Body Recovered From Mississippi River In St. Paul

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — St. Paul police are investigating whether a body recovered from the Mississippi River is that of a 21-year-old man missing since Friday.

A barge operator spotted the body of a man Monday about 9:30 p.m. in the river near the St. Paul Downtown Airport. The body was not immediately identified.

Peter Aguilar was last seen biking away from a home in St. Paul about 2 a.m. Friday. Investigators believe he may have ridden his bike to the Wabasha Street bridge. Police say about an hour later a woman reported hearing a person in the Mississippi River yelling for help. She said she spotted someone in the river but couldn’t tell if that person was a man or woman. The St. Paul Pioneer Press says authorities searched the river, but didn’t find anyone.

Comments

1. JamieinMN says:

Oh this is sad:-/

2. Sam I am says:

Suicide is a permanent solutoin to a temporary problem. Its so very sad when there are options out there to help people.

1. JamieinMN says:

You’re right, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem, but this has not been verified as a suicide.

1. Northern Minnesota says:

Exactly. No mention of suicide. Don’t jump to conclusions there Sam I am.

3. red says:

Sam I am- Dumb comment when it there has not been any determination on what happened yet. If someone was yelling for help, perhaps they fell in and it was an ACCIDENT?!

4. Les Johnson says:

I don’t think it was a dumb comment.

Perhaps he took a grief-stricken swan dive into the river and then realized it wasn’t what he wanted, but it was too late? Either way, suicide can’t be ruled out yet.

What motivates someone to take off at 2am on his bike and head to a bridge? I can only think of a few motivating factors that fit the bill if I’m profiling this case.

1. JustSayin says:

Maybe he was biking home? It’s possible his home was across the river. Doy!

5. Momma of 2 says:

No matter how this happened, my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

May God hold you close during this time of grief and pain.

1. Momma of 2 says:

Les,

Is this a “venue” for being an insensitive jerk???

2. Momma of 2 says:

Dear Les,

YOU need to grow-up and learn what’s appropriate and what’s not. I’d say your rude and insensitive comments don’t belong on here!!!! I don’t believe in posting such hurtful things. You don’t know what happened to this young man. This could have been completely accidental. The only one who has answers is God and that’s not you, so get over yourself already!!

You are a jerk and you obviously don’t have a heart. GROW UP!!!!!!

1. Les Johnson says:

What? Why?

What did I say that was rude or inappropriate? What hurtful things? Why am I a jerk without a heart?

I think it’s YOU who needs to grow up. Or learn to read. Or both.

2. Les Johnson says:

You grow up. I haven’t said anything insensitive. Only you have. You should be ashamed of yourself. You really need to grow up, jerk.

1. Momma of 2 says:

How original Les!

3. Sanity says:

Are you pot or kettle? You discuss freedom of speech AFTER bashing someone for his post. You say others only use put downs because they are insecure about themselves AFTER you resort to name calling.

1. Momma of 2 says:

Sanity –

Did this conversation involve you?? Didn’t think so. Mind your own business!!!

6. Mommy of 4 says:

Another young man whose life ended in the Mississippi! I won’t allow my grown sons down there. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

7. Deanna says:

Don’t think he rode his bicycle to kill himself somewhere. Probably went for a swim & ended up drowning. Too bad. He could have gotten mugged & thrown over.

8. Les Johnson says:

You grow up. I didn’t say anything inappropriate. You did. Twice now.

1. Momma of 2 says:

On top of everything else you’re also delusional. Great!!!

1. Les Johnson says:

I’ve reported your comments for being in violation of the terms of service.

Now please detail for me anything I’ve said that is rude, insensitive or inappropriate please.

I’m waiting.

1. Momma of 2 says:

Good for you. I see they haven’t done anything about my comments yet, so you just might be making nothing into something! I If you can take the heat then get out of the kitchen.

Your comment about “taking a swan dive into the river” was not called for and completely unnecessary. All I did was show my sincere concern towards the family and friends, of this man, and you’re calling me out for that?? I think this “venue” is a place where one can express to the families how sorry they are and that they are praying for them. Unless you aren’t human, this shouldn’t be a concern for you!

IF you would mind your own business and not mine, we wouldn’t even be having this conversation right now!!! Have you heard of freedom of speech??

1. Les Johnson says:

first you say my comment is uncalled for and unnecessary, and in the same dang breath you say you have freedom of speech.

Guess what, lady, so do I. So get off your high horse and eat another bon bon, tubby.

1. Momma of 2 says:

Reallly?? That’s all you’ve got?? “Eat another Bon Bon, Tubby.” Hahahaha.

You do know those that put down others are insecure about themselves, right?? I’ll pray for you.

1. Les Johnson says:

No. Actually, you missed the part where you showed yourself to be an illiterate hypocrite. The funny part is you didn’t even realize you contradicted yourself in consecutive sentences. I am laughing at you, and I pity you. Don’t waste your time praying to the clouds. Quit being afraid of the dark.

1. Momma of 2 says:

Les –

I could tell from the get-go that you have an evil heart. I WILL be praying for you … as you can use all the prayers you can get.

IF you would have minded your own business in the first place and not commented on my original post, you wouldn’t be so worked up!!!!

In the future why don’t you stick to your own business. After reading your comments, I think you need to pay more attention to yourself than others.

God Bless You😉

2. Les Johnson says:

I’m the only one NOT worked up. I’m laughing at you, to be honest, because you just don’t get it.

If you reread your own comments, you’ll see that you blew a gasket pretty much immediately. There’s really no debating that, and you can’t go back and delete your little tantrum that’s there for all to see.

I noticed you had no problem with the other comments, but instead singled mine out and insulted me based on it. All I said is maybe he jumped and then regretted it, and you completely lost your cool and flipped out. Let’s not try and pretend that didn’t happen.

It’s YOU who needs to mind your own business, and also, if you know someone who experiences a loss, don’t post your sympathies in an online newspaper comment section. If you actually cared, you would have called them or visited them personally.

3. Momma of 2 says:

Les,

Say what you want – Think what you want. I am done wasting my time with your pointless comments.

You are entitled to your opionion and I am entitled to mine! Have a nice life.

^^^^^^

4. Les Johnson says:

That’s fine, don’t let the door hit you on the way out. You won’t be missed.

And again, the only pointless comments on this whole thread of comments on this article belong to you.

I’m willing to bet you have ZERO education. I’m already having a nice life, thanks.

5. Realy??? says:

This message is for Les …

You sound like the one who is making pointless comments to me! Momma of 2 made some very good points and I feel her wishing the family and friends well was absolutely appropriate. This world needs MORE people that care and offer condolences, rather than people like who who are cold, selfish people who obvioulsy have a head bigger than they can handle.

Get a grip on yourself and learn what’s really important in life. You sound like an arrogant prick!!!

9. Momma of 2 says:

You are entitled to your opionion and I am entitled to mine! Have a nice life.

^^^^^^