Local Rapper’s Burned Body Discovered In St. Paul Alley

— A 30-year-old Brooklyn Park man found dead and burned in a St. Paul alley has been identified as a popular local rapper.

The family of the victim, identified as Quincy Blue, says he had a longtime fiancé, was a father of two and studied business at DeVry. He was also widely recognized for his music with a local hip hop group, Street Kingz.

“As far as the music career, he pretty much introduced Minnesota to the rap game, in my opinion,” said close family friend Marquis Bolden, who called Blue a local celebrity.

Through his music, Bolden says he influenced many.

“A positive role model at that, not negative into gang activity, he just primarily wanted to see the African American male progress in their life, he set that example for us,” said Bolden.

His family and friends don’t know how he ended up in the St. Paul alley, but they do know he will be mourned by many.

Keisha Parker, the sister of Blue’s longtime fiancé, says he was studying business because he had ambitions of growing in the music industry and opening up his own record label.

“He touched a lot of people out here and by losing him, it hurts so bad,” said Parker.

As police search for leads, his family is baffled, wondering who would end the life of a man who they say inspired many.

“Whoever it is that did this, I expect for you to turn yourself in as soon as possible, because, as a community, we can’t go through this anymore, this will take a toll on the community, not just his family,” said Bolden.

Blue’s family says this is the second homicide to hit their family in two years. Blue’s fiancé’s brother, 19-year-old Kyle Parker, was gunned down in North Minneapolis in April of 2009.

The Ramsey County Medical Examiner’s Office will determine the cause of death.

No arrests have been made in this incident.

1. :/ says:

They have video on YouTube of him at a club .

2. bro says:

Keep your comments to yourself let me tell you something a person like q has respect for everyone treats everyone the same there are two differences between people a harsh person and a loving man a harsh person has a bad attitude, fight, rob,steal,hurt people’s feelings don’t take care of home etc! A person like q do everything to not do these things what ever a man does as long he isn’t hurting anyone who gives a shish! He was very far from a thug i know people that are bad people including someone in my family that got murdered i can’t say he is this great person but for q he is a wonderful person!

3. bro says:

Daytons you don’t even know what is going on out here q dont wear no air jordans and plus he go to school so what are you saying there are people out here that are good people but what does air jordans haave to do with it the big people who murder people and create this type of world for everyone isn’t wearing jordans either!

1. thatgirl says:

How is it people even type in ebonics? If you speak and write properly, you will be taken more seriously.

1. Ben says:

If you listened to the content of the message, rather than picked apart people for their grammar, maybe you’d contribute something worth reading. Right now, people take you less seriously than those you cut down.

Way to contribute.

1. Ben says:

Because it is a vernacular -a way of speaking specific to a particular subset of a larger population. Blacks in England speak with a similar vernacular, you don’t notice it because it just sounds British to you (it is parodied by Sasha Baron Cohen through his character Ali G).

2. Jaybar says:

Les if you have to qualify your statement with I am not racist for asking this, the coment is most likely racist, or with racist intent.

3. ty says:

This is actually not true and you portray your ignorance by making this false claim. Blacks, in every country where we are minorities, speak with accents quite distinct from the mainstream. Blacks in the United States (including educated, cultured ones like Barack Obama) speak with a different accent; Blacks in England also have quite distinct British accents that differ from the mainstream and are NOT like Rickey Gervais; Blacks in Brazil speak Portuguese with a distinct accent that can immediately be detected even over the telephone and the same can be said of Blacks in the Dominican Republic who speak Spanish. I’m guessing you’re white, from a medium-sized town in the United States, speak one language and have never travelled more than 300 km from your hometown

2. More Seriously!?! says:

more seriously? people are either going to take you seriously or not! how about you learn how to construct a sentence before criticizing others.

4. Lashay Coleman says:

For somebody who will have a CLOSED CASKET and for somebody to LOSE HIS LIFE you guys are only interested if he was a role model or a bubble gum rapper or gangsta rapper…WHY DOES IT FU***ING MATTER?????? HIS WIFE NICOLE WILL HAVE LOST 2 WONDERFUL PEOPLE in 2 YEARS!!!

1. tn says:

He ain’t got no wife. He just another irresposible black man, Come on “baby mamas”. Tell it like it is with this peice of poo-poo.

5. Lashay Coleman says:

1. NC says:

Follow MLK’s advice and judge people by the content of their character.

