is there was then jesus wouldn’t have die for our sins. These men say they want to change right??? Well give them a chance to change, if “WE” are such “good people” then lets help them, isn’t that what “good people” do?? & Not judge?

1. JamieinMN says:

We have that right as citizens to JUDGE criminals.

8. Agog says:

Who cares what palmer thinks.whats Chief Tim got to say about this

9. Minneapolis Mad Dads says:

god bless you young men lets began the second chance.

10. Ponddragon says:

Amazing how many bone headed comments you see out here, these folks are trying to turn it around and you are thumping them down!

1. JustSayin says:

We aren’t the only one who will be doing it, so hush. They will be “thumped down” for the rest of their lives.

1. Marie says:

no, the life is as you make it. follow your passion and get some schooling, the government will pay for it, I did it and have a decent job.

2. notbuyingit says:

respect and trust is something that you need to earn, it is not given to you nor are you entitled to it. What have these men done to make one believe that they want to change and are willing to change. Have they left their gang? Have they gone out and gotten a job that is legal? Have they started to help raise the children they have created, by that I mean do they take care of them emoitionally, take them to the park, play outside and actually keep an eye on them? Married the mom(or at least one of the moms) they had children with?Broken the cycle of welfare so that their kids will see how you are suppose to grow up and live in the world? Once they have done these things maybe then they should be calling a news conference and telling people in gangs that they can get out and better themselves, they can show what they have done to be productive members of society and then I will be willing to give them respect and trust that they feel they are entitled to. Actions speak louder than words.

3. WHAT????? says:

Ponddragon
      Before you start in on the skeptical people posting here maybe you should look at how many times this has been said by the same gangs and others in the past. They have made a “truce” before just to go back and shoot up a neighborhood in 2 weeks because “someone smudged my sneaks” and now the “truce” is gone. Even if not in MN this has been tried in CA, NY, NM, TX and I am sure almost every other state that has a large gang population. I agree that they can change, but I also agree with tuna-free dolphin as well and they now need to earn the respect they are asking for and not just expect it to be there. The rest of us did not get instant respect from our communities, this was what we worked for our entire lives. We also have times when we fail this and it takes time to get back. So no, I will not believe that they are going to change because they say they are going to. They need to EARN that and saying it is the first step, but not the finish line. Just as if someone wants to join a gang, they do not give them the trust and respect right off the bat, neither will society when they say they want to rejoin us.

11. Lee says:

Not even considering criminal history, there’s no way you could land a job with speaking skills like that. It comes off like a slight form of retardation. These people have the intelligence, temper and selfishness of a small child in the body of an intimidating adult.

12. Tornado says:

@tea is sick of this

Man I agree with you because I am someone like you and I am not scared of thugs! I hope they are serious!

13. deal-w-it says:

These people will not be willing to get a jobs and work 40 hoursa week therefore there existence is a waste of oxygen, anyone who doesnt work who is able is a p.o.s.

1. Marie says:

So many problems with this comment, I’ll just address a few. “not be willing to get a jobs and work 40 hours…” 1.what freakin, jobs?? When I was working factories in the 70’s and early 80’s there weren’t any gangs BECAUSE THERE WAS NO REASON TO BE IN A GANG IF YOU HAD A JOB and had money to live to support yourself and family!! You could walk in, fill out an application, and they would hire you right away-no “human resources” department to make you wait a month or two while they got around to your application. I just read that GM is putting about 2 billion into their factories to hire and re-hire laid off workers (rust belt states), and there are a few more jobs out there in this area so there is hope, but for the most part we are still in a funk and that hurts everybody. 2. “anyone who doesn’t work who is able is a p.o.s” Paaleeease!!! Let’s talk about no or expensive daycare, no or too expensive cars (or lack of insurance, tags, gas, flat tires, etc.. – you name it! The barriers are unbelievable. It takes a strong couple to be able to be each other’s crutch just to get employed, keep a roof, eat, take care of the kids. 3. “there (sic) existence is a waste of oxygen” – I’ll defer to god on that one, god doesn’t think so and chose “there existence”.

