Trees Of Hope: Donate to Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Alliance at 1-800-542-9226 or click here. | More

House Passes Bill To Expand Gun Laws

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — The Minnesota House has passed a bill that expands the rights of people to defend themselves if they feel they are in imminent danger.

The House passed the bill 79-50 on Saturday night.

The bill sponsored by Rep. Tony Cornish, a Good Thunder Republican and a small-town chief of police, would give a person in a home, car, tent or other dwelling the legal right to decide how much force should be required to defend oneself.

The bill has drawn the ire of gun-control advocates and is opposed by a number of chiefs of police and prosecutors around the state. A spokesman for Gov. Mark Dayton says the governor is likely to take that opposition into account.

The state Senate has not yet voted on the bill.

Comments

1. sick of republicans says:

I HATE SO MANY REPUBLICANS. I DIDNT SAY ALL. JUST MOST. Quit trying to run our lives. Quit trying to make decisions for us….live your own life and leave the rest of us alone. You dont know whats best for each individual. Land of the free my butt!!!! more like, Land of the pushy selfish republicans…..Oh and lets not forget GREEDY

1. Confused says:

You HATE Republicans because a Republican sponsored a bill that allows you to defend yourself? Please explain to me how this bill is trying to run your life. How is this bill selfish and greedy?

1. jimmy says:

This is a great law if someone cuts me off in traffic I’ll just pull my gun and blow them away. I’ll just claim that I was afraid for my life, I can’t wait for the first person to cut me off.

1. Randy says:

And then you will go to jail for life, you moron.

1. Nj says:

You’re dumb, no you’re dumb. Cry, Cry, Cry, go do something productive! Try going outside…

2. DGJ says:

Republicans trying to run our lives!??!?!? All this bill does is give you a CHOICE of how much force you want to use to protect yourself. If you want to roll over and surrender, roll over and surrender. There is nothing in the bill that says you HAVE TO use deadly force. And as for the GOP making decisions for everyone, take a look in the mrror pally. It is the democrats that are forcing nationalized healthcare down the throats of Americans, most of by the way who DO NOT want it in the first place. Get you facts straight before you shoot your mouth off, literally and figuratively

3. ?What? says:

Are you confused?

4. Rick says:

What are you blabbering about? Its the liberal dems that want to control your life? You need to educate yourself and turn conservative! smaller government and lower taxes!

5. Johnny says:

“Quit trying to run our lives…” I think you mean DEMOCRATS.

6. Thomas says:

You are confused. Democrats are trying to be “Big Brother”, expanding the size of government. And, increasing taxes isn’t greedy? Take from the rich and give to the poor, my a–. Take from the taxpayer and bail out the largest corporations. Democrat controlled Congress under Bush and then Democrat controlled Congress under Obama (The greatest control freak of all time.)

7. Cody Robinson says:

You are… Ignorant beyond belief. Please feel free to stop by my home, car, tent or another dwelling on my property so we can discuss your idiotic views.

2. Agree with you says:

@Sick of republicans.

1. Confused says:

So you don’t want the right to defend yourself?

2. John Webster says:

You would be right that I would say that has NOTHING to do with this bill.
      Seeing as it was just voted on less than two hours ago AND has not yet been signed into law. Leave it up to a knee-jerk lefty democrat to completely fail to understand how laws are made.

1. J W says:

Whoops…and then there is the whole senate too!

3. Jim Ignatowski says:

you’re an idiot

4. Rick says:

You are stupid! Dems-Liberals will ruin this great country!!

