Assoc. Minister Arrested After H.S. Staffer Shot To Death

By Susie Jones, NewsRadio 830 WCCO and Reg Chapman, WCCO-TV

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — An associate minister is behind bars, accused of shooting a North High School staff member.

Kristopher Miller was found shot to death in the 1100 block of Irving Avenue North around 1 a.m. Wednesday.

Hours later police questioned and arrested Derrick Trevor Griffin.

“Kris is probably the closest person to me,” said Brandon Commodore.

Commodore said he and Miller have been best friends since they were 10 years old.

“We actually used to do, this is exactly what we would do every day in the summertime. We would sit right here, talk mess with people driving past,” Commodore said.

He said Miller had a big heart and was always willing to help others.

A proud North High graduate, Miller returned to his alma mater to work as an associate educator.

Principal Peter Christensen said Miller was committed to the success of each and every student he came into contact with.

“Every morning, he and I would stand at the front door greeting students and for Kris, it was fist pumps and handshakes and hugs from the kids every morning,” Christensen said.

Family and friends say Miller was a peaceful guy, who loved his two daughters and cherished his friends.

“He meant a lot to everybody. Like, he was the kind of person you could depend on no matter what you needed,” said Commodore.

His best friend believes it was his dependability, his helping someone out in their time of need that led to his death.

“He was just being a good dude at the time. It was misread and misinterpreted and here we are,” Commodore said.

Christiansen said it is difficult to measure just how big of a loss this is to the school, and community.

“A lot of the teachers had him in class. Me being here just a short time, and knowing how I feel, you magnify that by 10 for the kids, or 20 for some of the staff, and I can’t begin to put a measurement on how big a loss this is going to be for our school,” Christiansen said.

Christiansen said North has seen its share of pain, and will get through this tragedy. The Minneapolis Crisis team was brought in to help those struggling to cope with the news.

Griffin, a minister at a north side church, is now in the Hennepin County Jail.

Police are still trying to figure out what led to the shooting.

If you have any information that could help, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-692-TIPS or 800-692-8477.

WCCO’s Susie Jones Interviews Principal Peter Christiansen

Comments

1. JamieinMN says:

It’s quite sad that the residents have become accustomed to this…to a murder just about every single day When will they stand up and take back their neighborhoods?

1. Realist says:

“a murder just about every single day” That’s an ignorant statement. Check your math.

1. debbie says:

It happens sooo often it feels like everyday!

2. THE Real Realist says:

Ahhh, looks as if someone is taking my moniker…fake Realist!

Jamie is right on with the statement…why check the math? it is true. Murderapolis is just that. I am sure that mom and dad are just shocked that little Derrick could do such a thing, he was always a sweet boy…blah-blah-blah…

Give me a break…loser parents, a loser kid…time to take them off the grid!

If you have children, be a parent and this will not happen. Stop blaming others and accept your role.

1. guesswho says:

Some kids need more than parents. Haven’t you heard of parents who actually WHERE parents but nothing they tried worked? Sometimes these kids are just born badseeds and have crap personality’s. Some of them have mental illnesses and are born sociopaths and psychopaths and need help. I’m so sick of the Parents always being to blame. It takes a village to raise a child.

2. MISS LO says:

THE Real Realist, what a comment to make do you know the Griffins, his parents are good people, let us not blame the family for his wrongdoing !!! Surely, his dad would admit that he was not always a sweet little boy, what have you done in your lifetime, that is disappointing to someone or even yourself when you think about it.

3. manny says:

it IS just about every single day. Read the news.

1. Realist says:

Minneapolis has no where near 130 murders to date. So it IS not about every single day. Read a math book.

1. manny says:

shut up, troll.

1. NotAFanOfMinnesotaFanPeriod says:

The murder rate in Minneapolis is getting ridiculous, and way out of control, but I must agree that it is not every single day, I think that was just an exaggeration.

1. Josh says:

According to Minneapolis Police crime statistics, homicides are down 41 percent thus far in 2011.

2. alex says:

Well I live in N.Mpls and I’ll tell you this someone is trying to kill someone everyday that’s for sure!! Don’t need a math book to know that..

1. Realist says:

Trying and actually succeeding or two different things. Read a book on logic.

1. alex says:

Realist your a moron! The point being people are shooting up the northside. I’m glad that new law might just change a few things in my neighborhood

1. Realist says:

My moron? Oh, you mean you’re a moron. It’s all so much clearer now.

4. JamieinMN says:

Why don’t YOU check the math, Realist. You’re in for a surprise if you think my statement is THAT ignorant.

5. JamieinMN says:

Ok, I exaggerated a bit, but the violence has not stopped, not even slowed down. There have been brutal beatings, robberies, etc. Regardless, NOBODY should become accustomed to this kind of behavior.

“I exaggerated a bit”

Gee, ya think? and I’m the bad guy because I called you out for making a statement that was not factual.

1. JamieinMN says:

I never called you the “bad guy” but you are hijacking someone else’s name……..

1. Realist says:

LOL! I’m hijacking someone else’s name? That’s your defense? Are you 12 years old? You’re right… that alone make my point invalid. HA!

1. JamieinMN says:

I already made my defense….Up there^^^^^^^^^

2. mother to many says:

I’m sorry but we have not had 131 murders in Minneapolis. Where do you get “a murder just about every single day”? You obviously do not know much about North Minneapolis and how strong our block clubs are! Who is “they” anyway?

1. Donna Larson says:

This should not be a site for arguments between each other. When reading these comments, it sounds as if I am listening to children argue over nothing. There is a life lost (yes due to violence). What about his family and the students at North High?

1. RoxAnn Stumbo says:

Thank you Donna Larson, I’m no regular on this site but you people indeed are arguing about nothing! How quickly most of you lost site of the life lost, and the lives that will be affected. I’m guessing none of you bickering over who wins your pointless argument have ever been affected by a REAL TRAGEDY in your lives. I have, and to see people waste their time on such a trivial topic once again, is maddening to say the least. Stick to the subject, do something to create change or help another person and if you can’t seem to do any of those~stay off the news feeds!

1. Deb says:

Your comments are on point. The loss of life is a real tragedy and we are in this together. This is no time for petty bickering.

2. JamieinMN says:

Minneapolis as a WHOLE. THEY are MINNEAPOLIS resident…dum dum.

3. urbright says:

I think 4 murders so far this year. wow its Jan.4

2. dewayne says:

yeah it is a shame them poor crildern growing up around all that violence. what do yo think it is doing to them SHAME!!!!

3. JamieinMN says:

This was probably one of the Tre Tre Crips members.

1. Tommy B says:

Just another Bidness man keep it real….

1. A MOTHER says:

HOW REAL IS IT WHAT WAS THE BIDNESS SURE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW AND HOW YOU KNOW?

what is “bidness”?

1. MOTHER says:

I DONT KNOW WANT TOMMY B TO TELL ME. TOMMY B CALLING TOMMY B WHERE YOU AT?

1. JamieinMN says:

Dammit WOMAN, turn your caps lock OFF!!

2. Realist says:

STOP YELLING!

2. thoththebuilder says:

How would you know?

1. JamieinMN says:

I said PROBABLY. Do you know what probably means? Let me make it easier for you, “prolly”

4. NRA Guy says:

This isway more than a “liberal issue” you idiot. It’s far more than such a silly and idiotic statement like this.
    If you want to say it’s a lack of respect. a load of hate even or a city of drugs and gang bangers – fine and I am all in.
    I voted for 95% of the conserve’s on the ticket so don’t play that name dropping bs back at me either, 😉

5. AC Diva says:

I knew the victim in this case. He was a co-worker and a friend. He was NOT a member of a gang. He was a good man and a terrific role model. He was one of the few descent souls left in N. Minneapolis. He wanted to turn his community around; to turn it into a place its residents were proud to call home. He was killed trying to help a friend. He was killed standing up for someone else’s basic human rights. How many of you, who are so quick to judge, can say they would do the same?