2. BlessedNow BlessedAlways says:

Mr Johnson it seems as if you are here to pick at ppl who are vulnerable with their feelings right now… There is no need to respond if you dont have anything supportive to say. At this point it feels as if you are preying on ppls vulnerability. How you feel about BLACK ppl or rappers or ppl who you dont agree with has no place in a situation like this. You really ought to back off and let ppl vent & feel. We as humans when we dont have a figure to point the finger at will vent and display our emotional state on our sleeve. You really can erupt some negative reactions from ppl at this time, so I am asking respectfully, allow ppl to be who they are. If they dont pay your bills or contribute to who you are as a person, just let it be… It is a time for unity NOT division.. You would want ppl to allow you the right to express yourself just the same #Peacenblessingstopeopleallover

1. Les Johnson says:

I’m not picking at anybody, sir.

I was merely making a clarification on one comment, and questioning the unwarranted and unnecessary anger at the commenters here by another. If you want to vent in such a manner, I highly suggest you not do it on a public forum where your (not you specifically) thinly veiled threats won’t be out there for all to see.

1. YHBT says:

Nice trolling technique – agitate, and then write as though you were simply trying to make a “clarification”. Everyone else is just so ill tempered. Who should be angry at Les? He was politely minding his business on the internet. He even called you “sir”. So polite and nice; not inflammatory at all. Les just wanted to find out if Lashay was an African American female, and whether or not she was angry. What’s wrong with that? Les thought that, perhaps, he could help out.

2. Jaybar says:

LES STOP TAKING EVERYTHING AS A THREAT, Maybe you should go work in your interpersonal relationships. There is a word for people like you and the word is toxic.

6. reality check says:

The ‘Street Kingz’ music was terrible thug-rap that glorified drugs and gangs. Even for the genre it is simply awful. While my sincere thoughts go out to the family, I don’t see how anyone can be surprised. The lyrics consist of spraying people with bullets, making money off the drug trade, and taunting rivals to violence. This needs to send a message to today’s youth that this behavior and lifestyle is unacceptable and will get you know where but killed or in jail. It is quite unfortunate that something like this happens but hopefully those surviving will make some life changes.

1. Timmy says:

@reality check

7. brother says:

People don’t understand Mr reality check you of all a rap song may be about those things but look at tv same thing it is to get rich who gives a shi whats said in a song look at this metal and alternative music cutting wrists and committing suicide !

1. really says:

Who is cutting wrists and committing suicide?
      Most of that hasn’t happened since, well, 94 when Cobain killed himself.

A few others have passed on due to drug abuse.

Cutting wrists? That was like, in 96 with Manson.

2. samdunn says:

when was the last time you heard of a “metal” or “alternative” rocker causing violence in downtown minneapolis outside of Karma? don’t fool yourself into thinking that they are any way similar to the lifestyle glorified by rap/hip hop.

3. Josh says:

I can’t quite read or make sense of what you are trying to say, but I do agree that music is unfairly targeted when it comes to violence. Movies and TV are just as big of a problem, but there is not as big of an independent movement to produce violent movies and tv shows are there are people producing music.

8. bro says:

reality check you dont have a clue

1. tom says:

sounds like he said the truth and it hurts you

1. BlessedNow BlessedAlways says:

sounds like you are here to bring racial tension to the table. The pain is not in what you say, the pain is in the way you communicate it… we all are entitled to how we feel. It is with respect that you voice that and NOT in a situation where ppl are looking for comfort, consolidation and support… You are the type of person who is a wolf in sheeps clothing. You wait for ANY opportunity to knock rather than build. My only hope is that when something like this hits close to home for you, that you are allowed to feel and vent and communicate without someone just like you trying to rob you of that opportunity…

1. Timmy says:

Sounds like you are the one adding race to this discussion thread. “reality check” did not post anything about race. The topic of their post was about a lifestyle choice. That lifestyle choice may have contributed to the death of this man.

