Police: Drunk Woman, 23, Bit Officer At Airport

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A Minnetonka woman has been charged with two counts of assault after she allegedly got drunk at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport and bit an officer who was trying to restrain her.

Megan Lee Biersach, 23, was charged with two counts of assault in the fourth degree, according to a criminal complaint.

The criminal complaint says airport police responded to a disturbance at gate E-2, where they found Biersach, who smelled strongly of alcohol. Police decided to take Biersach to detox because she was crying, cursing and seemingly upset.

In order to bring Biersach to detox, police put her in the back of a truck. Biersach then became angry and allegedly started swearing at officers. According to the complaint, Biersach kicked one officer and spat in the face of another. She then allegedly bit the officer whom she kicked as he attempted to put a spit hood and leg restraint on Biersach.

The officer was bitten on the arm. The bite broke his skin.

Biersach is currently in custody.

1. zee the reporter says:

I wonder if she has rabies! zee reporting in!

1. No pun intended. says:

Is her last name pronounced “beer-sack”?

1. Yup says:

Yes it is. It’s a German name.

2. The Trend says:

I notice WCCO makes no mention of the false sexual assault accusations our little cup cake made.

2. Pew says:

An emotional drunk…not really news worthy!
    Happens to quite a few people. As long they don’t drink and drive, I am content.

3. Lizzy says:

Her parent’s must be proud.

4. Dave Seavy says:

Poor spoiled little Minnetonka girl.

1. Artist36 says:

Yeah, maybe this is her first taste of the real world without mommy there to bail her out. Sounds like they went pretty soft on her though. I mean c’mon, forth degree assault? How badly would the officer had to have been hurt for anything beyond that?

5. ITsOKJusttakeAToke says:

I love it how the citizens of a adfluent part of town seem to be crying in there mug shots. Ironic…I think not. this is the result of spoon feeding your kids until there 21 and then there let into society with no clue how to act in public….I bet if she was a product of south st paul or fridly she probably would no better not to Bite a cop. Shame

1. VanBCtoMN says:

She’s a winner, that’s a definite. But, you are correct – I’m sure if she was a product of SSP or Fridley, she would have had plenty of run-ins with the police by now, and would know how to behave properly. After all, she is 23, plenty of time to develope a juvenile record. “Adfluent” part of town in “there” mugshots and spoon feeding until “there” 21…seems like SSP and Fridley school systems have failed you, my friend.

1. Whitey Fjord says:

Yeah, I mean it’s WAY better to have a young bid-ness man smile and show their grill during their mug shot. I mean why not? At that point you’re just keep’n it rrreeeaall. It’ll give you much more street cred with the Tre Tre Cibs, don’t you think G?

1. ITsOKJusttakeAToke says:

Ohhh Whitey, not sure what a tre tre cib is. But the tre tre cibs arent bitting cops then crying during their mug shot. Keeping it real, which is a overstated comment, in this case, would not be bitting a cop because you drank to much. Your racist undertone would suggest your from dakota county, which would explain it all. By the way, Dont know where in this post was implicated i was “G”. you must have blown at the game guess who.

2. VanBCtoMN says:

Nope, not particular about the language…but if you’re going to generalize someone for having a bad attitude towards police because they’re from an “upper class” background (while referencing other “non-upper class” places as more cilvilized/educated alternatives), it would probably make your point more effective if you don’t have first grade-type spelling errors. BTW – the vast majority of Mtka is very old, average size homes, nothing resembling your image of upper-crust society.

2. JamieinMN says:

I’m confused……..what’s wrong with SSP????? I mean Fridley, that’s a given.

6. Ali says:

If an Airlines thinks you are drunk they can stop you from boarding. Would you want this garbage sitting next to you on a 4 hour flight?

7. Another silver spoon winner says:

Wow..she’s going places in life.

1. Renee says:

Just NOT on vacation.

8. Kurt says:

With a mug like that.I would get drunk to.

9. Randy says:

Must have a lot of money to get drunk at the airport. 10 dollars a shot lol

10. v says:

Wow…. Now THERE’S some PMS!

11. zagwee says:

Aww, she is so cute, Give the poor girl a break.

12. SkipperGurl05 says:

All of you can just shut up!

Meg was set up. I know her, she is not that kind of person to do something like this. There must have been some type of misunderstanding.

1. Motherof2 says:

SkipperGurl05 your name kinda puts things into perspective. You know her so she must be a good person….blah blah blah…everyone is a good person until they do something bad and get caught!!! Duh..it takes an emotional person with no respect for authority to behave the way she did under the influence or not you NEVER have the right to fight uniformed authority!!

1. SkipperGurl05 says:

You are so dum, you don’t no what your talking about! Meg would never bite anyone! This is all just to messed up.