1. Angel says:

thank you for posting this message… yes, there is a lot of problems with the North MPLS area, but just berating and throwing accusations will not solve this problem… HELPING one another to address these issues in a constructive manner is what we need to solve this…
      I am sorry for the loss of your friend and co-worker…

2. eastside_evil says:

“He was killed standing up for someone else’s basic human rights.”

How so?

3. Tea Tea crips? says:

Who said the victim was a Tre Tre? I’m betting the SHOOTER was the Tre Tre thug….and 24 hours a go it was “give peace a chance people”…..

Yup….it didn’t last 12 hours!

Maybe this will be a clue to you all that gang menbers will NEVER change their stripes! “2nd chance” my A**!!!! That’s what you bleeding hearts get for standing up for a gang member!

1. debbie says:

Agreed!!! I can bet he was trying to turn his life around, just got engaged and about to have a baby and was just in the wrong place at the wrong time too!!It is soooo sickning listening to people defend these idiots who choose this lifestyle!!!

2. JamieinMN says:

That’s what I’m sayin, the perp was probably a Tre Tre. This is indeed very sad.

1. mother to many says:

Hey Jamie, what do you know about tre tre? Educate me! I’m curious!

4. theleolady says:

I am sorry for your loss…I do thank you as well for setting the record straight for some of these ppl leaving comments to things they know nothing about.

5. theleolady says:

6. Donna Larson says:

I can and do appreciate your comment. Hopefully your comment puts the “human” friend into focus. People get too busy arguing over stupid stuff on these comments. Sorry about your loss. I am praying his family will see justice in this and that they will be able to heal over time. Take care.

7. eastside_evil says:

“He was one of the few descent souls left in N. Minneapolis.”

From what I’m reading. He was the VERY last.

Time to fly in the A10’s…

6. moreair4me says:

I work in corrections and commonly hear inmates talking about murders from the news. The sad part is they laugh about it, and are proud if its in there hood. there guys watch the news like average people watch Sports Center, just to keep up with the scores on the streets. I’m afraid the problem is much deeper then any political views.

7. George says:

Welfare Lifestyle has to stop. Yes, there should be a temporary assistance, but cut it off at some point. Who is out partying on a Wednesday night at 12:30am when they have a job to get to in the morning.

1. FayRay119 says:

Welfare life style, “What” was the life styles of the young men who shot and killed many studens in Colorado”? Have you ever thought these are mental health issues? Come on some of you people that are so quick to label these crimes as people on wellfare. Read the news all over the world and you will see crimes like these can and will occur in any socio-economic status. Get real!

1. George says:

FayRay,

So you are comparing a college shooting spree to a nightly gang fight in North Mpls. The same 10 square blocks that see at least 1 murder a week.
        You are the one that needs to wake up and get real! Booze, drugs and welfare do not equal mental health issues!
        Why is it that we never hear the gender or description of N Mpls crimes but when there is a school shooting it is publicized immediately?

1. FayRay119 says:

What’s the difference? Violence is violence there ever you are at Geogre.

1. George says:

My point is that continued violence in the same 10 block area of N Mpls due to a Welfare Lifestyle, pure and simple.
            Where would you feel more comfortable walking at midnight? A Colorado college campus or N Mpls? Why, because you know the odds of getting whacked in N Mpls are about 100 times greater.

1. FayRay119 says:

I am from North Minneapolis, and I work in North Minneapolis. What is your point? In fact, I love North Minneapolis.

1. George says:

That is great. Love and support your community.

1. A MOTHER says:

IF WE DONT WHO WILL?

2. George has all the answers says:

George, George, George, it’s to bad we are not all as gifted as you…

1. T. Mart says:

You are no better than some of these murders out here… you have no idea of the situation or the people involved, and yet you still feel as if you ‘have all the answers”…. everything that you have wrote up to this point regarding this topic has been 100% stereotypical… and my guess is that you have not been to the northside (other than driving through quickly), and how can you get a logical hypothesis about how things work or happen in this area? From what you and your suburban friends sit up and talk about??? You are no better than the people that are affected by this tragedy, and all I can see is that you look down on people who are having to deal with this… If you grew up and lived on the Northside, you would have a much better understanding of things, and not these stereotypically preconceived notions that you have…. and to show you right…. I knew Kris, and a gang member is someone he’s not… he put all his efforts to try to enlighten kids and prevent them from falling into the gangster life…. but it sure is reassuring to me that we still have narrow-minded people living amoungst us stilll…… Pick your game up George….

2. eastside_evil says:

What’s the difference between Columbine and North Minneapolis gang murders?

I think we’ve identified the problem. It’s your comprehension level.

2. theleolady says:

George please tell me where you read that this was GANG related…I’ve seen it on all the web sites and NO where do they say it was GANG related? They don’t have much to go on right now so how are you getting your info, maybe you know somethings they don’t and should talk to them…I’m just saying.

1. george says:

Leolady,

Just wait, it will be out soon that some black gang banger pulled the trigger.

1. Suga923 says:

And when it comes out that it wasn’t gang related, We expect and apology to his family.

1. George says:

From the post on this article I can see the victim was not related to a gang. My point is that the shooter odds of being a black gang member are pretty high.

1. theleolady says:

Wow so now there’s no White gang members or Asian or Somali…you are funny George…you are really trying to make this all about Race…you just forget all about the Victim and his love one’s. Don’t forget the Victims family does read these post as well………………

2. RonaGriffin says:

WOW DO ANY OF YOU KNOW DERRICK GRIFFIN OR THE FAMILY…THOSE WHO JUDGE WILL BE JUDGED….AND A ROLE AS A PARENT, DERRICK GRIFFIN IS 39 YEARS OLD…ACTUALLY HE IS NOT A GANG MEMBER DO YOUR HOMEWORK

3. eastside_evil says:

The only people who will ever know Derrick Griffin from now on are Prison Staff and Inmates.

See ya. Wouldn’t wanna be ya.

2. Big Black Africa says:

just wait it will be out soon that all of the white women in your family will be pregnant by black gang members!

2. George says:

LeoLady,
            White gang members in N Mpls? I think you have run out of discussion ideas. I have to head back to work.

1. theleolady says:

I think Not…are you from there, do you go over there, do you even know ppl that live there???? Probably NOT so how can you talk too much about something you know so little on, only things you read!? FYI there are Whites, Blacks, Asians, Somali and other kinds that LIVE there and HANG out over there so talk about the things You can Prove and Know about!!!

1. debbie says:

why don’t you give us a name of a white gang in mpls/saint paul????

1. mpls sux says:

Yeah exactly Debbie!

I am from North Mpls…… You have asians, and blacks, and a lot of gay white people too.

Name a white gang please……

George is spot on.

2. T. Mart says:

I know white Gang members in N. Mpls…. Shows how much your not in-tune with reality…. #stereotypical

1. eastside_evil says:

I worked in North and South Minneapolis for 4 years doing tree trimming for NSP years back. I’ve been up and down virtually every alley of every street.

If you think there are white gang members causing the shootings and the black gangs aren’t really the problem, then I’d say YOU are also part of the problem, for refusing to at least call it what it is.

3. mother to many says:

Where do you get your numbers from george? this is the 8th murder of the year in all of Minneapolis, We are in week 19! Get your facts straight and stop trying to perpetrate fear,

2. AC Diva says:

He wasn’t at a party, and I was also awake at 12:30 last night even though I had to be at work in the morning, but I suppose that fact that I’m a white female makes it okay for me, right?