1. tom says:

blame obummer for not having a job

1. Ignorance must be bliss says:

CONGRATS tom, YOU HAVE THE HONOR OF MAKING THE MOST WORTHLESS POST OF THE MONTH!!! Thank you for also making sure my screen name is justified.

1. #tea says:

Well..with taking the time to respond to that post..your a CLOSE #2 for the most “worthless” post….making me #3!

1. Ignorance must be bliss says:

@ Tea
              Good try but calling someone out on stupidity is not the same as the stupidity itself. You just graduated to #2 grats on that.

2. eastside_evil says:

“Let’s talk about no or expensive daycare, no or too expensive cars (or lack of insurance, tags, gas, flat tires, etc.. – you name it! The barriers are unbelievable. It takes a strong couple to be able to be each other’s crutch just to get employed, keep a roof, eat, take care of the kids.”

You lazy slug.

My wife and I have 5 kids in 4 different schools and we each work full time and the kids are in sports, clubs and student council year round.

Do what you need to do in order to survive, and quit whining about how hard it is.

Good god, are you saying that to get a job, go to work, and teach your kids the ABCs is so darn tough that it’s a miracle anybody can pull it off???

2. James Darius says:

Well put!

14. Jason says:

Only time will tell. May God bless them on thier journey. I will however protect my family and myself at all costs. I do not trust gangbangers now or ever. I live N.side I see it all day. Dont knock the guy talking about conceal and carry, after all he is legally within the law. Thats something many of these guys can not say the same to.You can only judge people on thier past not thier future.

15. Jason says:

You sir, are correct.

1. Whats up says:

Seriously??? Just throw people away??? are you seriously part of this human world and can condemn people forever? What if this was your brother or nephew or son? Would it be o.k. for someone else to condemn you too?

1. James Darius says:

I guess you haven’t had to watch your friends or loved ones get beaten or robbed huh? Nothing good can come of these people. I say end them!

2. tea-sing says:

WHAT? “Just throw people away”?. Do you think ANY of these thugs ever thought “let’s not rob, shoot, assult this person…they are a good person….let’s just rob bad people”….NOPE….I’m SURE the elderly and the weak were these THUGS prime targets! EASIER to assult!

GET REAL…..

Let’s make a deal……this Saturday night….take a walk ALONE (Oh…and act drunk!!!) with your purse loosly hanging off your shoulder in North MPLS or downtown……maybe wear a low cut shirt and do yourself up real nice and TELL ME HOW you get treated!

If you survive…..then we can talk

3. eastside_evil says:

Yes. Just throw people away. People like this should be taken out of society without hesitation or remorse. They have a negative net worth.

16. Have faith and stay thirsty my friends says:

I’m happy for these guys. I hope they really put in the work. My mom was a prostitute in Chicago. That’s how I was made. My mom got out of the life and got a job and worked her butt off. People can change. My mother has and I have. My mom is a probation officer now and I have a great job. I am in school for a master’s degree right now too. Lay off these guys. Give them a branch to stand on and see what they do with it. If they want peace, they need to find peace within and we as a community can stand with them and show them a path to a better life or we can hold them down. I prefer to teach a man to fish than to teach him to throw m80’s in the water.

1. Mike says:

Congrats on the masters and i’m glad that your mother pulled it together. I never will give up hope for anyone. I do hope this time its true and they are for real.

1. stay thirsty says:

Thanks!

2. eastside_evil says:

They lost their “branch to stand on” when they joined a gang and started terrorizing the community.

They are enemies of the human race, and need to be treated as such. How many times has this dirtball fired a gun into a crowd of people or randomly at a house? How many times has he ordered it done?

3. WHAT????? says:

Have faith
      I say good for you and your mom. I would also like to say that prostitution is a little different than being a gang banger. If you look at it you do not see the same kind of crime in these two types of people. Prostitution could almost be called a “victimless” crime where as being a gang banger most times means drug dealing, robbery, assault, and in some cases murder. In all the info that I have ever read or heard about prostitution (and I am not saying by any means that I am an expert in this at all) it is not something that someone chooses to get into but something that happens along the way. Gang bangers are not the same and are idolized by the younger people in the community and then they make the choice to get into it for whatever reason. I have worked with many of these young men and they are not really recruited but more or less agree to start in the gang by doing small jobs like being a lookout until they are given larger rolls and want (key word there is want) to join because it is “cool” or they had an older brother in it, or whatever the reason is. So again, good for you and I am glad you are making something of yourself but not the best example to put down.

