New Hope Man Charged In Girlfriend’s Death

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A New Hope man accused of killing his girlfriend is scheduled to appear in court on July 7.

Fifty-year-old Douglas Carl Manney was charged last week with second-degree murder.

Manney is accused in the death of 40-year-old Kristin Sandeen. She was found dead in the living room of her New Hope apartment on June 5. The complaint says police and paramedics found her after Sandeen’s sister got a call from Manney telling her she should call 911 because her sister was unconscious and he was leaving the apartment.

An autopsy found Sandeen suffered internal injuries to her neck consistent with strangulation.

Manney remains in the Hennepin County Jail. His bail is set at $750,000 with no conditions or $500,000 with conditions. Manney’s public defender was out of the office Thursday.

(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


One Comment

  1. Capital Punishment says:

    Fry him

  2. MissedByManyAlready says:

    Complete POS

  3. d says:

    Where are the racists for this story?

    1. BLAKIE says:

      dude on here they on talk about the black ones just like news they blow up the black stories they just white WIGGERS

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Good Question

Listen Live