1. George says:

Being awake, vs being dressed and out on the streets at 12:30am does make a difference. If he was on his way home from work or school and ran into the local corner thugs I fell sorry for him.

1. theleolady says:

That’s the point, you don’t know what he was doing so why try and guess just to put ppl down who are on welfare, there are some ppl that are on it that really need it. This is about a shooting not who are on Welfare!!! Regardless a life is gone just because ppl can pull a gun out to shoot & kill…May he rest in peace!

2. DC Diva says:

Yu may be white but I bet bottom dollar you talk smack like all the other mothers from another borther in that armpit called North Minneapolis.

We whiteys didn’t invent stereotpyes…just man enough to call a spade a spade!

Always and axcuse, always blame on others or something else…get up, get real and get a brain.

3. theleolady says:

Wow…what makes you think this man or who ever lives in MPLS is on Welfare, what does welfare have to do with this case period??? There are plenty of ppl that live in MPLS and work hard just like anyone else, how do we know your not on Welfare, should we assume so just because?

What ever that person was doing, at what ever time it was, is his business. If he was at a party or coming from work or the store that doesn’t mean he should of been shot to dealth. You really should think before you write things.

In the end we will all be judged by the one who really matters, ppl just better pray and hope you are right with God…BTW

1. theleolady says:

BTW it’s a sin to judge

1. Realist says:

BTW… not everyone follows God. Where was your God when this man was murdered?

1. theleolady says:

!Realist…you’re right Everyone doesn’t follow God and I only PRAY FOR THOSE WHO DON’T!!! But who ever doesn’t have to deal with that when there time comes!

My God as you put it was right there waiting for him to come home…we may not like that fact that the man is gone but God saw fit that it was his time…I’m sure he is in a better place then here even tho we would like him to be here. Blast Amy is that worse sin ever…I would be afraid! And you are right; he is MY GOD AND I STAND BY HIM JUST LIKE HE STANDS BY ME AND WILL ALWAYS

1. Sinner says:

“Blast Amy is that worse sin ever…I would be afraid!”

I’ll assume you mean Blasphemy. Careful, statements like that sure come off as judgmental, and as you told us, that is a sin. And wouldn’t pointing out peoples sins also be a form of judging them? You’re flirting with hypocrisy, so you just leave your religion out of arguments.

1. theleolady says:

1ST OFF IT WAS A TYPO, 2 I WILL PUT RELIGION IN THIS ALL I LIKE, IT’S FUNNY HOW PPL ACT WHEN YOU DO PUT RELIGION IN THINGS, BUT THEY DON’T ACT THAT WAY WHEN COMES DOWN TO PPL PLAYING THE RACE CARD! MAKES ME SAY HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

MORE PPL NEED RELIGION, BUT I CAN’T SPEAK FOR EVERYONE, ONLY MYSELF AND I SURE AM GLAD I GOT KIND JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Realist says:

TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS EQUAL TO YELLING. Why are you yelling? Do you feel that by yelling you are somehow making your point more valid? You’re a hypocrite, plain and simple. Shame, guilt, and sin have institutionalized by religion as virtues. I’m sorry if this offends you, but I firmly believe that organized religion is cult with a large following. I want nothing to do with your God if your conduct and comments are deemed acceptable by your chosen religion.

2. theleolady says:

Realist…………….in no way shape or form was I yelling…unlike what some seem to think lots of us work and I am one of those ppl. I have to work with ALL CAPS so that’s why some of what I say is cap. Secondly offended I think not, what ever you or anyone else says doesn’t make me or break me. You keep saying my God, you right he is my God and others that trust in him. I don’t believe I tried to put my God as you put it off on you??? So just as you comment on what you want, so will I. Let me as you this, are you offended of what I say, if so to each his own…

I won’t keep going back and fourth with you!!!!

I PRAY for this family in there time of grief…………………..May God have Mercy on US All…

3. manny says:

@theleolady
                  your god hates you and jesus called, he says you’re a b!tch😀

2. eastside_evil says:

“but God saw fit that it was his time”

Well hey, how lucky that guy was walking by with a handgun right as your god decided that, eh?

Kinda a bummer for the guy’s family and friends and coworkers and the students and all of the rest, but hey your god had a plan that called for him to be shot to death in the street like a dog, so they should just shut up and get over it.

Oh, and also, the murderer should get a second chance. He probably had an absent father, so killing sprees are to be expected. Afterall, it’s all part of god’s plan. LMFAO!

Do you listen to yourself when you type that garbage?

2. Realist says:

Shame on you imposter…

The REAL Realist is speaking…

In addition, religion is not anything more than how one can live there life and not a REAL entitiy.

The Bible outlines how many have lived a life through belief. Plain and simple, if there was an almighty God in the clouds, he/she must have one helluvah sense of humor cause if this is what he /she has in store…it is a crock!

So with those sets of beliefs, the punk afroblack shooter runs with the Devil and his scorcery!

Keep smokin that crack bich!

1. Realist says:

Until you register the name it’s open for use… Get over it.

3. loving God even more says:

God is good and u better get wit him b4 ur day is up help our kids stop all this stupid talk and sum help to us all and they was not kids their were grown men so the parents have nuttin to wit this 1 Realist God was rite there and its your choice to follow him or follow the devil he gave his only son so u can walk this earth or u would of been dead along time ago dont play when it comes to God cuz the 1st name u scream out is God when something is not going n ur favor I Love our father God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. George says:

I didnt say everyone in Mpls. I said the 10 block N Mpls area is a Welfare strickened area that spawns gangs and violence. Yes, there are hard working people in this area, but they are not the ones out shooting people at all hours of the night.
        What about the girl who was shot in her home while sitting on the couch last year. Sad case, but again drug related drive by shooting. do you think the shooter had a job? Dont think so!
        Everyone should have the right to wander the streets at night, but at some point you need to wake up and if it isnt safe stay inside.
        This area needs desperate econnomic help and raise everyones expectations of what law abiding citizen should be.

1. theleolady says:

Do you have proof to what you say, I don’t think so? FYI even Gang members work!!! STOP BLAMMING PPL ON WELFARE FOR THESE CRIMES…WELFARE doesn’t have anything to do with this…..It’s the demands inside ppl that cause these deaths, not because they are on Welfare…

BTW a lot of these ppl that are on Welfare CAN’T GET A JOB do to the this country is going through…………what happens if you become one of those who you keep talking about being on (Welfare) you need to think about the things you say, you just might in them shoes one day….

1. eastside_evil says:

“FYI even Gang members work!!!”

Uhhh… No. They do not. They’re mostly convicted felons and future inmates.

2. Claire says:

I would venture to guess that Hennepin county has the highest welfare and crime percentage than any other metro County. I would also venture to guess thru-out MN the county with the lowest Welfare rate also has the lowest crime rate.
            Actually I just looked it up. June 7, 1995 the CATO institiute completed a research project on the correlation between Welfare Stand and Crime. They found that by simpy increasing Welfare payments by 50% in an area constitutes a 117% rise in the crime rate among young black makes.
            George may not have all the answers, but he seems to know what he is talking about when blaming crime on welfare.

2. A MOTHER says:

GEORGE WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO DO TO HELP STOP THIS MESS CAN YOU GIVE THOSE PEOPLE A JOB, OR MAYBE YOU SHOULD RIDE AROUND AND TELL GANGS WE DONT WANT YOU HERE GET OFF OUR STREETS.PUT UP OR SHUT UP. A GOOD MAN LOSS HIS LIFE, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO GEORGE?