9. Disgraceful says:

What is wrong with u ppl disrespecting that man regardless of anything he was still human & it’s not ok for ppl to go around murdering & setting ppl on fire. As far as y he was out at 3 am that shouldn’t matter he’s a grown man & should b able to what he pleases. His wife lost a husband & friend his children lost a father his mother lost a son that’s not far to them & bcuz of this senseless mess they wont be able to say goodbye to open casket. Some of u should b ashamed 4 the things u are saying. I find sad that media brings up ones past after they’ve been found murder when the criminal history or past shouldn’t matter the fact still remains that they were murdered & the killer should be brought to justice. Some of you guys are making it about race BUT whites, blacks, Latinos, Asians etc… kill or get killed everyday have some respect. I dnt know Quincy but I know Nicole & the both of them did VERY positive things for their community ESPECIALLY when the tornado hit. it’s tragic that this has struck their family. Instead bringing them dwn with your hatred why dnt u pray for them & justice. Rest N Love Quincy

Who you callin “u ppl??”

Sorry, I had to. LOL

1. Disgraceful says:

When I said u ppl I’m talking about all the ones putting him dwn regardless of what he was doing or how he did it he was still a human being & he’s dead now at least show a lil respect

2. Jaybar says:

shaking my head in your general direction

10. NC says:

R.I.P. Quincy. See you when I get there….

11. NC says:

Show some respect.

1. tom says:

sounded repectful to me

1. NC says:

You and I must have a different definition of respect.

1. Ben says:

Tom and Michael are trolls. They write to incite. You’re better than they are NC, and remember… don’t feed the trolls!

12. tom says:

agreed, and it isn’t music, just alot of worthless noise

1. Osmo says:

In your opinion it might be a lot of worthless noise, but to say that it isn’t music is ridiculous. True, it’s rhythmically based rather than melodically based -but that doesn’t mean it’s not music

2. just sayin says:

I second… anytime I hear BOOM BOOOM BOOOOOOOOOOOOM BOOM BOOOM BOOOOOOOOOM I think, geez that is a lot of booming noise.

Where is the melody, or better yet, TALENT. Anyone can program a drum machine. Worthless!

1. Support Local Hip Hop says:

You actually have to go to college to be a studio engineer and out of all the high tech expensive studio equipment there is out there non of it goes by the name of drum machine.

1. Les Johnson says:

Describe for me what an “808” is then, please…

1. okay you got me says:

outdated by over a decade and not in a modern day studio.

1. Les Johnson says:

808s are used still, and frequently. I don’t think you’ve been in many studios.

1. 808s says:

Actual Roland TR-808s are rarely used. ProTools has an 808 program that can be added onto an existing drum track. You can use live drums, or create your own pattern, but it’s done entirely on ProTools now.

2. nope says:

You are clueless dude. No you don’t.

13. fred says:

everybody’s a music critic…

14. pay attention to phil! says:

Everybody!!! Phil Mcrackin needs needs attention. But he’s too scared to do it in person, so he does it on the internet!!!

1. Phil Mcrackin says:

I left a comment therefore I must need attention, btw your nuts.

1. NC says:

They may or may not be nuts, but you are definitely a coward for making comments like yours anonymously over the internet when I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t say a thing face to face with Q’s loved ones.

1. just sayin says:

Dat caz ya’ll be packin heat caz u need thoz 9s foo

2. just sayin says:

Dat caz ya’ll be packin heat caz u need thoz 9s foo

1. just sayin what? says:

Unadulterated buffoonery… Those words describe you as best as any.

3. Les Johnson says:

“I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t say a thing face to face with Q’s loved ones.”

That sounds like a thinly veiled threat.

You should probably be more discerning with your “watch your back” comments in public.

1. Jari Razskazoff says:

I did not mean to leave “agreed” in this thread

2. NC says:

Not threatening anyone. Just stating the obvious. That is all. If I wanted to hurt someone, which I don’t, I wouldn’t warn them first.

3. NC says:

I wasn’t threatening him. Just telling him he’s a coward. It’s my right as an American.

1. NC says:

See how that works, Les?

No. Tell me again.

4. Jaybar says:

Les your a tool, nobody is telling you to watch your back in public. They are saying you would not say any of this to the family of Quincy in person so do not say it on the internet.

4. Jari Razskazoff says:

5. WE LOVE U Q! says:

I am w/you NC all these ppl talking bad bout him can go to hell they don’t even know him and for them to be saying things like they are they should feel really bad bout them selfs and have a MORE RESPECT for his family and friends that are dealing w/the lost of a GREAT PERSON….

15. Derh basker says:

A tragedy no matter how you look at it,

16. Jeff says:

Wcco has pretty much turned into a hate site I see…I wish they would require you to put in more info before commenting maybe that would pipe down some of you! Cowards spreading hate on wcco news what awesome members of society…enjoy your annonymous reteric! As for Q and his family my condolences!

