Felony Suspect Dies Fleeing From Police
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A felony suspect died in a crash after fleeing police in Minneapolis Thursday night.
The incident began after police responded to a report of an assault near 28th Street East and 31st Avenue South at about 6:30 p.m.
Police located the car and attempted to pull it over. The car led police on a chase for a few minutes until it went through an intersection without yielding the right of way.
The car was struck by two cars on Lake Street.
All four passengers in the car had to be extricated by fire crews. The driver was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Police said the driver who fled was wanted for being a felon in possession of a dangerous weapon. The front seat passenger was wanted in a narcotics case, and will be booked after he’s released from HCMC.
Conditions on the back seat passengers weren’t released.
No one in the other cars involved in the crash had life-threatening injuries.