Twins, White Sox Postponed By Rain

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The game between the Chicago White Sox and Minnesota Twins has been postponed by rain.

Team officials called it just under an hour after the start Tuesday night was delayed by a downpour that began about an hour before the scheduled first pitch.

Two of the hottest teams in baseball will have to wait another day to try to keep their momentum going. The White Sox are 22-13 since May 7, the third-best record in the American League during that span.

The Twins have won nine of their last 11 following a dreadful start. In doing so, they have trimmed Cleveland’s lead in the AL Central from 16 1/2 games to 9 at the start of the day.

A makeup date was not immediately announced, but a Twins spokesman said it would not happen during this three-game series.

Comments

1. Mike D says:

What moron decided to have a park with no roof?

1. Al says:

What moron would want to sit indoors and watch baseball?

1. Foul Ball says:

One who is retired, disabled, and can’t tollerate cold weather.

2. Al says:

Fire Gardenhoser!

3. tom says:

fire the twins, they wanted a stadium with no roof then they should paly in the rain, that is what they all cried for

4. Bat Boy says:

Dome, Sweat Done!

5. Bat Boy says:

Dome, Sweet Dome!

6. Sgt says:

Rain, No Game.

7. Al fathers goats says:

NY, Chicago, Detroit, etc all get rain too. Only pansies can’t handle the elements. As a true baseball fan, we have the greatest stadium in the league and they absolutely did the right thing when they built it!!! I just got a llittle more work done around the house last night since they weren’t on.

1. Foul Ball says:

Says you, I’ve worked all my life, paid my taxes, and now when I have the time, and money I can’t enjoy baseball because of the elements. Like many others because of a inherited disability I can’t tolerate the extreme weather. It was Calvin Griffeth, former Twins owner, that pounded his fists on the table and insisted that he was losing because he did not have a covered stadium. He also predicted we would never see a World Series Game played in Minnesota without a roof.

1. Foul Ball says:

Should read, ……he was losing money……..

8. St Paul says:

At the rate this year is going, we’ll be able to watch the Twins play till next February!! haha.

9. Gloria says:

I am all in favor of an open air stadium, but they made a big mistake, in my opinion, by not adding a retractable roof. Sure, it may cost a bit more at the outset, but look at all the games which may need to be postponed, given the type of weather we’re having this season.

I think they would make up the cost in revenue since the fans who had tickets would be able to attend the games as scheduled. Unfortunately, as I understand it, once Target Field was completed, it is impossible to add any type of covering.

10. Homemade Hair Mask says:

I’m really impressed along with your writing abilities as smartly as with the format on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it your self? Either way stay up the nice quality writing, it’s uncommon to peer a nice blog like this one today..