17. Brittany Alexander says:

Que is loved and will be missed by many ppl. No matter what anybody says or think, you were a man of god, respect and family! And you will always be remembered for your charm and dedication to positive role-modeling in the african-american community. Outsiders looking in will always think and beleive what they want to beleive, but they have NO IDEA on how deep of a wound your loss has left on the hearts of many ppl. Anybody who can even have the heart or mind to write anything negative this morning should really wake up and realize that this could of been them. My heart and prayers go out to everybody affected by this horrible act, and I will continue to keep a positive mind about this tragedy. We love you Que! This still seems unreal, but know that time heals everything, and we know that you got our backs from heaven!

1. Les Johnson says:

“we know that you got our backs from heaven!”

No offense, but what does this even MEAN??

1. Twinkledawn says:

It means she believes he’s looking out for them from heaven. Are you a moron? And why does it matter?

2. Jaybar says:

Seriously Les, let it go. Just because you have no compassion for the human experience and are bashing people for commenting here, doesn’t mean other people don’t have the right to post how they feel.

1. Les Johnson says:

I didn’t “bash” anybody. I asked what the comment was supposed to mean. Back off.

18. Mpls21 says:

Hmmm… retraction/correction coming? Quinn, or someone with access to Quinn’s Facebook page just wrote:
    Please note: Reports of my demise have been greatly exagerrated!! Quinn Blue

19. ShakingMYhead says:

Its quite baffling how twisted minded and heartless many of you people that left comments are. My heart is in grievence for this man and his family PERIOD! It doesn’t matter how you look at it, someone lost their life in an inappropiate way and all people can talk about is his music, or he must have been a gangster, or a drug dealer or etc, and that’s pathetic and sad. How dare you talk so low about someone, what if that was his dream to be an artist/rapper, or say he should have been working a legit job and this would have never happend to him!!!!!!!!!??? You act as though your life has been squeeky clean and never made a mistake! What if that was your family memeber that was found beyond recognition, or your love one, or your friend???? And lastly, ALL black men aren’t out here selling drugs, or gang bangin! I come from a family where BOTH my parents have their masters AND BOTH my brothers and sister have their bachelors and I am a business owner and were all BLACK! And there are MANY MANY MANY MANY black men and woman in MINNEAPOLIS, who are persuing the same thing and are successsful, and there are some that aren’t unfortunately! But that’s in EVERY culture, in every city, in this nation! As I close, I want to pray for the family, Lord in the name of Jesus, I am asking you to send your healing powers to the family of the victim. Lord I ask that you bring them peace during the time of tragedy. Lord you said where we are weak you will be stong. I pray for the fiance and his children in the name of Jesus, that you bring them comfort oh God. You said you will be a father to the fatherless oh God. I plea the BLOOD of Jesus over their minds right now that they will keep their mind stayed on you! Bring them comfort in the mighty name of Jesus!!!! No child deserves to grow up without their father in their life! And Lord I ask that you give NO REST AND NO PEACE to the person(s) who committed this act until they turn themselves in a orderly fashion. Lord Jesus have MERCY on their souls Lord, Mercy in the Mighty name of Jesus! And I pray for the heartless individuals who posted those comments! Lord I ask that you give them a heart of flesh so they can feel compassion and grievence towards other people they don’t even know. Lord and I ask that if that don’t have a personal relationship with you that they seek to find you while you can be found! Because NO ONE knows the day NOR the hour that you are come back! I thank you Lord for using me, and that someone will be touched and moved by my words in the mighty name of Jesus I pray, Amen.

1. NC says:

Les, who are you to tell when and where people should comment or pray?

1. Rakelita says:

U know Les U have alotta nerve, Im embarrassed for u

1. Womanofchange says:

It’s 2011, and you should be embarassed by your rasict mindframe. This is coming from a white woman who celebrates diveristy and loves making friends with those out side of my COLOR. If it’s your intention to upset anyone on here or to down anybody about the ALWAYS displayed negativity surrounding the african-american community, you need to get preapred to meet satan himself, cause god don’t LIKE ugly and he defintley don’t approve of anyone downing the creation of ppl. Your sitting on WCCO, acting as if you won’t be the next vicitim tomorrow. I extend my prayers, stregnth and courage to everyone affected. Not all white ppl are the same. There is a BIG diffrence between a Caucasion person and a cracker/redneck. You have my full support to recover and I hope that everyone can come together and support this family in this time of need. My deepest love to all of you :]

1. scaredofthecity says:

Hey @womenofchange,

Relationship-forging is far more effective than running to the protection of the suburbs, because it works to treat the cause, and not the symptom. You want less of your money going to entitlements? Than do something to stop the cycle of poverty. Minneapolis is a wonderful city with an incredible arts culture and thriving local businesses. I guess you’re too scared to know what you’re missing.

