16-Year-Old Dies After 2-Car Crash In Pierce County

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A 16-year-old teen died after police say he blew past a stop sign and collided with a truck in Martell Township, about five miles from Ellsworth, Wis.

The Pierce County Sheriff’s Department said the crash occurred around 11:23 a.m. Monday at the intersection of 690th Avenue and Highway 63.

Joshua Borst, 16, of Ellsworth, was traveling west on 690th when police say he went through a stop sign and collided with a pickup truck traveling north on Highway 63.

Michael Tingelhoff, 45, of Ellsworth, was driving the pickup truck with a passenger, 11-year-old Joe Tingelhoff. Both were transported to the hospital for further evaluation. Their injuries are unknown.

Comments

1. sabrina says:

Why are people allowed to leave comments about children who died tragically? Pathetic, ‘CCO.

2. MAJ says:

If this 16 year old wasn’t aware of the fact that he had gone thru a stop sign then it is tragic. How many times have each of us seen people blow thru stop signs. I had a brother (16 yrs. old) who died as a result of a 35 year old man going thru a stop sign. I know the pain it causes a family.

3. Dana says:

Instead of questioning why comments can be made, how about sending condolences to the family….you are making this a negative idea all on your own….my thoughts and prayers to this young mans family and friends! Also, to the truck driver and his young passenger, may they find peace during this difficult time!

1. sad says:

I agree with you but sometimes you have to admit that it’s time these children of ours start respecting what it means to drive a car. You have to be on your game 24/7 when you’re behind the wheel

2. Bryanna says:

i agree stuff happens & if you knew him he was such a sweetheart ♥, & he wasnt the first teenager to to make this mistake & he wont be the last sad to say but true.

4. Kyle Gilbertson says:

its hurt my family greatly. the 16 year old boy is my cousin and in the same grade as me. i will miss him greatly. thanks to those whos sent caring messages.
    R.I.P Joshua Borst😦

1. sad says:

My deepest condolences to you Kyle… Remember all the great times with your cousin

2. Bryanna says:

i know kyle i miss him so much already:'(

5. JackieM says:

I’m sorry for this family’s loss. I am also sorry for what the driver the of the truck is probably going through… that has to be hard as well.