17. betterthannothing says:

God Bless these young men! I believe doing something is better than doing nothing.

18. James Darius says:

Shoot every last one of them, then it will be very peaceful.

19. Tea's follow up says:

LISTEN…..It was brought up prior…..these guys will DESERVE a 2nd chance AFTER they show the world they are serious! OK Tre Tra Crips this Saturday get a group of guys to show up at the MPLS Police station, and a group at the St Paul police station and START out by volunteering by cleaning up the streets, or serving food at a homeless shelter. Turn in your ILLEAGE guns! If you want to carry a gun…do what I did and KEEP your nose clean and do it legally!
    ONE RIGHT does not make up for the YEARS of wrongs you have done!

PEOPLE>>>>>>>>>DO NOT BE SNOWED BY THIS LAME ATTEMPT of “give us a second chance”>>>>>>>>>>

The second we have our guard down is the second they stab us in the back….and I MEAN stabbing us in the back!

The second you SHOW US you DESERVE respect, you may get a little…..

BUT FOR NOW…..your just the thug that stops me on the street saying “Hay man…help a brotha out….my baby mama and my son need to get back to Chicago…I need BUS MONEY” and the second I pull out my wallet you pull a knife on me and ROB ME!

Yes….after that….I will NOT trust you and I have 16 hallow points I’m willing to show you close up!

1. JamieinMN says:

I agree. Actiosn speak louder than words. Get out there and help REBUILD communities that you have destroyed.

1. JamieinMN says:

*Actions*

2. Gawolo says:

Last time they had a “turn in your gun event” one of the guns “turned in” ended up killing a young man. Guess the police should do thier part also huh? Not saying your wrong just saying you should understand that while you view is a view, its not the entire view. I wonder if you take the time to say hello when you talk past these young men. I wonder if you take the time to even think about how you can help these young men change thier views and attitudes. Maybe its not your job, maybe you dont have the time, maybe you are content with your “9mm” and your hatred of “these people”. Maybe thats what they are used to, people with opinions on how bad they are but no solutions they are willing to partner in screaming “FIX YOURSELF BY YOURSELF!!”

1. JamieinMN says:

I can usually spot gangsters or “gangster wannabes” when I’m out and aboot. I NEVER walk past someone without saying hello, except for these men and women. Why? I’m afraid I’ll become a victim for simply saying hello. These people are so full of anger. They’re worthless.

1. Adam says:

Your right, theyre so violent for no reason its ridiculous.

2. WHAT????? says:

Gawolo
        Again someone is calling the bully the victim!! Amazing when you think about it. I have been called many names in my life and been told that I would not amount to anything. I grew up in a household that was very poor and some days we went to bed hungry. Not one of these times I was called a name or teased about being poor did I ever have the idea that I should be a gang banger or start stealing and selling drugs. THESE PEOPLE CHOSE TO DO THIS!!!! I hate to say it but wow, the people that sympathize with these guys are just idiots. So you say sorry and want another chance huh? How about the 2nd chance for all the people the bangers kill? How about the 2nd chance for the people that have to live without a family member because they were walking down a street wearing the wrong color or with shoes someone else wants but does not want to buy? Give us a break and shut up. You can cry all you want and tell us that these people mean what they say but until they prove it you can sit and watch with the rest of us.

20. mayhem says:

JUST KEEP SHOOTING EACH OTHER

21. OH...Tea..... says:

Oh…and I do mean “hallow points”…..(I know it’s hollow points….just gettin my Gansta on)

22. gawolo says:

I wonder if yall talk like this about “these people” to God.

1. GOD Tea? says:

“THESE PEOPLE” are too far from God I hope! But…that’s not MY or YOUR place to judge….for now….they need to worry about how WE judge them….not God!