1. mpls sux says:

No, just disgusted with mpls… too high of taxes, way over rated, and a cesspool.

1. NC says:

I’ve lived in MPLS my entire life and it’s a beautiful city. There is crime everywhere…..yes even in the suburbs.

2. Twinkledawn says:

You’re right about that!

3. @scaredofthecity says:

What do you suggest i do to end poverty? Why is it my job to do that, many choose poverty because they can’t stop having children they can’t afford. I’m so tired of people like you, I help support them every month, perhaps if they stopped breeding for 5 seconds they could go look for a job and try to better themselves, its unreal how many people say i should do something about it, try getting a damn job, and stop acting like stray cats and dogs. I have no fear of the city theres just nothing that matters there to me.

2. 10toesdown says:

RIP QUINN!!! Hold up!!! I live on the Northside & there are too many white people whom live there for it to be considered dangerous(ie really really hood). Institutional racism is the reason for the disproportional number of men of color that are imprisoned(ie Section 8). Stay in the suburbs!!! I swear, crackers!!!

20. Les Johnson says:

Yes, it appears to be tragic, but to say he was a “soon to be husband” is pure speculation on your part. The article says he has a “long time fiance.” That doesn’t mean there was a wedding planned “soon.”

1. Les Johnson says:

You tell me. I certainly don’t. I was merely correcting the commenter who posted “soon to be husband” which technically was never demonstrated to be true.
      There is no reason for you to freak out at me. I was just making a correction. Please calm down.

And what is “SMDH?”

1. BlessedNow BlessedAlways says:

Shakin my damn head

2. Jaybar says:

Les you are a terrible person

21. Kevin says:

Umm I dont think someone just randomly torched this fine young man. So many violent black murders this month! What is going on??????

22. Les Johnson says:

This is not the appropriate place to say “IM sorry for your loss”

If you’re actually sorry, go visit personally, don’t post it on a WCCO newspaper article.

1. NC says:

Leaving a comment like “I’m sorry for your loss” is better than most comments left here. Just sayin’….

1. Les Johnson says:

I can’t argue with that, but why would you direct a message of sympathy to someone you aren’t even sure will read these and pick through the garbage to find it?

If you really had sympathies, you’d express them directly to the family, not to strangers on the Internet in an attempt to feel better about yourselves.

1. NC says:

Maybe for the same reason you’re on here correcting people….because I want to.

1. Les Johnson says:

Do you ask questions of Keith Marler’s weather report on here too, where they aren’t seen by Keith Marler?

1. NC says:

Quincy’s friends and/or family have read this article and commented. They see it whether you want to believe it or not.

1. Les Johnson says:

Then they also subject themselves to seeing what the morons on here will post. They’d be better off not…

2. Jaybar says:

I agree you are one of the morons posting on here Les.

2. JKB says:

IF you find it hard to express sympathy to a family , then the best advice is to SAY NOTHING! Many of us have trouble expressing words at a time of loss. Growing up in a home where manners, and right and wrong were taught, at least some of us know how to handle tragedy without having to defile the memory of the deceased person. If its your intention to post venomous writings to hurt the deceased, forget it, he isnt around to defend himself.. The family left behind are those that suffer from your attacks. . IF you dont think family and friends take the time to read these comments, think again. Many of them suffer many a sleepless night and hope to read comments from those that knew the deceased, and possibly have great memories they want to share., or expressions of sympathy.

23. Jari Razskazoff says:

Why would anyone with any integrity, or respect use this forum as a place to slander a dead man. It shows how disgustingly rude people are. Have your opinions as to how, or why this happened, but keep respect for the dead, and their family. The golden rule, do on to others, as you would have them do to you. I would never use this as the place to slander a recently passed human being. Thank goodness that its the act of only one troll. Bless the passed, for we are all passing, and may the good memories make an impact on our soul

1. Jaybar says:

Well said Jari

2. Jaybar says:

Jari Well said much nicer then on facebook lol

24. hunnybear18 says:

Wasn’t into the gang scene huh? Is that why most people in one of their videos on Youtube were wearing T-Shirts that said “Gang Family” and “Murderapolis”?