1. debbie says:

So these men who make really stupid choices when choosing a lifestyle are really just shooting people cause they can’t get a job??????maybe they should pull they’re pants up and take those ugly gold things out of they’re mouths🙂

1. theleolady says:

I hope you know all walks of life sag and wear gold teeth!!!!

1. debbie says:

Born and raised in frogtown, 32 years now . i certainly do know all walks of life. and actually i wasn’t talking about gold teeth it would be called a grill!! Thanks

1. theleolady says:

Same thing…thank you! ALL I CAN DO FOR YOU IS PRAY! AFTER LAUGHING…AND THIS GOES FOR THE OTHER COMMENT YOU MADE A FEW MINS AGO! YOU TALK ABOUT PULLING THE RACE CARD BUT YOU DID IT YOUR SELF…

2. debra says:

In what way did i play the race card???? please do explain????/

2. eastside_evil says:

If you wear sagging jeans around your thighs, you will NEVER amount to anything worthwhile.

I saw a black man walking his kid, who couldn’t have been more than 7, down the sidewalk on Maryland Ave in St. Paul a few mornings ago, and they were BOTH sagging and had to have one hand hold their pants up and the other to carry their bag.

Who teaches the thug life to their kid INTENTIONALLY as a path to follow??

Y’all gots culture problems iffin ya AKSIN me! lol

2. A mother may Arse.... says:

First is to keep your legs closed and stop reproducing….after that, close down welfare after one year on it.

Imprinted electronic chip every welfare recipent…then when they go back and forth from Gary, Ind. and here, we can stop the double dipping of the system.

1. Tou says:

I second you on this proposal. My wife works for public housing and a good majority of these people leach off city’s resources until they get caught and kicked off the program, and then move onto the next city.

1. Big Black Africa says:

Sorry dude but “those people” are probably increasing the size of both of your wife’s holes! and in her mouth… she publicly houses many black babies!

3. Claire says:

George doesnt need to do anything. He simply started off the conversation by stating the obvious. Welfare creates higher crime levels. No one wants to admit this fact and would rather ignore the elephant standing in the middle of the room.
            If you live in N Mpls take your home, your streets, your kids and lives back. To let some gang banger or corner drug dealer run the hood is no way to live. Take a stand.

4. les says:

GEORGE

The biggest welfare queens living the welfare life taken your hard earn money CORPORATE AMERICA!!!!

1. A MOTHER says:

THANK YOU ! AMAN

2. Debbie says:

another slacker blaming corporate america for not giving up more of the money they earned to support others.

1. A MOTHER says:

I BET YOU WHITE

1. manny says:

i bet you didn’t finish high school.

1. MOTHER says:

YES I DID FOOL

1. Tea-Bonics says:

Well High School in MPLS is like finishing GRADE SCHOOL in the Sub’s! SO “Mother” (Or should it be “mutha”) your sentance of “I BET YOU WHITE” proves you have the IQ of a 10 year old white kid from burbs!

1. JamieinMN says:

LMAO she is soooooooooooooooooo not white!

2. debbie says:

YOU SHOOOOOO IS RIGHT I AM WHITE! BUT AH WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH IT???? CAN YOU READ BETTER OR SOMETHING WITH CAPS ON?????

5. work! says:

@George I agree with you! I go to work seven days a week and I take care of myself. Alot of people that receive welfare use it illegally in some type of way. Unfortunately there are even mothers receiving welfare that try to find something wrong with their children so they can also receive Social Security. I wish I could go out partying! I am still in my twenties but I have responsibilities.

1. theleolady says:

Yeah there are lots of ppl on Welfare who take advantage of it, and ppl do try and find things wrong with their kids just to get aid…this is happening all over, not just MPLS…so if you speak on those issues speak about them all over!!! BUT WHAT DOES THIS HAS TO DO WITH THAT MAN BEING FOUND DEAD???? I’m just asking…

lets stop speaking on the negative and lets try and found solutions, lets see if we ALL can come together and get our streets back so OUR KIDS , our future can walk on them SAFE regardless if they are kids of welfare parents or working parents PERIOD!!!! LET’S TALK ABOUT THAT, OR IS IT YOU DON’T LIVE THERE SO YOU DON’T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH KEEPING THE PEACE, YOU JUST WANT TO JUDGE AND MAKE YOUR COMMENTS?

2. Tou says:

@work! I also agree with you. I heard these kids reportedly have ADD and then are qualify for some form of early retirement from Social Security. Incredible!

8. Northside homeowner says:

Wow. I own a home in North Minneapolis. I have wonderful neighbors who, like me, work hard to eek out a living. Most of my neighbors are blue collar workers, I’m an RN and so are a few of my neighbors. For most of us, the only place we could afford to own a home was in this neighborhood, because we’ll never make big money or get huge bonuses. So suddenly if I have friends over, and they stay late, suddenly we’re people who are victimizing ourselves? Now it’s assumed I “know people who’ve been shot to death at parties” and “found my friends dying in the street,” and apparently, if this happens to me, it’s my own fault? “This is the life [I] live?” The life I live is caring for the mentally ill, gardening, volunteering, walking my dogs. Careful, your ignorance is peeking through.

1. theleolady says:

Well said!

1. Josh says:

Right on. I think it’s sad so many people on here offer no constructive solutions -just pass the blame onto anyone they don’t like. The victim of this crime dedicated his life to the betterment of his community. Some may call him stupid, but I call him courageous. If there were more people like him, and fewer cowards like eastside_evil, maybe our crime rates/welfare rates/drug-use rates would drop.

1. eastside_evil says:

Josh, calling me a coward? That’s funny. I’m against gang bangers and murderers and that makes me a coward? Hilarious!

You don’t have the slightest clue what you’re talking about. I’d wager I contribute far more to society than you do, little man.

1. rgledz says:

Big tough guy typing on his keyboard. I’m sure Josh is quakeing in his boots. Pathetic.

1. Real-Tea? says:

Wait…aren’t YOU doing the SAME thing by posting this? It’s NOT about “threats”….it’s about making a point…..

2. Sandy says:

Thank you …….perople are so quick to judge. It is such a shame.

2. debbie says:

okay that was just a dumb response. i’m sure you know darn well the people he’s referring too!

3. eastside_evil says:

My ignorance?

You think you’re forced by economic conditions to live in Minneapolis? Talk about needing a reality check. Your ignorance is peeking through.

“For most of us, the only place we could afford to own a home was in this neighborhood”
      I call BS on this one.

9. Toocold22 says:

I knew him and he will be truly missed R.I.P. Kris…

10. Suga923 says:

The man that was killed last night was a hard WORKING black man that took care of his kids and cared about all. It really don’t matter what he was doing out at that time of night. Because what ever it was don’t justify his death.

11. A MOTHER says:

welfare has nothing to do with this unless they took his check before they killed him but he ahd a job we all know henn co dont give you nothing if you work. i grow up in north mpls, in my day you were in a fight may get a black eye but you lived to fight again. young people these days dont care about life.look on any bus stop along fremont i bet there is some one looking like they want the bus. but if you come back an hour later that person sill be still there.drugs selling drugs . get these people off our street. all the police has to do is say if i come back you better not be here. sorry for your loss. i still live in no mpls and i love it .i saw on facebook a drug dealer thinking god for his blessing. this is how sick he is.these are the people who killed your friend.pray for them

12. Ed says:

I have no problem with gang wankers shooting each other, but this time they killed one of the few people that was working hard to fix that area. This is truly a loss for everyone and the punishment should reflect that.

13. ITsOKJusttakeAToke says:

Its funny how all of you take this mans death to express your stupid political views. Grow up and try to act like an adult. Half of you are racist and the other half are just uninformed. Its shameful to witness this much ingnorance on a daily basis from tax paying minnesotans.

1. Realist says:

Sadly some of the comments are accurate. That’s what hurts the most.

1. A MOTHER says:

THIS IS SO TRUE ,

14. thoththebuilder says:

What the hell does liberal or conservative have to do with this or supporting welfare you ignorant insensitive Freak? A person who tried to help is gone…at least he was doing something positive and will be remembered for his positivity. What will you be remembered for? Talking Sh** about politics and welfare in a comment section about a tragic death….nice

1. mpls sux says:

Welfare brought most of the crime in that area. you should know that. Period.
      North used to be a NICE neighborhood – 1989. I remember. I lived there.

15. Tea gang Tea says:

Poor guy! I feel bad for the family and friends of the victim…..but $10 says it was a GANG member who pulled the trigger….
    and 24 hours ago….”Can we’s all have peace”?
    LOL…see what I am saying…these thugs are just that…THUGS….
    I vote the Mpls Gang task force can SHOOT 1st and ask questions later!!!!

1. MOTHER says:

BET YOU WOULD NOT SAY THAT IF THEY SHOT YOUR CHILD.!

1. eastside_evil says:

If your kid is in a gang, he deserves to be shot.

1. Tou says:

Agreed and MN should consider implementing the DEATH PENALTY as well.

1. TEA Penalty says:

Really “Mother”? I bet your OWN KID would SHOOT you for a $5 bill and a chicken wing!
            Are you saying your “proud” of your gang bangin’ son? Proof + you FAILED as a mother! A GOOD mother would have made sure their child did the right thing and worked hard NOT to be in a gang! I’m guesing that was too much work for you…now you have “Tre Tre Gunz” and his thug gang memboers over for dinner because you are afraid of them!
            Bottom line….you are a failed parent! Admit it!

1. A MOTHER says:

WRONG I AM A GREAT MOTHER, BUT YOUR COMMENTS MAKE ME THINK YOU HAVE FAILED YOUR CHILD. SORRY FOR YOUR CHILD AND YOU NEED HELP.GOD BLESS YOU

1. Tea-less says:

In this world with kids like yours running around killing people….I have decided NOT to have kids! So to answer your question….No kids for me…..THANKS to people like YOU!

2. Big Black Africa says:

hmm you know I kinda wish you father would have wore a condom and gave your mom a wash rag a lot earlier!

16. Pettro says:

2010 Census Data: 7+ out of 10 black females with children are single mothers. 6+ out of 10 black mothers in Minneapolis are on public assitance. The place that most black people in Minneapolis migrate from….Chicago,IL. Almost 8/10 single black mothers and almost 8/10 on public support. The police/politicians need to discourage chain migration due solely to our social services being better. Decrease welfare support lifetime max’s, start making these thugs do community service on a high scale. This area recieved many thousands of dollars for an NRP(neighborhood revitalization) program why would they not invest into buying more police time, security cameras, lighting?

1. A MOTHER says:

nrp what a rip off i live in one of the homes not a good uses of money JUNK, yes spend some of that money on cameras and lighting.they dont watch were that money goes they dont care the north side if they did we would have cameras lights and stop these fools from hanging out. they know all the hang outs the big dope people. yes and we should discourage migration from other part of the worldto many other people here already and when they come they work for 3.00 a hour. and give them our lowincome housing.how many of them are on welfare.this man was working good man a good person bottom line he died over some bull s—. PS GIVE ME A JOB WATCHING THOSE COMERAS

1. WOW says:

written just like someone who finished HIGH SCHOOL!

2. Big Black Africa says:

7 out of 10 white mothers are single parents and on assistance! as well ! if that’s the truth tell it all not just on side side! hey since your truth is only one sided I bet you only have one scrotum sac…the other one was probably kicked off by the social worker handling you and your baby mommas case! I’m right aren’t I …DUDE! lick the head of Metallica’s shlong!

17. thoththebuilder says:

Why the Heck is everyone here acting like this is a North Minneapolis issue? Black People especially should know that this is going on in every inner city across the country and it’s not Welfare’s fault. It’s not the System’s fault either. It is the people like myself who have allowed our youth to fend for themselves mentally and physically. Where are the Black Leaders? Bickering and Politicing that’s where. The youth cannot relate to the so called leader out there and their elders who are in the position to help are just so happy to be feeding themselves and their families and paying their mortage, they turn a blind eye and chastise our youth right besides the undercover racist caucasian.
    I myself am with you youth! daddyphantomphototron.com. I work directly with youth from the bay area in Cali to here and I won’t stop. You’re not alone out there and we are building a brigade as I type…we are coming. You aren’t forgotten.

1. Dutch says:

How is this not a North Minneapolis issue? Crime and Poverty, Race and Crime go hand in hand. They are all tied into the socail service support chain. Look where all the public support services are in the TC metro. They are there for blacks/somali/hmong.

1. thoththebuilder says:

You obviously just read the first sentence and started to speak but I’ll dispute your claim that the support services are THERE FOR BLACKS SOMALI AND HMONG. MN has an 85% white population buddy. Check that stat. Ever heard of the “Iron Range”? Well check how many families rely on support structures in these “White Ghettos” and you’ll find what I already know. Just because you make something up in your head doesn’t make it so. Facts are facts and a 15% minority population is not using all of those resources. This ain’t California. Next ill informed hater please!

1. MOTHER says:

ARE SOMALI BLACK YOU KNOW THEY HAVE GANGS TOO SOUTH NOT THAT GREAT EATHER.BLACKS CAME THERE AS SLAVES WE BUILT AMERICA BUT GET THE LESS.THESE LIL PUNK MAKE US ALL LOOK BAD THERE ARE BAD PEOPLE ALL OVER. NOT JUST NORTH SIDE. PS DONT PLAY WITH GOD HE DONT DAT

1. eastside_evil says:

You didn’t build anything. You aren’t from Africa and you were never a slave.

2. Claire says:

Take a look at the MN Welfare webpage and you will see that your numbers are not quite true. Facts are Facts

2. debbie says:

Undercover racist caucasian??? that tells me you are an out of the covers racist black man!!!! I am soooooooooooooo beyond sick of the race card. i have lived in satin paul (frogtown) my entire life, i am white and not once have i ever ever witnessed any type of racism here in fact i was the minority in school i had to study out of african american history books. not once have i ever complained about it . you use the race thing as an excuse , well it just vdoesn’t work anymore we’re in 2011 we have a black president of the usa . when someone says black gang member around here it’s because they are MOSTLY all black just like you black people say white rednecks well that doesn’t offend me because yes MOSTrednecks are white. we can’t help what are ancestors did to your ancestors but whatever it was it doesn;t happen anymore. quit using racism as an excuse because it just makes you sound sooooo dumb!’

1. thoththebuilder says:

Ummm are you saying undercover racist caucasians do not exist? I never said every caucasian is racist. You really went off on a tangent there Debbie. If you wanted to rant and rave about something that has nothing to do with what I said, you could’ve just gone and seen your shrink or maybe you just forgot to take you anti depressants.
        You’ve never witnessed any kind of racism because your dumb ass isn’t paying attention. Hard for a racist to notice racism.

1. mpls sux says:

racism is so elaborated on a liberal perspective. Anything to a liberal is racist.
          PERIOD…

I love the recent ones lately claiming that “oriental” is racist. LMAO
          how stupid liberals can be.

I have friends of all different races… but calling it like it is, is the truth.

1. eastside_evil says:

Using the word “Oriental” IS racist. They did not give themselves that name. They aren’t Orientals.