5. Mark from mntaxwaste.com says:

@Don’t agree with you
      Lets see how many gang members who get killed because they decided to rob someone and they look down the barrel of a gun. You are a fool

6. bigfoot says:

see this is typical from sombody that isnt a gun owner, the ability to defend yourself dosnt mean people are gonna start just shooting eachother, its not gonna increase shootings, its gonna make it so a law abiding person who defends themselves isnt going to end up in prison because they didnt try hard enough to flee their own home, i own 20 plus guns ive never shot anybody never, go to the gun range and take a class, its your constitutional right to own guns, why do people fight their own rights ill never understand this

7. Randy says:

Little story for the ignorant. The Swiss, yes the Swiss have a Law-Every male home owner Must own a gun. They must be trained in gun safety. There murder rate is the lowest on the planet, why? gee, are you or anyone else going to break into a Swiss home knowing that there is some one living there that has a gun and knows how to use it. Does this new bill say that All Felons and nut jobs can have guns? No! Wake up man. Background checks will still be done. You dont have to own one. It’s like you think this bill allows all nuts to go buy guns. Whats wrong with your brain?

8. Ruth says:

The way the law is worded before this bill, the criminal has more rights in my house than I do. It would be more likely for me to be charged that for the criminal. this bill will not cause anymore deaths. Why do you think that any law prohibiting the use of a fireharm will cause less deaths? If you are not allowed to have a drivers licence will there be less accidents?

1. Anita Newhouse says:

Wow. Actually,yes, if there were fewer drivers on the road, there would be fewer accidents. And if there were fewer drivers with cars, there would be fewer “cars” to be stolen and end up in the hands of the criminals you all think are around every corner, at least of your home, car, bike and tent. It’s not rocket science! We really do live in the modern Dark Ages. A post earlier exhorted someone to “get educated and become conservative” This has been scientifically proven to not be the trend, at least for the last 30 years in the US.

3. kevin says:

Hey, Mr. sick of republicans. We’ll run our own lives, as a democrat start paying your own bills and quit being a parisite on the tax payers.

1. Rick says:

Yeah-why don’t they do polls on how many democrats and republicans are on the government payroll . I bet its 90% Dems-10% republicans.

1. Anita Newhouse says:

The actual body of government employees, which by the way has shrunk by 15% in MN over the last 10 years due to attrition, breaks down politically about 50 % Republicans to 50 % DFL. An actual breakdown is not possible because it’s not lawful to request this information from any employees, public or private. This info can be found at the MN legislative information service.

Except for political appointees, more Federal employees are Republican than Democrat, based on public dats gathered from individual political contributuions.. The postal service is filled with Republicans ,many very conservative,. My hubby works there.

4. Sick of Democrats whining says:

Just like you stupid liberals to attack Republicans for upholding the Constitution and allowing people the RIGHT to protect themselves. You made those same comments when the concealed carry law was passed, too. You said it would cause a rash of killings. That didn’t happen. Imagine that. Some people can actually think. We call them Republicans. We’re not like you cowardly liberal Dems who choose to shove your liberal tax paid BS down everyone’s throats (health care, immigration). Get a life, or move to a country that more suits your views (Iraq, Pakistan, Libia, etc).

5. David Gasner says:

I do not agree with most republican stances but this one final is for the people. A few years ago when officer Ryan was shot and killed a citizen shot out the window of the guys car who did it. The police came to the citizens home and went after him. The guy who killed the police officer went on to kill another officer and a police dog. If the citizen had hit the killer he would have had to defend himself from the county and state. This should not be but this is what the judicial branch does, You should not have to be a victom and then have to defend your self from the state. This law does put the power back to the people and it is opposed by some police and some in the state that do not trust the people.

6. GARY says:

IT IS A GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO DEFEND ONES SELF, LETS ALL SEND 50 MILLION DOLLARS TO GET A 200,000 A YEAR JOB [POWER , MONEY, FUN]

7. Bryson Powers says:

Forget the budget problems. Let’s go after gay marriage and let’s implement dumb gun laws. No cop in the state is for this gun law. It’s fixing something that isn’t broken. And by the way,I have a conceal and carry permit so I’m not anti-gun. I’m just anti-irrational.

1. ?? says:

HOo can you stand behind your statement that no cop in this state is for this bill, when it was a cop that wrote it?? Have you talked to ALL the cops in this state? I’m sure they like you speaking for them…

2. Cathy says:

Most cops wont like this law because it takes POWER away from them and gives it back to the citizens of this state. About time Minnesotas start standing up for themselves.