25. hunnybear18 says:

Not into the gang scene, huh? Is that why most people in one of their Youtube videos wore shirts that said “Murderapolis” and “Gang Family”?

26. blah blah balh says:

Here is the first clip of Street Kingz I could find.
    the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiEaQ-7okD4

I listened to the song and watched the video. It is all about the thug life- performing crimes and celebrating expensive shoes and such. I wonder what the band members wearing the “Murderapolis” tee shirt thinks of their wardrobe choice now? Remember: “dress for the job you want, not the jopb you have”

Personally I find it listenable. Not quite “Belle and Sebastian” in terms of intelligent lyrics. But it does get me in the mood to crack a 40 and roll with my homies.

1. Timmy says:

Bwa ha ha ha… I just spewed malt liquor out of my nose!

27. toneski says:

I strongly recommend that anyone with decency and human compassion NOT read the comments below. I have never been so disgusted with the community that I call my home. Disrespecting and boastful commentary that is best left unread. I was only able to stomach a few of comments left.. I feel horrible for anyone who actually may have posted something meaningful or positive. And if you are one of the people who has posted on here and think that you fall into that category, chances are your post is one horrible comments that I am warning people of.

28. Toneski Love says:

This story is tragic, even more tragic are the wasteful comments left by people, people that I apparently live near, people that I would like to meet and hear them say these signs aloud.

1. Les Johnson says:

“people that I would like to meet and hear them say these signs aloud.”

Another threat. Again, I would advise you to not say such horrifically stupid things such as to threaten people here whose comments you don’t like.

Your comment is being reported.

1. NC says:

Toneski never threatened anyone and neither did I. Stop making stupid assumptions.

1. Les Johnson says:

Yes it is, and you may reconsider making such threats in the future. Not bright.

1. Les is More? says:

Only a lonely troll with nothing to do would call those threats just to get a reaction. While I am sorry for the loss of a human life, I am even more sorry that there are people like you, Les. I hope that you get to move out of your parents basement someday, and start having real interactions with real people. We know you’re socially akward, but maybe enough people will feel bad for you that you’ll have some nice acquaintences…if not actual friends! Hang in there champ, you won’t always be a waste of flesh.

1. Les Johnson says:

Parents’ basement? Seriously? Is that still a cut these days? Really?

I make more money than you, guaranteed, and I have a nicer home than you, guaranteed.

So, it’s I who feels sorry for you, “champ.” LOL

1. Les is More says:

Number 17
                You’re not fooling anyone. Guaranteed. Somebody with that much money and such a wonderful home wouldn’t need to incite anger on wcco just to feel better about themselves? They’d just go out, but another boat, and get over it.

Try to go outside and enjoy the fresh air.

1. Jaybar says:

“people that I would like to meet and hear them say these signs aloud.”

This above statement is not a threat it is pointing out that 99 percent of the people who blindly post on the internet forums would not say that to their faces.

As far as you go Les the Beatles have a song in which they state money can’t buy me love. A measure of a man/woman is not how much money they make or how big thier home is, or what kind of car they drive, but by the their character. A jerk is still a jerk wether they live in the projects or a 6000 sq ft home.

2. NC says:

Like I said I didn’t threaten anyone. You simply took it the wrong way. I wouldn’t threaten someone on the internet. That would be pretty weak.

3. NC says:

My comment which you deemed a threat wasn’t even directed towards you. You may reconsider sticking your nose in other peoples business in the future. This is not a threat, but more of a friendly reminder. Your extensive schooling and life experiences must not have taught you this…..yet.

29. NC says:

I’m embarrassed myself for responding to him.

30. MIKE SPLEISS says:

Rest in Peace Quincy Blue aka Brown Child. He was a joyus and cheerful friend who always brought a smile to your face and laughter to the room. You will be missed by your family and friends. My prayers go out to the Blue and Parker families…may you find some sort of solace within this tragedy and have the strength to cary on.