1. JamieinMN says:

Lol ohhhhh my gawwwd. You’re smerrrrrt.

1. lib says:

She is just a spoiled brat who couldn’t believe the cop meant for HER to behave. We are raising thugs, brats and in her case biting animals.

2. Extraordinarily Dumb, I mean Special, in the south metro. says:

I am not dumb. I am just special.

3. olaf says:

Hey skipper–who taught you how to spell? Do you mean “dumb” , “you’re”, and “too”?

4. Paul says:

Are you saying that this incident did not happen…that the police lied about your friend Meg. Then you sir, are the one whom is dumb! Being a former police officer I have seen many individuals acting a fool because of over indulging with alcohol and or RX/street drugs. Give them a few hours in the drunk tank to cool off and when you speak with them they are a completely different person.

2. Todd says:

Honey, she is in an airport. Read much of the news these days? You don’t do ANYTHING wrong at an airport or you are in trouble, big trouble. Tell your freind to get some counseling. (spelling, don’t have time for spell check, sorry)

1. SkipperGurl05 says:

Airports need to hire better policemen then, not just some dirty highschool dropouts who don’t no what their doing. Just makes me sick. They were probably trying to feel her up that’s why she fight back.

Stupid poor people. Sad.

1. Punish the wicked drinkers! says:

It’s not the Policemen’s fault that your friend is a rowdy obnoxious drunk.

2. Realist says:

You aren’t very bright… are you?

3. Paul says:

Are you #%#%*@ing kidding me. What the hell do you know about being hired to work for a police department. First, law enforcement stopped being an entry level position oh say about 40 years ago. Now, it is a necessity to have a minimum 2 year degree. And with the very few positions available versus the amount of applicants you can be sure that most new hires have extensive”dirty highschool dropouts” and “they were probably trying to feel her up [and] that’s why she fight (you meant to say fought) back.

Obviously you are an idiot-just STFU!

2. 56001 says:

the officer could not be a high school dropout, Minnesota is one of the few states that require offices to have a college degree.

3. Punish the wicked drinkers! says:

She was not set-up, she was drinking too many set-ups. How was she “set up”? Did someone force alcohol down her throat at the airport bar? I fly often. I wish someone would poor alcohol down my throat so I didn’t have to pay for airport drinks myself.

4. Youjust Saidthat? says:

How is it possible to be set up to bite a cop when you’re plastered??

5. The Trend says:

she tried to send innocent men to prison for “sexual assault” – she should get as long a sentence as the falsely accused men would have got.

1. Artist36 says:

Amen to that!!!!!!!

6. Artist36 says:

Ah, ok. She didn’t mean to get drunk. She didn’t mean to kick or bite anyone either I suppose!!! Wake up gurl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. tom says:

Why are you picking on Fridly???

14. Patch says:

I don’t condone the behavior, especially in public, but this person may have a situation beyond her control. Give her a break. Poor thing! Who are we to judge?
    She needs help NOT condemnation.

1. Richard in Minneapolis says:

Bravo. Well said. Far too many people posting on this string appear to be the types that would cheer when someone commits suicide. Sad.

15. Jason "Chomper" Johnson says:

I live in Minnetonka and you’d be surprised how often we go around biting eachother. It’s kind of a local tradition, like giving high-five or nodding.

16. hmm says:

This woman needed to be bi*ch slapped in the face. Yet if an officer did that we would be seeing him get fired and sued.

17. Kim says:

SkipperGurl105 ~ Yeh, What do you have against people that live in St Paul , Not all people that live in St Paul Are Poor HELLO! Same with Fridley I am sure.

1. SkipperGurl05 says:

If there are rich people in ghetto places like St. Paul or Fridly, why don’t they move some place nicer like Tonka or Wayzata?

Some people are just to dum.

1. Kim says:

SkipperGurl105 ~ First of all you must never go to St Paul ever cuz there are really nice and rich areas in St Paul not just poor areas again Hello! Also you need to learn how to spell Fridley is spelled like this not spelled like Fridly. Haha Back at you! You really need to grow up and stop being so rude!

2. Realist says:

You are calling people out for being dumb and you can’t form a grammatically accurate sentence… glass houses my friend.

1. Kim says:

Realist~ who are you talking about, SkipperGurl105 , it must be cuz shes the one that was calling people dumb not me. She sounds very rude. I did not even say anything bad about her friend. I just asked what she had against St Paul and Fridley. Aagain she sound’s very rude and needs to grow up. Further more at least I can spell Fridley.