1. M B says:

reality check in aisle one please! pssssst! Not all police are power hungry maniacs looking to subjugate you. In fact not even a small number are. There are very few that are. There’s even psych testing they have to go through before they’ll be hired.

Police don’t care if you protect yourself. Remember, their motto is to Serve and Protect. Barring their ability to do that, they’d rather the rank and file could protect themselves. Just don’t point the gun at them or they will shoot you. Most people are dreadfully ignorant of what happens in the course of police officer’s day. ANY traffic stop could get them killed. Going into a house where a man is beating up a women, and arresting the guy, only to have the woman turn on the cops and start beating THEM is not uncommon. Walking up to a situation where there’s a body and a guy with a gun… who’s actually the shooter, is the person with the gun the good guy or the bad? These are all things cops encounter, yet people only see the demanding side because that’s how they have to be or they don’t get to go home to their own families except in a body bag.

You can put away your tinfoil hat now… at least for this subject.

2. Randy says:

You hit the nail on the head!!! Thank you!

3. Rick says:

Like were going to wait for the police to help us! wake up man!

8. The Iconoclast says:

The law will pass the Senate and there will be no issues – just like the Cocealed Carry law that went into effect several years ago. More sky is falling hyperbole from the truly uninformed….

1. Rick says:

No-its the stupid liberals! How I hate stupid people

9. insignificant says:

you betcha…time to arm up and start blowing the heads off intruders and make the survivors think twice before entering another home or property to cause harm…everyone should have a firearm for defence,’cause your protection is right at hand.

10. Chuck says:

A person would have to be rather stupid to shoot first and ask questions later. The taking of a life is not a matter of just shooting at something moving in the dark(as some peace officers have mentioned numerous times). Most people wouldn’t do it if they had too. Thank goodness to Tony Cornish, he is taking tons of heat from his fellow peace officers for this.

11. GOPSUX says:

All conservatives are pure evil.

1. Cathy says:

and EVERYONE who would say such a stupid thing is a MORON

2. Rick says:

really? most conservatives are Christians. God love them and this great Country!

3. Sick of sick of says:

GOPSUX-

Do you also go by the name of Yelper?

12. Chuck says:

Always living off others isn’t helping our society much either my liberal friend.

13. Artist36 says:

Its about time. The way it is now, if one was arrested 20 years ago far as much as a dwi, that person can forget about ever owning a revolver. Yet some how, some way the criminals are always able to obtain all types of firearms. Only seems fair we all have some sense of defense.

14. Molly says:

Thank all of you that voted for this much needed law. Keep up the good work!!

1. GOPSUX says:

Republican filth.

1. Molly says:

You must be one of those WMD’s-whiny, moany, democrat. Wipe your tears and get over it. Momma will have a nice warm bottle for you real soon…

2. Rick says:

Stupid Liberal!

15. LINDA MCGRATH says:

If you check the records you will see that states that allow you to carry a gun have a lot less murders and crime in general. Guns are your right and I am all for this new bill. I AM A 62 YEAR OLD WOMAN WHO LIKES THE IDEA OF BEING ABLE TO DEFEND MYSELF.

1. Mrlayaround says:

You already could carry guns, HELLO this isn’t the bill

16. littletingod says:

All of you John Wayne wannabes out there make me laugh. The first thing you’d do if someplace where somebody pulled a gun is s**t your pants. You won’t slap leather until it’s far too late and then you’ll probably shoot some poor schmuck bystander instead of the bad guy. I’m more afraid of you than I am of the bad guys.

1. Jason says:

Some people actually know how to use a gun. By the way, your last sentece about sums it up. You are afraid.

2. Rick says:

littletingod has to be a complete stupid- idiot! (liberal) What kind of a comment is that? LOL

1. Guy says:

You do realize that putting “stupid-idiot” and “liberal” in the same sentence is redundant; don’t you ?