23. CCO must like coffee says:

NICE!!!!! THANKS WCCO for taking my comments off! I guess the TRUTH HURTS!

TOO BAD you don’t have the guts to post how MOST of us FEEL!

24. tr says:

….these fools only want attention and the sense of importance that they naively feel by being the “spokesman” of their “gang”. I’d bet every single one of them prances around with their pants hangin off their backsides thinking they are being cool or intimidating or offensive when in reality they are just showing the world how stupid and idiotic they are. If these thus far zeros really want to change it will take minimum 2 years of meaningful effort before they could be given any respect or reconsideration. My bet is not one of them turns the corner.

25. you know it says:

I bet one of these GANG THUGS are reading these comments on the laptop they stole out of my car!

26. DOH! says:

You know the joke….

What did the gang members son get for his birthday….

MY BICYCLE!

27. Mark from mntaxwaste.com says:

Put all these losers in prison, give them credit for peace? Lets give them credit for the killings!!!

28. BabiYoung says:

That is a Blessing!!!! I’m so happy. I pray ya’ll give your lives to Jesus. And i will keep yall in prayer. I pray more follow in your footsteps because. Glory be to God. That change is a blessing.

29. eastside_evil says:

Gee, how refreshing they learned their life lessons by killing and stealing, and now they’re ready to turn it all around. Too bad for the rest of us that were terrorized, robbed and buried loved ones as they went through their learning process. F them. As they sat in front of the camera for this interview, someone should have put a round between their eyes.

1. Eastside_GOOD! ;-) says:

BINGO! Leave the forgivness to Jeasus and God…..As much as we are taught to forgive…I will choose to forgive the person who cut me off on the road on my way to work today….and CONDEM these thug, gang, wates of life!

30. Tired Sister says:

Most of these comments are very sad and really point out the core of the problem HATE. I pray for each and everyone of you that has left a comment you think GOD didnt hear, but HE did and He knows your heart. My Name is Not THOSE PEOPLE. God made no garbage people, no throw aways, no people who are wasting AIR. You that have made these horrible comments are the biggest part of the problem. Many of you know that racism plays a big part in all of this yet you perpetuate it consistantly. SAD. May God Bless you and forgive you for you know not what you do

1. JamieinMN says:

Oh enough with that STUPID religious talk! These people are ruthless and they HAVE and WILL kill to get what they want! They need to start acting on their words before we open our arms to them. I am an extremely forgiving person, but not until you can SHOW me how remorseful you are.

2. notbuyingit says:

You talk about God not telling us to judge others but God also tells us not to kill others or have other gods beside him just to name a few. You talk about not judging but you are judging the people making post how they don’t think these guys will change, you are no better than them just because your opinion is that they will change. Maybe if these men spent more time talking to God or going to church rather than on the streets they wouldn’t have to announce to the state that they want to change, they would have done so already or may not have joined a gang in the first place. You are right that God doesn’t make garbage, people are successful at creating their own garbage without help from God. You are wrong when you say he doesn’t throw people away, ever heard of Hell? I believe that if you kill someone you will be thrown away by God and end up in hell. As I stated in my previous comment you have to earn respect to receive it and these men have not done so yet, so I will save my belief that they will change when they call a news conference to say they have gotten an education, job, and have not had any contact with their former gang members.

1. JamieinMN says:

Worrrrrrrd! You said it well.Tired Sister ain’t nothin but a dang hypocrite.

3. WHAT????? says:

Tired Sister
      Are you saying that because someone hears someone say” I hate you” that they are justified in being a gang banger? The sad little world you must live in. Go and pray for yourselves as even god in the book that you believe in (and remember not everyone else in the world does believe in the same book or god that you do) has the info that there will be wickedness in the world and it is our job to fight this in the name of god. So you see where you and all the other religious nuts that post here have a little bit of irony when standing on your soap box and telling us to turn the other cheek and not to judge when you are doing the same? One reason that people have a problem with organized religion is it either makes you feel more righteous than other (another way of saying better than) or it gives you blinders on what is being done (blame the bully for being a victim because he can change). If you want to pray for someone do it, go to church and pray, but do not give us all a lecture on YOUR god and YOUR beliefs in what his teachings should translate to.