To everyone else bloggin on here; you need to find something better to do than argue about what kind of man he was or studio equipment. It’s a sad day on the Southside when you lose someone like Q. It’s pathetic to comment on here if you never even knew him. Bet you didn’t know him when he was volunteering with Young Life; you need to get your facts straight before you post asinine comments. RIP Q GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

31. WHAT????? says:

Just stop talking to him!!! Les is just a “know it all” troll. You can tell that by any story he posts on. He knows more than anyone else and he just tries to get people to fight with him as he must not have anyone else to talk to in his life. He is sad and we should pity him. I for 1 think he needs a hug.

1. Les Johnson says:

I’m not trying to get anybody to “fight” as I’m not interested in that. I’m hoping you’ll open your eyes to the words you’re saying, and think them through a little better next time. I’m not “trolling” at all. Yes, it’s true I know more than most people, but that is because of extensive schooling and life experience.

I have plenty of people to talk to and I’m not sad in the least. Fortunately for me, my life really couldn’t be much better than it is. Sorry to ruin your day with that little tidbit of information.

1. cry for les says:

It’s too late, we’ve already found you out. It’s okay, the internet isn’t for everybody. My guess is that you are a novice troll, otherwise you wouldn’t be so obvious. I weep for you. You’re parents must be so disappointed.

ps: dropping out of phoenix online university does not count as “extensive schooling and life experience”

1. Les Johnson says:

You keep trying to put me down, but you can’t come up with anything better than “mommy’s basement” and “Phoenix Online University?”

Talk about sad and disappointed. I had high hopes you could come up with a decent insult, but now it appears you disappoint me once again.

So what do YOU do? You know, like for work… You DO work, don’t you?

1. Les is More? says:

Hmmmm… this question is coming from someone who has spent the last 7 hours commenting on this story….

I didn’t have high hopes for you, so I’m not very disappointed.

2. Jaybar says:

Les just because you repeat things doesn’t make it true. One day your life will be better but not until you stop being a bitter cynic.

1. Les Johnson says:

Hey it worked. My life is better already, and it’s only been 4 days. Thanks for the advice. I moved out of my mom’s basement, got a bunch of Proactiv, I got a job selling lemonade at my homemade stand and everything.

I still think you guys are (d)ouchebags though. Get lives.

2. WHAT????? says:

You sure call a lot of people a lot of names for not wanting to start a fight. I would also point out the fact that you have stated many times that everyone has the right to an opinion yet you seem to bash others all the time. This story is a perfect example of that. So I guess the “extensive schooling and life experience” that you talk about told you that the rights you have are not shared by all, or you just think that means you have more of a right than others to share an opinion. No matter how you slice it you are a joke. I don’t care how many times you defend that you are trying to help or correct or inform people. The thing you would have to take into consideration if you are so intelligent is that you are not the person that gets to depict who you are, others get to do this by taking your actions into consideration. You cannot say you are a nice guy trying to help while you are belittling others. Being as smart as you claim though you should know this or were you sick that week that they went over this info in your psych class?

1. Les Johnson says:

No. I haven’t bashed anybody. False claim on your part.

I’m a joke? Talk about funny. What do YOU do with YOUR life, chief? Yeah, that’s what I thought… Not a GD thing…

32. Jim says:

Tried to find some information on this rap group. It’s too bad crime like that exists in the twin cities.

33. Jim says:

It’s to bad things like this need to happen in the twin cities. Turns out 2 more members in this rap group were arrested for using Harold’s Chicken Shack in Minneapolis to launder money for a Crack Cocaine Ring. We won’t get away from these needless killings till we can clean up the problems that lead to them.

34. music guy says:

Drum machines are VERY much used… Just the cheaper way to “create beats” is to use software for protools/logic, however just doesn’t sound as good. It’s like digital vs analog. Which is better?

Bet ya’ll never heard of tape! Wat wat!

35. Michael WHite says:

Its a shame what something did to Blue. No human being deserves that. I used the word something because your not human If you are able to commit such a vile thing. I have been in the local and National music scene for over 25 years as a Producer Writer and Performer. It sad, that in the twin City you here all this self proclivity, and pontification about, Im this or I was first to do that,etc. There were rappers in T/C since raps music began. So many people with a P/C and some software all trying to be a studio or the next big thing. SELF DESTRUCTION WERE HEADED FOR SELF DESTRUCTION,,remember that song from KRS-! This man, was educating himself. He had family, he was a part of this community if you knew him or not. I am not for one looking at having another murder outbreak like we had in the 90’s Murderapollis was the tag.
    I hope they find the sick FU@# who did this and stick him away, forever.
    My condolences to his loved one,s