2. debbie says:

Okay i don’t see a shrink nor do i pop pills nor do i walk around with my pants falling off my ass or a white coned shaped hat on my head . I am a single mother of 3 who works hard and prays to GOD and doesn’t depend on the rich to give me theyre money or whine about it when they do not. You on the otherhand to even make a comment about undercover caucasion racists tells me you are defintely a racist yourself. Last week there was a shooting in frogtown (drug related) and guess what they were white boys and just as bad as every other gang member out there regardless of the color of they’re skin. They are stupid and made stupid choices and that is how they ended up dead. maybe had they’re mothers and fathers whooped they’re ass a bit as children they would have turned out to be better people but i bet they were too busy crying over the fact that the White man got them down and they can’t make it without the goverment support system and they ain’t doin nothin to help they’re kids well guess what loser not the goverments or anyone elses job to raise your child. p.s. i never said you said every white man is a racist!

2. FatBD says:

Golly. You sound awfully intelligent, though. Did you go back and read what you wrote? Christ…

3. DeDe says:

As a graduate of a St. Paul high school and a current St. Paul Public Schools teacher, I would like to know what school you attended where you had to read out of an African American history book.

1. debbie says:

benjamin e mays located in the rondo building. 7th& 8th grade years when they still had jr high.

18. NHS Student says:

I believe that until you are a student here or have close relations with him and realize how his death affects us all all negative affects should be put aside!

19. Patrick Shull says:

“Miller was an associate teacher, and his job was to help keep students in class and on track.”

Isn’t that every teachers job or just a few of them???
    I hope they find who did this and put them in prison or give them the needle, electric chair, firing squad, or noose? America needs to bring back the death penalty, this is getting out of hand and people are not scared of going to prison and getting free meals, free room and board, free health care, and free security. Legal tax payers who don’t break the law are getting screwed 24/7 by the court system and we are the ones that are paying for it not the criminals.

20. Saddened says:

This man was amazing. He was a positive BLACK MALE role model who stood in where there was a giant gap and hole in the community. We have lost a very important person today and in my eyes Kris was as important to the Northside as a Malcom X or MLK jr. He was a truly amazing man. The work he did with the youth and community was outstanding and will forever be appreciated. Bless him and his family. For those of you making a political issue…it shows ignorance. This man was stepping up where you obviously are not,

1. eastside_evil says:

Malcolm X was important to the Northside? What?

Kind of an ironic example to use, when Malcolm X was shot to death in front of his family and friends and followers by his own people.

21. Alert U says:

There are so many people who describe themselves as Conservative and are mostly white. This group of people has an ingrained hatred of Africans and other non-white ethnicities. So, whenever something like this happens, the Rush ‘Limbaughism’ takes over; this causes them to talk and write stuff like: welfare, gangs, socialism, Acorn, thugs, basketball, ghetto, monkeys, and affirmative action: these are examples of the words and phrases always thrown into their virile racist tantrums. Even if something extraordinary good is accomplished, like the eleven year old black girl who is a record breaking sprinter and has a black belt in karate along with a high point academic average; a ‘Limbaughist’ will describe her as a monkey chaser!
    Such pathetic fools.

1. eastside_evil says:

What Africans?

You cannot interchange black and African. They are not the same term.

22. Deja ( NHS Student ] says:

As A North Student , Chis Helped Me Through A Lot Of Things. He Always Made Sure That I Was On Track And Kept My Grades Up. Its Going To Be Really Hard Walking Through These Halls And Knowing I Wouldn’t Be Able To See His Face. Every Morning He Wouldn’t Be There To Greet Us When We Walk Through The Doors. This Is A Very Very Devastating Tragedy Thats Going To Always Have A Serious Effect On The North Students That Actually Knew Him. But As He Would Want It , Im Going To Continue To Focus On My Grades And try My Best To Get Over This Dreadful Lost .
    – P . S ; ; Chris Your Always Going To Missed , And Never Forgotten .

23. Deja ( NHS Student ] says:

– How Did You All Go From Saying How Sad It Was , To It Being About Someones Race? . Please Just Leave It Alone .

1. AC Diva says:

Deja,
      THANK YOU for this comment. You’re 100% correct. Isn’t it funny that a high school student can show more maturity than dozons of ignorant adults?

PS – you know me Miss Deja. I worked directly with Kris, and I’m proud of you for standing up for him.

24. GETAGRIP says:

All ya’ll need prayer as well as this guy’s family. So sad.

25. mpls sux says:

You want to solve the problem? LIMIT the welfare. That will clean things up real quickly.

Minnesota doesn’t have a limited welfare system as other major states do!

1. MISS LO says:

Yes the welfare is limited in this situation you have 2 young black men whom at one point in their life were valuable to our black community. One an Associate Educator , and the other an Associate Pastor.
      But of course you ignorant fools didn’t know that !!!!!!!
      All this talk about welfare, and gangs is totally sickening, I live in the heart of North Minneapolis, and it scares me to know that my sons could be a potential target for violence, I work at North Memorial and I tell you everytime I hear Trauma Team, I am calling my sons to make sure they are safe.
      WHAT CAN WE DO AS A COMMUNITY TO END THIS !!!!!!!!
      NOW THIS IS THE ISSUE FOR ALL YOU BLOGGERS, HOW DO WE TAKE THE GUNS OUT OF THE COMMUNITY ????
      HOW DO WE GET THESE YOUTH TO COME TOGETHER ????
      WHAT CAN WE DO AS A WHOLE, TO SUPPORT POSITIVE EFFORTS FOR OUR DISTURBED BLACK YOUTH ???

WHITE FOLKS SHOULD NOT COMMENT ON THESE QUESTIONS, THIS IS THE BLACK COMMUINITY WE ARE TALIKING ABOUT !!!!!!

1. Cqui says:

Miss Lo! Are you saying only blacks murder? I didn’t know this was a race deal! I thought it was a human thing!

1. MISS LO says:

No Cqui, I didn’t say that, but I am referring to the crime that is surrounding me, and it just happens to be a lot of our youth.
          What a silly question, I care about all people black white asiains or whatever the race may be, but lately, the victims of violent death have been black.
          Not trying to start this silly a#$ racism stuff . I want my neifhborhood safe, and I want the kids to be able to walk the street without having to run from stray bullets.
          What would prompt you to ask me that question, honestly I am speaking on behalf of others that want to save the black communiity !!!!!

26. mpls says:

Here is a resolution for ya. Limit the welfare in Minnesota. That will clean up things.

Minnesota doesn’t have a limited welfare system as other major states do.

1. you're right says:

exactly, and this is why we are a crime/poverty magnet!

1. tea reform says:

I’m behind you on this!

27. NORTH STUDENT says:

I AM A STUDENT AT NORTH HIGH AND I JUST WANT ALL OF YOU SPECTATORS TO KNOW HOW MUCH OF A GOOD MAN KRISTOPHER MILLER WAS, HE WAS THE MOST ENCOURAGING, INFLUENTIAL HELP AT THE BUILDING PERIOD. THEY WILL NEVER TO BE ABLE TO REPLACE HIM. AND ACTUALLY FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO THINK YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT, KRISTOPHER MILLER WAS ACTUALLY ON HIS WAY TO GRADUATING FROM TRAINING TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER, FAR FROM A GANG MEMBER. PLEASE PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION PLEASE COME FORWARD.

1. Tea time.... says:

North Student…..I am sory for your loss…..Kris did seem like a stand up guy….and he did NOT deserve this….

I just want to make sure you know I don’t think these posts are saying HE (Kris)was the gang member….we are saying the THUG that SHOT him WAS!

Again..Kris seemed like a stand up, hard wroking guy that was a true hero in MPLS in an area where a LOT of people would be scared to work!

We just want to see his killer strung up by his toes in a public square where we can stone him to DEATH! (I WISH I was kidding about that too!)

28. allan says:

Just keep building more prisons. This type of behavior will not change. It is inbred and will continue until everyone is in prison or dead. Period.

29. There is hope in our City says:

the problems all started when you took God out of the public schools. When it no longer became ok to pray in the classroom kids began to drift from the moral law and lost respect for those in authority. We have violence in our schools because God is no longer welcomed. Instead of praying for their fellow students or staff they are bringing guns to school ( city and suburban schools) and shooting the place up. Why is it that law enforcement embraces the youth pastors, but our schools do not? Why is it youth are finding God through Chuck Colson’s prison fellowship ministry when they are sent to prison, but are not allowed to find God in the schools because those who can share with them the truth are bound and gagged to not share with them. If we expect to see crime drop then we need a Spiritual revival in allof our neighborhoods and we need to see our churches overflowing and our youth groups maxed out. Until then hopelessness will reign.

30. Thinking says:

Isn’t this in North St. Paul?

31. Realist says:

It seems the suspect is no stranger to firearms. And his civil record shows trouble with not paying child support.

1. JamieinMN says:

Ha, Nobody should be surprised…at all.

1. A MOTHER says:

HA IS WAS NOT A GANG MEMBER IT WAS JR MINISTER.NOW SHUT UP ABOUT THE GANG STUFF.THINGS ARE ALREADY BAD. GOD BLESS THE FAMILY.

1. MOTHER says:

not an old woman i am A old lady THANK YOU

Semantics.

2. Realist says:

Did you see me say he was a gang member? Take your own advice for once, and STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS! What are you 12?

3. Patrick Shull says:

Actually he was a gang banger but for a completely different gang of thugs, he is part of the oldest deadliest gang known to all humans. He is part of the religious gang and we know how much bloodshed religion has poured on this planet. I can’t believe that there is enough water on this planet to wash the stains caused by religion.

1. dee dee mn. says:

you must be the devil your self and when judgement day comes i guess you will be left behind .religion is not a gang.

32. Concernedaboutthegeneration says:

I cant believe that eventhough another life is lost all of yall in the city who hide their faces and say that want better for our community are on here spitting and chewing on the devils juicy fruit. my mother told me a long time ago that if you cant say something nice dont speak at all, how about everybody try that once, why is there not a invitation to help either one of these families who lost a loved one, cause both families have lost some one. thats ridiculous that most of the comments are about how bad the north side is. why don’t yall try to help someone. cause believe me it could be your family or neighborhood that suffers this exact type of loss next.

33. MOTHER says:

YOU AND YOUR LIBERAL FRIEND NEED TO TRY HELPING OUT. PUT UP OR SHUT UP. I DONT HERE ANYTHING.

1. JamieinMN says:

Um help? Why?

1. MOTHER says:

THEN SET DOWN AND SHUT UP AND BE HAPPY YOU AND YOUR LIBERAL FRIEND DID NOT DIE WHILE YOU WERE OVER THERE.

1. JamieinMN says:

Dude, are you a crazy cat lady?????????

2. TEA-Ch me to be cool says:

You don’t “here” anything? Again….written JUST like a 10 year old kid from the burbs…..backs my comment from prior……Keep writing “mutha” and keep showing us why we are RIGHT!

3. dum mutha says:

34. Herb says:

These incidents are a direct result of desperation in the everyday lives of lower and middle income families. So if you are one of those in the top 10% of the wealthy in this country, this is what your greed buys you, direct responsibility for this mans death! Your actions and actions of those like you have taken an irresponsibly large portion of the operating capital in this country and are hoarding or worse, using that money to cause more misery for those who can barely survive by changing laws to take more money and services away from those who are already struggling.

This country works pretty good when the majority works for the advancement of the whole society (’50s & 60’s). As long as the greedy continue to drain resources and do not give back to the society, these types of events will continue to happen with increasing frequency, to the inevitable revolution when the majority of “have nots” take back a rightful share of the bounty this country provides and the dead bodies of the greedy litter the streets. If you believe this cant happen here, you are not very well versed in history. It is happening in the Mideast right now!!!

1. eastside_evil says:

“These incidents are a direct result of desperation in the everyday lives of lower and middle income families.”

He shot him because he’s broke and desperate?

You’re wrong. That wasn’t what this was about.

35. allan says:

More black on black violence. What a shock. Keep up the good work.

36. Shayla "Not ashamed to use my real name" Walker says:

This is truly sad, I hope most of the comments on here are not left by people who would call themselves adults because its truly sad and disgusting. I really don’t think this is the appropriate place for people to talk about how welfare, race or gangs caused the death of this man when you have no concrete proof. I also think if you were REALLY concerned about gang violence, his death or welfare in N. MPLS you would set up meetings with the people in the community, meet with city council members or something of that nature rather than argue online where it WON’T create ANY CHANGE. Are any of you not embarrassed that people who loved, knew and cared for him can see your hurtful/tasteless comments. Please do not perpetuate the cycle of turning Mr. Miller into a statistic just to get your point across. He was a human being and we should acknowledge him as one.

37. Judge Tea says:

ALL OF YOU!!! I think it’s SO FUNNY…”You are QUICK TO JUDGE!!!! ”

What do you MEAN…..look at the news in the last week! HOW MANY KILLINGS have happened!!!! You think they are nice White/Employed/over 30 year old/Christians? And this has NOTHING to do with RACE even!!! Look at the TWO WHITE THUGS who shot that guy in the BACK last week!

DARN RIGHT I will judge! Darn right I will DEFEND my family with deadly force. DARN RIGHT I will NEVER believe these THUGS want “peace”.

Gang members have shown us TIME and TIME again…they can NOT be trusted and do NOT deserve respect! And IF they want it? They have YEARS of KILLING, theft, and HATE to make up for.

Until then..ANYONE who “defends” these punks are JUST as bad as the PUNKS who commit these crimes. All you’re doing is making them think it’s OK!

38. DERRISHA TREONNA GRIFFIN says:

THE MAN THAT WAS ARRESTED IS MY FATHER AND IS NOT CAPABLE OF KILLING ANOTHER FATHER. BEFORE ANY OF YOU JUDGE AND MAKE ASSUMPTIONS THAT JUDGE OTHER PEOPLES CHARACTER..KNOW ABOUT THEM. I AM THIS MANS CHILD AND I WILL STAND UP FOR AND DEFEND HIM TIL THE WORLD CRASHES DOWN. DADDY..I’M HERE AND WE WILL GET PAST THIS.

1. factdealer says:

Your here commenting, no way this isn’nt you or you truly are clueless, perhaps you should be looking for a lawyer. Also your pappy is capable of this, get it baby machine.

2. be careful says:

Agreed, and for your own good I HOPE he is NOT the one who did it…..but if he’s found guilty…..I hope he’s prepared to take the punishment! And I hope it’s to the fullest extent of the law!

3. JamieinMN says:

oh hellllllllllllll no. Everyone is capable of killing anyone, yaaa mean?

4. Realist says:

I highly recommend you shut up and listen to what your father’s lawyer tells you. Making comments on a public forum will only hurt your father… not help him.

39. DERRISHA TREONNA GRIFFIN says:

AND TO THE VICTIMS FAMILY AND AM VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOST. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST OF LOVE AND UNITY. I AM SORRY THAT AN ANIMAL TOOK LIFE THAT THEY DID NOT GIVE. YOU HAVE MY PRAYERS.