17. Dave Campbell says:

This has VETO written all over it!

1. So true! says:

How can it not have VETO written all over it? It is just another GOP show that hadn’t a chance to pass. The GOP nees to spend time on the budget and unemployment rather than play these games. What a joke.

1. Rick says:

Like Mark Dayton is doing anything-I still can’t believe this man was voted in? He was like the worst senator and then the liberals vote him in for Governor? How I get tired of stupid people!

18. NOAH says:

john wayne taught me that a bad person is a bad person . guns or fist is a good alternate or be beat or killed …what kind of a whish would believe you should not protect your own sorry ass from harm …when your dead your dead. good law . you may understand this when some crazy pulls a gun and I pull mine to sAVE YOUR SOORY ASS.

19. Dino says:

Whiners on the left……run and hide. Go cower when someone confronts you with a knife or gun or breaks into your home looking for crack money. As for me I want the right to defend myself when I’m walking down the street and be able to return to my family. As for the police. They are useless and simply come to the scene of a crime, almost never in time to prevent a crime. So we are out here on our own. Maybe the police should start walking the beats again like they used to do. That would prevent crime. Or maybe ride a bike and get rid of that tire around their waists. Way too many fat police officers that cannot participate in a foot pursuit……So let the people defend themselves and let the muggers and robbers think and be afraid that the easy mark may be not only carrying a concealed weapon but does not have to retreat to do so…….More freedom , not less.

20. HUGE MISTAKE says:

I used to deliver computer tapes to various places around town early in the morning (between midnight and 6 AM). One night I had to go to a site where I had to push a button near the back door to alert the computer operator that I had tapes for them. I could not find the button. There was a guard house nearby so with the tapes in my hand I approached the guard house. The guard came out of the house with a shotgun saying I was trying to break in. With the nose of the gun just inches from my face, this furious guard insisted I was lying to him. Frightened and shaking I asked him why I would be carrying these tapes and why does my truck have that name on its side. He did not care. He told me I had seconds to get back in my truck and leave. He followed me to the truck with the gun in my back. He was drunk, that is what I was told me the next day. The company apologized for the incident. Okay, I can easily see how some fools can do some foolish things with a gun and with the mindset that they have this right to shoot first and ask questions after, somebody is going to get killed. Although it would be certain under many cases of foolish fatal shootings and they would be convicted, that does nothing for the innocent dead person. This bil if made law is a huge mistake.

1. Jason says:

You deliver computer tapes for a company to another company. What does that have to do with home invaison? What about a weapon used agaisnt you in a car jacking? My NEIGHBOR was a victim of a home invaison the perps pistol whipped him and beat him severly while the others cleaned out the house. He was unconscious and was continually beaten. You see, for some violence is a drug. Sometimes you need more than others, usually more than the last though.

1. HUGE MISTAKE says:

No, I used to deliver computer tapes back in the early 80’s. Times have changed since then. The point is that there are going to be those who are not in the proper state of mind and will have the mindset to pull a trigger on somebody for no valid reason. Certainly this guard was not in the position to be guarding this place, nor should he have had access to a gun and ready and willing to use it. The bottom line is that self-defense is a very complicated area of the law, and you can make some broad, general statements about it, but most self-defense cases are very fact-specific. And the only way to determine whether or not there is justification is for the jury to make that determination. That is how Minnesota law works now and I feel it is a good law. The bill that passed the house here is a huge mistake.

1. PJ says:

This incident has nothing to do with someone protecting themselves, their home, or family from an intruder. The only specific fact that would matter in that case is that an intruder unlawfully entering a home is an inherent threat to the safety of the homeowner and his family.

1. HUGE MISTAKE says:

Well it does PJ. The guard said I was intruding. And I was in the back of the building where people other than deliver people would go. I think most people can see my point PJ.

1. Jason says:

No, i dont think most get your point. Your story, dosent relate. Wouldnt want that to happen to me, and glad you came out of that okay.