Doomdigi / Legion of Boom

36. Carlee says:

Are you guys really stuck on the type of music, shoes, slang that this man did, wore and spoke?? More importantly is the fact that a young man, with family and friends is gone from this world in the blink of an eye. What would you do, how would you feel if you woke up one morning, and something or someone that you cherished, loved, trusted, looked up to was gone from you, forever? That’s real talk, think about it. I’ve met this man once in my life, I called him Q, some people knew him as Quincy, DC, B Dot…Everyone that I know, who knew Q, have nothing but good things to say about him. That he was a role model to all, that he was kind hearted, sweet spoken… I’m sure he did some not so good things in his short life, haven’t we all? Who TF are any of us to judge someone because of something they did, who they were? “When we judge or criticize another person, it says nothing about that person; it merely says something about our own need to be critical.” I wish his family and friends nothing but the best. Hold your heads up high. And remember, this too shall pass!! Q, may you rest in peace…

37. 10toesdown says:

RIP QUINN!!! My prayers are with Your Family. Sorry, my pants are on my waist. Nope, I don’t sag(I’m not gay or in jail). I assume you were a cracker, because of your ignorant comments. I think my comments are grammatically correct & direct. So you are an antagonist(ie a cracker). Little offensive aren’t we? We aren’t trying, historically we are tough people. It seems asthough you don’t know who you are. Are you turning down the challenge? As I thought, you are a bumbling coward. Soft as baby poop! Awwww!!!

38. Michael White says:

This was a man, who had a dream like anyone of us. Who was going to school.
    He had a life, friends, family. No one should die this way. I cant believe there is something walking around our cities, that did this. I have been a performer, producer and writer for 25 years,most spent in Minnesota. I have watched the local scene closely. The amount of self pontification and character assassination surrounding local music has to stop on all fronts. No one should speculate to this crime. What we do know is that his family is in mourning. He had friends, he was part of our family. They family we call Minnesotans. I wont go back to the day when the nation called us THE CITY OF WAKES or MURDERAPOLIS. trying to raise a family in Camden.
    Say a quiet prayer for this young man.
    Tomorrow isn’t promised for anyone of us. Godbless his loved one’s.

39. Andrew says:

Wow Les Johnson what is wrong with you. Get some compassion and a clue. I hope somebody cares about you because you sure seem like a privileged moron on here.

1. Les Johnson says:

“Wow Les Johnson what is wrong with you.”

How much time you got?😀

40. Josh says:

My comments were not to hurt anyone or disrespect anyone. I also believe in artistic freedom and that people should be allowed to (in this case) rap about whatever they like to.

My personal critiques of the quality of the music does not have anything to do with the message that was being portrayed in it. While I will defend their right to express this message, I will also say that they need to be socially responsible and think about the consequences of their actions and message.

I personally do not see any artistic merit in bragging about shooting people and selling drugs. I understand that how that goes on in peoples lives and I even think that you can reflect on that in a positive manner. That was not the case with their music (in my opinion of course); they glorified violence and drugs and alluded to the fact that they were actively living the gang lifestyle (and sometimes directly saying so).

I have to laugh (but then feel quite sorry) for those who try to label people who comment as not knowing what is going on in the city. I’m down west broadway every day. Just because I don’t brag about killing people and use common sense does not make me less street smart. But I digress as I am not here to defend my street-cred. That is laughable.

I’ve lost many friends to gangs and drugs. It is always hard and its foolish. If you put the same amount of resources into something positive, you will benefit just as much without the inherit risks.

My position has not been to slam the slain artist or his family but quite the opposite. I hope that this example actually does something to influence our society and the upcoming generation.

I truly do feel for his family. It is always hard even if people may say the victim was asking for it. That does not ease the pain that the family feels and they certainly need support in a time like this.

My only hope is that something positive is to be gained by this and not have the cycle of violence perpetuate.

41. Tim Dolan says:

If he was such a “good father, why was he ridin around with Murderers at 3am instead of being at home sleeping,with his “family”??

42. TexasArmadillo says:

I have wanted to take action to silence the noise that we call rap music, but this is going too far.

43. Rakelita says:

he paints stereotypes with such a broad brush, wow I bet hes a saint to judge a whole grieving community I consider my family, fall back and stay in your racist corner of the world.

44. Louie Lofton says:

Les its words like urs that get innocent white boys smacked up

45. STSTS says: