Twins CentralShop for Twins Gear
Buy Twins Tickets
With the devastation to the lineup this season and now current elation playing out on TV and computer screens around Minnesota, your kids may start to ask if it is safe to cheer for the Twins yet.
There’s not an easy answer. There are a few things that suggest it might be a little early to set your little ones back in front of the TV.
- The Twins website does not even display the American League standings on their main page.
- The main page does show the current Thome home run total. Thome is currently on the DL.
- This article says it’s better to give your tickets away!?
- The Twins Bullpen appears to have an identity disorder:
One day they are a bobsled team (video).
The next they are boaters (video).
Yup, those were lame. Here’s what you tell them.
- The Twins are 6-2 in June.
- Mauer and Nishi are within a week or so of rejoining the team.
- The Twins are in the Central Division.
- The Twins were 10 or so games back in 2009 in late August. They won the division.
So sit your kids down and have the talk … at Target Field.