2. PJ says:

What does this law have to do with an armed security guard who was supposedly trained and bonded by his employers?

21. Jason says:

Expanding gun laws to law-abiding citizens= good. Simple as that.

22. tuna-free dolphin says:

These moronic liberal comments make this a target rich environment. The first comment is especially funny. Now republicans want to control lives? Project much? Liberals are constantly telling us what we can eat, where and whether we can smoke, which words are permissible, whether we have to wear a seat belt, whether we can throw our cans in the garbage, which days we can water, where we can park, who we can hire or not hire, how long our grass can be, and that’s the short list. These new less restricting gun laws have been getting enacted all over the country in recent years and where ever they have the crime rates go down. Personally I don’t care if they do. My right to carry for protection has nothing to do with crime rates. The people who own and carry legally have never been the ones committing crimes.

23. D.L. says:

It,s about time ! We get our rights back. There are so many strangers in our neighborhood at night and lines of traffic buzzing down our county road. I keep wondering when they are going to stop at our house
    maybe in the afternoon and try to break in. A homeowner should have the right to protect his family. This bill is right on the money!

24. Innocent Victim says:

Does this mean I can pull out a gun and shoot the dumb-ass St. Paul Cop who doesn’t know what’s in the constitution, and assaults me without cause?

1. deal-w-it says:

I’m sure you did nothing wrong, your just a great human being who a random police officer decided to single out and beat you.

25. RIII says:

This is a step in the right direction. Hard working people need to take back this country from the liberal idiots that protect criminals with “sensible gun laws” and support them with welfare. Citizens should not be punished for protecting their lives or the lives of others. Chiefs of police and prosecutors are our employees and not a special class of citizen that should have more rights than their employer.

26. factdealer says:

Gotta wonder about this a little, the state points out no1 has ever been charged defending themselves in their home, so i gotta kind of wonder the need for this bill. I believe you will see people simply inviting some1 they have a disagreement with over to their house then shooting them. I know this bill now includes cars, tents and so on. I give it 2 months b4 the 1st questionable shooting. Glad i live in an area with human beings, ive never felt threatened anywhere in my town, my house or car.

1. RIII says:

factdealer
      You have your facts wrong. I know firsthand a person that was charged defending himself in his home during a break-in. It cost a fortune for defense against the state. But I guess 30 years ago does not count.

1. Factpointer says:

Really 30 years ago? Do you know how rare it was for a homeowner to have a pistol then? Our gun laws are quite lax now, call your chief of police and ask him if in the modern day of gun rights has a home owner ever been charged, and found guilty. You already had the right to shoot an intruder, I can’t wait for the 1st woman to tell her x=husband to come over so thay can talk then when he walks in her new boyfriend can blow his head off, hopefully a friend of yours, then you may understand

27. Eddie says:

QUOT: “Gee lets see how many deaths and murders we have now. But I’m sure no one will say it has anything to do with this new bill.”

The same drivel was shouted when Florida expanded Castle Doctrine several years ago, yet the streets aren’t running red with blood, no shootouts at Walmart. What the sheeple fail to realize is a law abiding citizen isn’t going to suddenly go “postal” just because the law changed.

28. BIGFOOT says:

hey guess what people
    THE BAD GUYS HAVE GUNS, THE BAD GUYS DONT CARE ABOUT LAWS!!
    THESE GUN LAWS ARE FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE??????

29. deal-w-it says:

Where do all you people live, Glad i wasn’t stupid enough to buy a home in any of these areas. No1 had ever been charged attacking some1 that came into their home, seems pointless. Bigfoot maybe a friend or family member of yours drunk 1 day tries to get into some1 car on accident and their shot to death, then you’ll be back opening your yap

1. Jason says:

I have some news for you buddy, people do all kinds of stupid things when thier drunk. More news for ya, accidents happen everyday. Maybe if everyone took a second to think about thier actions and how it could affect themselves and other around them all could benefit. Accountability.

1. dah-der-dolt says:

So your o.k. if your family member steps into a car or yard accidently and is shot on the spot. Good to know, Minnesota had 0 people charged prior to this law who defended themselves so not sure the point of bill;

1. Jason says:

Who just hops into a random car anyway? Your argument is invalid.

2. deal-w-it says:

Accountability to you is being shot for cutting across a yard, i understand thats not the point of the bill, but now we will see these things happen. I mean you could already carry a gun around, and shoot some1 that was endangering you.

1. Jason says:

Individualism, personal accoutability. Sounds scary dosent it? I mean how else can you get through life without someone else holding your hand at every bend. Does anyone make decisions for themselves anymore?

1. dah-der-dolt says:

You can already walk the streets strapped with a gun, so you need this law for what? You can already shoot an intruder. I guarantee you on your life i understand accountability more than you, here are some examples if you bought a house on an arm and let the bank take it back your a joke, no accountability, if your on unemployment for more than a few months your a joke, i havn’t been unemployed 1 day since i was 15, but your flat out saYING if your friend cut across a yard at midnight you condone him being shot to death… You understand this NO 1 HAS EVER BEEN CHARGED FOR SHOOTING AN INTRUDER DO YOU UNDERSTAND…………………………………………….this law won’t make every person go buy a gun now, because we can shoot intruders we already could.

1. Jason says:

Yeah, thats what im saying shooting a friend who is walking through my yard…… What are you on? Are you serious?

1. dah-der-dolt says:

Im saying what if your friend cuts through some1 else yard and is shot, then thats o.k. with you? Read it again i never said cut through your yard. Im saying this will only open the door to some questionable shootings is all im trying to say. You already could shoot some1 in self defense.

2. Randy says:

Do you think a Judge in a case of someone Shooting someone for cutting across someones lawn is going to say O.K., that was Good judgement on the shooters part? Everyone just go home now and have a nice day? The shooter is going to jail. Dont be such an idiot. Oh and by the way, the 2nd ammendment is my permit- by the way. There is No argument. End of story. Bye bye now.

1. dah-der-dolt says:

Walking rearend, there probably won’t be video footage of the incident, you just said it the 2nd amendment gives you the right why do you need this bill?

30. Dumb bill says:

Those who support gun control and those who want no control over guns both have valid and invalid points and both go to one extream or another to push their goals. Our goverment is setup for those who oppose each other to come to some sort of comprimise. Just because the GOP has a majority does not mean there is no need to comprimise. For issues such as this both parties need to work together.This bill is opposed by many law enforcement people and I wonder why their voice is drowned out by people who say this is the only logical and right way to do things.

1. Randy says:

Dear ‘Dumb bill’, the 2nd amendment is law. It is my RIGHT to own a gun-Not a privilage. Is this not true? Why this talk is even taking place is beyond me. People who want to own guns-will own guns. It’s there right. It is in the PEOPLES bill of rights. Why are we talking? Everyone wake the hell up, Please.

1. captainobvious says:

Do you breathe on your own or by machine? This is totally different, Im fine with conceal and carry, this is loosening it a little bit

2. Dumb bill says:

Is this not true? Randy, the 2nd amendment allows for states to be as restrictive or non-restrictive as they wish. States may prohibit or encourage firearms. The 2nd amendment also allows for federal regulations to ban certain weapons and ammunition including the devices that deliver ammunition to the weapon. We have made modifications to our constitution since it was first written. The 2nd amendment can also be modified and has been modified since it was written. You have the right to bear arms and under that right you have restrictions and control. That is how our government works in this country. You cannot take the claim that you have the right to free speech and then use that free speech to say certain things – you cannot use your freedom of speech to threaten the president for example. One side of this issue has taken a far right extreme view and has presented outrageous stories of fiction as if it is fact to prove they are “real Americans” when in fact there facts are non-sense. This is a dumb law based on nothing other than to win those “real Americans” over to vote their way. This bill is just a show.