31. Tired Sister says:

Give people JOBS and a chance to turn their lives around. No job calls out desperation. The ugliness displayed in these comments are the people you work next to, on the job that lasts a DAY, they are the thoughts of small minded people who are always YOUR SUPERVISOR, hating behind closed doors, sheets in the closet, racist jokes in the lunchroom, ignorance is not bliss, it is the reason for the backlash that fuels gangs and criminal behavior. You can be college educated, professional, no criminal background, and still the racism in Minnesota will be a barrier to employment, I know…if you keep turning your back Minnesota on these issues..it will only get worse, and for God’s sake keep your stupid, racist, elitist comments, made in the cowardice of anonymity to yourselves. There is a price you will pay for FREE SPEECH…it is NOT FREE when you poision the fountain we all drink from.

1. JamieinMN says:

Funny, people who have lost their jobs in the recent years due to the economy…I don’t think they’ve turned to gang activity…..I don’t think they’re that STUPID and HEARTLESS!
      It’s a way of life and it’s all they know.

32. John Sherman says:

Ya sure you bettcha

33. Mom dukes says:

It’s a shame that some of you feel that way!!! And sorry that you were robbed or mugged or your bikes stolen !! Question do you know that a tre tre crip or a gang member was involved ?? Cause it’s more than gang members out here robbing stealing and killing!! Don’t assume!! Some of these children was involved in gangs for reasons that you will never understand !! And now that they want to change their lives it’s a problem!! Why ? Why is it that a person can be incarcerated and serve their time but when it time to return to society their not accepted , they can’t find a job, not that they can’t find a job but can’t get hired because of something they did in their past when they were teenagers?? I think that’s a shame !! And to you people that live out in the suburbs and have no clue about these urban neighborhoods and how hard it is for a teen growing up in this environment don’t judge because they made the wrong choices in life commend them for trying to make a change !! From A Tre Tre Crip Mother!! Tre Gunz

1. JamieinMN says:

Wow, you seem a tish too proud…..

2. Tea Tea with gunz says:

Mom Dukes….OK…..maybe it was the “bloodz” or whatever non-English language you FREAKS speak!

Yes…I know what’s “about” to live in the inner city. Just like you know what it’s about to live in a suburb. Your comment about “Some of these children was involved in gangs for reasons that you will never understand !! ” holds NO water with ANY OF US HERE! I’m guessing the “reasons” were you are a failed parent!

The bottom line is you have FAILED as a Mother if your son is a “Crips” member and you are PROUD of it? So if ANYONE here can tell us the GOOD things they have done it’s YOU! So do us ALL a favor and RESPOND to this post with the GOOD things your Gang Bangin’ son has done……And where is his Father! OH…and my bet how many years in your life were supported by the government in the form of welfare!

This may seem like a stereotype…..but as a bettin’ man..I bet it’s TRUE!

And NICE NAME……Oh…I’m SURE you have nothing to do with violence with a name like “Tre Gunz”!

1. JamieinMN says:

I’ll be amazed if there is one good thing her son has done, FOR SOCIETY….

1. Tea bet's the following says:

@JamieinMN…..I am thinking in general!

My bet…he’s 25 and Moma here is 37 or 38 topps! Son dropped out of jr high school when he kept getting in trouble for failing tests and fighting the other kids taking their milk money.

“Tre Gunz” MAY have been a good football player…..but when his school work suffered….he did the LAZY thing and QUIT!

So…i would say that’s the parrents fault for being terrible parrents….and “Tre Gunz” fault for being a lazy THUG!

1. JamieinMN says:

Dam straight. Get money yo.😉

1. teabonics says:

Sheeet foo’…slap my fro and mo-de town the poopie face….know what I mean foo’?

3. eastside_evil says:

Your tre tre crip son who is a deadbeat drain on society should be killed also. Gang members all need to die. They are the scourge of society, and so are you.

