The Good Life For Less: More Free Concerts Around Town
Spring crescendos into a great summer music scene in the Twin Cities. The harmony between nice weather and outdoor settings — when green trees mix with soulful tunes — creates a perfect ballad of al fresco entertainment. Add in the price of free and you’ve got the symphony you’ve been waiting for all year.
I told you earlier about all the great free concerts happening at Orchestra Hall in July. Now I want to let you know some of the other great free performances, concerts and shows happening this summer.
Get ready to mark your calendars — there’s no way you pass up so much free entertainment!
Minneapolis Parks and Recreation hosts ‘Music In The Parks‘ concert series every year. This year there will be more than 200 free performances featuring a variety of music. Here are some of the locations:
• Lake Harriet | Schedule
• Minnehaha Falls | Schedule
• Bryant Square Park | Schedule
• Nicollet Island Park | Schedule
• Father Hennepin Bluffs Park | Schedule
St. Paul Parks are just as full of music they host their own ‘Music In The Parks‘ series featuring bands, dance and choir performances, plays and musicals.
They are also located at various locations around the city (including Como Lakeside Pavilion, Phalen Amphitheatre and Rice Park). Click here for the schedule.
Other Free Concerts
• Alive After 5 (Peavey Plaza – Minneapolis) | Schedule
• Music In Mears (St. Paul) | Schedule
• Riverside Concerts (Rochester) | Schedule
• Under the Bridge (Wabasha) | Schedule
• MN State Fair Free Stage (Falcon Heights) | Schedule will be announced here in May or June
• Centennial Lakes (Edina) | Schedule
• Arts & Culture Events (Duluth) | Schedule
• Concerts in the Park (Buffalo) | Schedule
And remember to bookmark this page — I’ll be updating it all summer long with your free concert suggestions.
If you know of any other deals or free concerts, share them with other ‘Good Lifers’ in the comment section. You can also text WCCODEALS to 84816 for a ‘deals of the week’ reminder.