31. betty says:

yeah give more nuts guns. Look at what is going on this country? Why are more and more people who support gun laws refuse to acknowledge that it is only opening for nutts on the street with guys. Children are being killed in schools But then argue that the NRA and all their nutty supports keeping telling us “guns don’t kill people, people kill people” yeah but they are using guns to kill.

1. Randy says:

Kitchen steak knives also kill. Want to out law those to? Why not?

32. Patriot says:

The DemocRATS oppose this bill because they want to disarm all Freedom loving Christian Americans, to make it easier for Federal officers and UN troops to round up those who oppose their secular humanist international agenda. Don’t let Barak Hussein Osama steal our liberty!

1. King says:

The so call christians and osama all of them , belong in the some boat !

33. Bob says:

The same people who are over reacting to this bill are the same people who said that blood would be running in the street over the permit to carry. Law enforcement was also against that law. It passed, people are safer and life goes on. This bill provides you protection from lawsuits in the event you must defend yourself or family. Another part of this bill is that government cannot confiscate weapons, during hurricane Katrina the mayor of New Orleans ordered that weapons be confiscated from citizens. This left them defenseless against thugs and hoodlums. Who thought this could happen in America.

1. Randy says:

I hate to tell Everyone to just be quiet and read Your bill of rights and cut through all this clutter, but do it. paying attention to #2. It’s already your right and mine. if I want to own a gun, I will. The Law says I can. The End.

1. derduh says:

Wake up……………………………….This isn’t a bill to be able to carry, its a bill allowing you to shoot some1 that is in your space, and maybe threatening to you.

1. Bob says:

DERDUM, apparently you haven’t read the bill either. As usual you liberals just react on pure emotion, no intelligence at all.

34. jeff says:

this has nothing to do with dems, republicans, christians…..this has to do with protecting yourself, whatever your race or religion is. they don’t get much more liberal than me and yet no dem has come out and answered any of the questions that have been asked? how does taking away law abiding citizens guns (a tool for protection) protect them from criminals? how does that make us more safe? obviously nobody really wants to just go down the street and get into an arguement and just kill people. that’s not what this bill is about. i would like to think that if someone was going to killl someone that it would be for a darn good reason.

35. Yelper says:

This is not about protecting oneself…

It’s about an inadequacy problem if you know what I mean😉 These gun freaks have a short barrel…LOL

36. Bob says:

Ha Ha Ha Soooo True!!!

Republicans… Frequently Ignorant Always Inadequate!!!

37. Bob says:

Yelper, how is that new job working out or did you get fired again ??? Your mom really wants you out of the basement…..

38. Randy says:

This talk should Not even be taking place. It is your 2nd amendment Right, did you catch that? It is already your Right to own one. The Government is Trying Very hard to Cloud our minds here. It is ALREADY YOUR RIGHT to own a gun. Has everyone forgot this? What is going on here! The 2nd amendment IS MY PERMIT.! Come on, wake up from your naps. It’s already your Right. Dont let Anyone tell you other wise.

1. Bob says:

Randy, I think you are extremely naive. Try exercising your Second Amendment rights in Illinois. The Second Amendment allows you to Keep and Bear arms. Try that in Wisconsin or Illinois. This bill does so much more than you think or maybe you don’t think things through very well.

39. Gun owner says:

Bill or no bill. Legal or not. I will shoot anyone dead who brakes into my house. And if a cop is stupid enough to brake into my house in the middle of the night without identifying himself at the top of his lungs then he better have a vest on.

1. Wow! says:

I don’t own a gun. Yet if somebody was breaking into my house I would assume they could harm my wife and children. I would call 911 first and then do anything I can do to stop them. Yet I don’t understand why somebody needs to be trigger happy shooting anybody and anything if they don’t make it absolutly sure who they are. I once ran to a neighbor aid who had two men bust into his home while he had guest playing cards. They ran out and excaped into another house with a door open. We had no choice but to go in after them. I think if I run the chance to get killed by some trigger happy fool I would have to sit back and let it all happen around me without stepping in to help. We either all wear guns and chew or not.