4. WHAT????? says:

Mom dukes
      Don’t assume that the people in the story were NOT involved either. The double standard shows itself yet again. You do understand that the gang members are the face of crime, hence why they are not normal criminals but organized criminals. When you cross the line from stealing a loaf of bread to feed your family to shooting someone for the shoes that they have I believe you lose the option to just say sorry and forgive and forget. The price of your actions can ripple through your entire life just as throwing a pebble into a pond ripple across the entire pond. Take some personal accountability for your actions as the rest of us have done and you would not be forced into the situations that are being discussed here. This is not racism as I would say the same about a gang banger that was striped. Those who have to pull the race card now days are just relying on this because they do not have any other defense for the most part. So try to actually make a point that does not have to do with what YOU think. There are statistics for a reason and the stat that I look at most when gangs are involved is that most of them are going to die in prison or in a gang related incident as they very seldom leave the activities that they are involved with. Why do you think they make sayings like “get rich or die trying”?

5. Adam says:

Yea name one thing that you and your kids have contributed to society…. Thought so.. Ur all worthless, I cant believe my taxes are going to you people. Im 23, I go to school and work and have a family (on PURPOSE I might add). Its amazing that you people think you have the right to be respected… for NOTHING youve done to help society I might add… Just go and tell the rest of your “peeps” to move back south or something, than we’ll think about believing you

34. DID YOU TEA the NEWS? says:

HAHA!!!!! Did you people see there was a shooting in North Minneapolis? $10 it was a “Tre Tre” or a “Bloodz” or some thug gang banger.

LOSERS!!!! YOU ARE ALL LOSERS! LIERS! LAZY! I have an idea….move to “Hot-Lanta” with all of the other gangs and leave MN! It’s too cold here for you lazy thugs anyways!

I just PRAY you never come to my neighborhood “cuz it’s gonna be shootin’ first…then axin’ questions later”….that “thug enough” for you uneducated missing links to understand?

35. Agog says:

It’s the police’s fault.

36. 4give&UwillB-4given says:

God, I pray for those who say such vile things, I pray that you bring their hearts to be open to your way. I lift up the young men who bravely spoke up to their community, I lift them up to you so that you may know their hearts and make their paths straight. We need you Lord in our hearts, homes, communities, systems and institutions so that our paths will be straight. Our communities are hurting from the history that is following our paths but through renewal and support we can be free. Thank you Jesus!
    Matthew 18: 21-22
    Then Peter came and said to Him, “Lord, (T)how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to (U)seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to (V)seventy times seven.

1. Tea 3:16 says:

John 11:35 – Jesus Wept

I’m sure he was over the waste of life these gang members are too!

1. 4give&UwillB-4given says:

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

37. Good for you! says:

While it may remain to be proven, I hope they are committed to no longer participating in violence and I wish them success and happiness in doing so.

Hey, maybe they could start a branch of the Guardian Angels and begin working in their own community – who could be more effective than former gang members? I’ll bet they’d get a lot of respect and help from property owners and it would help to keep their own family and friends safer.

38. deep says:

How about work to END THE DRUG WAR!? 70+% black prison population? The largest prison population in the world. YES! The USA has more people imprisoned than any other country! Watch the film “American Drug War: The Last White Hope”

39. I hate the Twin Cities says:

There is a reason Outstate Minnesotans refer to Minneapolis as Murderapolis. The murder rate may be low this year, but the stabbings and shooting ARE almost everyday. Sorry, I’d rather live in the middle of my wheat field out here than in the city.

1. notbuyingit says:

agree with you, whenever we go up to the cities I always tell my husband there is no way I would ever live up there. Yes you have more to do socially and more to see than I do in my town of 13,000 but I can go out running at 5 am or 9pm and still feel safe that nothing bad is going to happen to me. I can feel comfortable letting my 10 yr old daughter walk 2 blocks to her friends house or to go for a bike ride with a friend. My family can sit in our backyard as late as we want and not have to worry about gunshots or some stranger running into our house. If I forget to lock the door at night there is a pretty good chance that when we wake up in the morning everyone in our family will still be safe just as if the door had been locked. I am not saying nothing bad happens in small towns but we don’t have to constantly have to worry that something bad is going to happen.