Arson Suspected In NW Minn. Amish Barn Fire

FERTILE, Minn. (AP) — Investigators are trying to find who set fire to an Amish farmer’s barn in northwestern Minnesota.

A preliminary finding from the state fire marshal says the fire was intentionally set.

Polk County sheriff’s investigator Jim Tadman tells Minnesota Public Radio News the sheriff’s office also is also looking into reports some Amish residents have been harassed. But Tadman says there’s no evidence the barn fire is a hate crime.

The fire was reported early Thursday at an Amish farm south of Fertile. The barn was destroyed, and three cows died in the fire.

The Crookston Daily Times reports the fire marshal’s office is offering a reward of up to $2,500 for information leading to whoever set the fire.

1. Rico suave says:

If an Amish barn catches fire does the fire dept show up on horses with buckets, or can they take the truck and use a hose? Inquiring minds wanna know..

1. Northern Minnesota says:

Don’t be so dumb.

2. Melanie says:

Thats a dumb question! Of course the firefighters will use there normal tools. The firefighters arent amish! Dumb ?

1. Rico suave says:

Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn’t sure, you know, because of the Amish thing.

1. love the Amish says:

Rico suave you have got to be kidding me. Of course they use a fire truck.

3. ICE officer says:

@Rico suave. Do you have a green card? Inquiring minds want to know…..

1. Rico suave says:

Rico Suave doesn’t need a green card. Nor do the other 20 million of us apparently. My green card is my rapier wit, and my devilish good looks. And soon I and my friends and relatives will all be legal, thanks to our new amigo in the White Casa. Via con Dios. Stay thirsty my friends!