40. Let's remember a innocent man lost his life says:

Time for the Guardian Angels and the Mn Guard to step into the neighborhoods of both N. Mpls and parts of S. Mpls. The point is folks Gangs regardless of color have taken over area’s of Mpls and it is not safe plain & simple in parts of these area’s. Let’s face it, life means nothing to them and most citizens are afraid to get involved because they will be targeted for revenge and that folks is the truth.

I know this mans life meant something to a lot of people, prayers for his family and friends and let’s hope justice is swift and the perp gets life in prision (better yet take him out and shoot him!)

41. Factpointer says:

Simple fact if your born tan, you’re have a 99% of being worthless. If your a woman you’ll never work and have 10 kids w no dads. If your a guy you’ll impregnate 10 women and support none of the children.FACT

1. DeDe says:

Wow…Really??????

2. Big Black Africa says:

hey man you a stupid mufaucka ..fact is if I was where you were I would smack u back into your mother’s womb!

3. Big Black Africa says:

fact is you probably some broke ass man with no job and no woman! go get some …! LMAO

4. Concernedaboutthegeneration says:

the fact is that if you wrote the garbage that you wrote and actually believe that you are a racist and an ignorant person, and I hope you burn in hell devil. just because of a persons skin color doenst instantly make him or her a statistic. and if you took more time trying to help instead of peeling back assumptions maybe this world would be a better place. obviously since all the world is black and white to you, you should be able to understand this. the Oklahoma bomber wasn’t black, Charles Manson wasnt black, Ted bundy wasnt black, conclusion- just because you arent black doenst instantly make you a serail killer right? now lets just look at the statistics of most serial killers do you fit the profile?

42. Angie Grove says:

It’s funny how so many are commenting on a situation they know nothing about. Somehow gangs, welfare, politics, race, religion, and the classes were brought into this tragic and senseless death.

For the record the VICTIM, Kris, was killed for being a good Samaritan and helping a young woman to her car. She was being stalked by her EX-husband asked Kris to walk her to her car because she wasn’t feeling safe given the situation. The ex-husband saw this, followed Kris home, and shot him in the back; killing him in cold blood. It should be pointed out the suspect in custody, the ex-husband, is NOT a gang member or on welfare, he is an Associate Pastor who couldn’t handle the divorce. Silly me, I thought they taught us in school to fact check by checking multiple sources, i.e. Star Tribune, before making an informed opinion and voicing it on a public forum where things CAN fact checked.

I wonder if this same crime happened in Burnsville what comments and remarks would be made. I bet they would be polar opposites of the remarks in this article. No matter how far I think this country has come as a whole, it never seems to surprise me how much ignorance is still out there. It’s quite easy to be brave behind a computer screen.

It doesn’t matter what time of day he was out and about, his life should have never been taken. The fact still remains that a young man was tragically murdered.

My questions to you George, since you have been consistently commenting about gang violence and welfare are: 1) shouldn’t you be working? and 2) what are you doing to help stop or prevent these two subjects that you obviously feel strongly enough to bring up as facts (which are actually opinions) in the circumstances involving in this young man’s death?

Signed,

An Informed Minnesotan.

1. sam says:

thank you for that.i knew him.

2. Big Black Africa says:

yes truth!!

43. Cqui says:

Holy cow! Now I know why there is so much violence in NMpls! Morning a death and seeking answers is all I thought I would see! Blame the parents?! I think not. Blame the culture? I think not! I’m white and have lived in the suburbs my whole life. I’ve seen one kid go wrong and one successful from the same family, in the suburbs. Good parents, and mixed up kids live everywhere, not just in Mpls. You should be morning, not fighting.

44. meme powell says:

He wasn’t a gang member..The guy who shot him was rumored to be a minister if that makes it any better…I guess he can join all the White priest who molest kids.You know why violence is up in north minneapolis because the biggest gangs out here ride around with badges forcing their will on the people…not providing equal protection under the law to citizens making them inact thier own form of justice..incompetent teachers..lack of jobs and business due to how they portray the black man in the media.. Now tell me again how we can control insurgents in Iraq but can’t keep a gun out of North Minneapolis?..I don’t need a book to know the color of the persom behind some of these comments being made…. you’re as black as your heart! hateful!..Very few make money off racial division you’re all just pawns that spew hate if you see KIDS being killed if you human you gonna march write a book start reaching out to them not hurl accusations and reasons they are hurt and you defiantly don’t snub helping them…I can’t wait till all this stuff really goes down…when Revelations of the bible comes to light then you will know which and who’s side you really on devils your own mouth and hands will testify against you.

1. eastside_evil says:

“You know why violence is up in north minneapolis because the biggest gangs out here ride around with badges forcing their will on the people”

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

45. Louis Munn says:

We are all dumber for that comment you just made!

46. bobby z says:

So much talk, so little information, so few educated respondents.

47. Jerom says:

No should or ought be surprised to what is going on in the North Minneapolis. Seems blacks are content and happy. Seems, rather than finishing their education and taking care off their breed they have them all over the place and being dependent of the tax payers money, their biggest achievement seems to be killing each other and no one seems to care, including the people of the north. For sure the cops don’t give a damn what is happening among themselves, as long as, they don’t do it to any white person. If so happens they mess with one, you all know how fast is the criminal is apprehended.

1. DeDe says:

Wow!!! Do you know all of these happy, uneducated, breeding but abandoning, murdering blacks from the Northside, or are you just showing your ignorance???

1. Big Black Africa says:

WoW Do you know how dumb that was!-(what you wrote) I bet you got saggy breast and a droopy bottom ..and like ummm! 2 teeth got have 2 cuz ya know …twin cities i bet your dress is made out of 2 bed sheets!

1. Tea Crazy says:

Yup….at this point BBA…..we are thinking MN is BIG BLACK AFRICA! With people like you roaming around saying things like:
          “I bet you got saggy breast and a droopy bottom ..and like ummm! 2 teeth got have 2 cuz ya know ”
          People like you need to move to Atlanta where you and all of the other “proud black skinned americans” can hang out and leave us hard working people alone!
          Don’t you “brotha’s” LIKE saggy breasts and droopy bottoms?
          If it were not for black men…..us white guys would get stuck with all of the FAT WHITE women!

48. Clarence says:

So, another person got murdered, so what’s new here in the great liberal city of Mpls.?? Why are many liberals here so-suprised?? Is your utopian-fantasy-world of everyone just get along not working??

49. daniel1956 says:

More evidence that ministers are as human as the rest of us, and some use their religion as a shield against criticism. Let’s hope this minister doesn’t hide behind a minion of the devil (a lawyer) to help keep him out of prison.

1. MOTHER says:

AMAN TO THAT.

1. Realist says:

It’s amen… if you are going to be religion, get it right.

1. Ven says:

It’s religious

50. Danielle Toot Cotten says:

IT NOT A SURPRISE AT ALL ON THE NORTHSIDE OF MPLS MN. ITS SAD AND SHAMEFUL HOW WE CAN’T LIVE TOGETHER IN PEACE FOR ONCE, THAT REALLY IS GOD’S PLAN…I WILL NEVER STOP PRAYING FOR OUR COMMUNITY.

51. john says:

I will pour a 40 for you homie. RIP. Thugs 4 life.

52. Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! says:

This is truly pathetic men is killed by another man & have of
    these comments are about nothing, how someone grammar is,
    if there black or white and a community that you probably don’t
    live in. I feel is passing is something to reflect on to show you
    that life is too short & that you should cherish your loves one.
    for those that have disrespected this comment section with negative
    comments & remarks you have no clue about, think if this was your
    family member???

1. eastside_evil says:

@Seriously

Did you learn English as a second language? That was barely understandable and only after translating.

1. Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! says:

@ eastside_evil: yes english is my first language, how about ypu?