2. Paul Choi says:

OMFFFFFFFFFFG……KIM Spelt F-R-I-D-L-E-Y CORRECTLY and the moron still can’t spell it…..WOW you FAIL. Learn how to spell before you start defending someone you are not making her/yourself look any better hahahahaha. If you are going to be offended by this comment go ahead you are only getting mad at your own faults & mistakes.🙂

18. Larry says:

But we do know the English language and how to spell it. You sound like a bigger idiot than your friend…

19. Extraordinarily Dumb in the south metro. says:

I take offense to that remark. I am very dumb and I don’t live in Fridley or St. Paul.

20. Larry says:

SkipperGurl has probably never had a job in her life… Pathetic

21. Patch says:

This article is getting out of hand with accusations to people of other communities…….IT’S NOT EVEN NEWS WORTHY!!!

22. Sarah in Outstate MN says:

Oh Gawd….another friend who claims she is an angel and who “would never do this”…blah….blah….blah…. I am so sick of friends and family who claim “it’s a set up”, “She’s not like that”, etc…

Does SkipperGurl05 realize how often some of us read these articles and see this pattern repeated by friends and family? They all claim this. You’re in denial and you are an enabler.

1. Concerned Citizen says:

Ok, SkipperGurl05-I known and worked with many Airport Police Officers-I have always found them to be as professional, if not more than any other police officer. Your friend may have had a lapse in judgement and acted out of charictor, yet that still does not excuse her behavior. Last, I tend to agree with everyone else on here, that it does not matter what town or part of Minnesota that you came from-there are dumb people everywhere!

23. FlipperBoi105 says:

I’ll take a smart person with less money any day over a spoiled, over-privileged moron who can’t spell or use proper grammar…or spits at people, gets sloppy drunk and bites others. I know it’s real revolutionary thinking. “Oh wait, you have money and are from the burbs? Bite away my friend, bite away”

1. Paul Choi says:

“LIKE” hahahahaha

2. SkipperGurl05 says:

More jealousy.

When will someone ask this cop why he was feeling up on Meg. Gross

1. Victim Du Jour says:

Cops don’t feel up drunk women who are breaking the law.

MSNBC did a story about catching women lie about that to get out of trouble, caught on police video.

They have security cams everywhere

2. Sanity says:

So she is now claiming the cops sexually assualted her? I thought she claimed the 4 guys she was drinking with in the bar assaulted her?

24. Youjust Saidthat? says:

Set up to be drunk in the airport to bite a cop? How is that possible?? Ugggh.

25. Paul Choi says:

Some people take their obsession with Twilight just a little too far.

26. Youjust Saidthat? says:

I know Meg too and she was actually raised north of Alexandria…talk about po-dunk towns!!

27. Jones says:

Calm down there Skipper, Megan is my cousin and GOD knows I love the girl but she’s got some issues. Quit trying to defend her, what she did was wrong, end of story. And she isn’t from Tonka she’s from Brainerd and it’s pronounced Beer-sock

28. You're an enabler says:

I wouldn’t be critisizing other people’s spelling when yours in some previous posts is less than perfect.

29. MPLS says:

Yes preach about racism while all you have been doing is discriminating in pretty much every post. Oh wait, even in this very posting!

30. Cry me a river says:

I’d do her….

1. MeToo says:

I’d ” tap-it ” also…..

31. Shannon RS says:

Aahhhh! Minnesota nice! Except for the seedy underbelly! lmao! Damn humans!

32. RachelClaire says:

Not a pretty image–young woman gets wasted before getting on a plane to get married. To me, it doesn’t matter where she comes from, but she obviously feels very entitled. One news station reported that she’s on anti-psychotics and mixing those with alcohol is a bad idea. And I agree with the person who commented that you need to behave in airports. She’s lucky she didn’t get charged with terroristic threats. The blame lies with this woman. I don’t know her, I don’t care to know her. I wish her husband-to-be well. He’s going to have his hands full. And he better watch out–she might claim he sexually harassed her.

33. jeff says:

sounds to me like crime took a bite out of her!

34. Victim Du Jour says:

I am sure she was really upset Getting thrown into detox just before going on a fun trip. You can see it in her face in the mug shot.

And it would be a bummer if it was over someone hearing a few swear words and calling police.

The Bar Tenders at the airport should point out to people they will make an issue out of people being drunk on airplanes.

35. Pork Chop Fan says:

The Twins could use some of her gusto.

36. casey says:

Uh yeah I went to school with Megan and she was messed up then! And I could totally see her biting someone! She obviously hasn’t grown up yet, she was a trouble maker in school and is obviously still a trouble maker! It SOUNDS like the police were just doing what they are suppose to do when someone is disorderly and is resisting arrest and she just was being resistent! So she needs to grow up, drink in moderation and get a life, rather then get drunk at the airport waiting on a plane and become a problem! Pathetic!

37. Hugh Jorgan says:

The more she drinks, the worse the wandering eye/Walleye vision syndrome gets. I bet later that night she coulda’ tried out for the Marty Feldman lookalike contest…