Man Born With No Legs Gets Stolen Handcycle Back

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — There’s a happy ending for the man whose handcycle was stolen — he is now reunited with his special bike.

On Tuesday night, WCCO-TV ran a story about Larry Ross, a man born with no legs due to Goldenhar syndrome. Ross’ handcycle, which he uses everyday to get to school, was taken from his home overnight Monday in St. Paul.

The Invacare XLT Handcycle — what he calls expensive medical equipment for those who don’t have use of their legs — is valued at about $2,500.

Ross, 20,  called WCCO-TV Wednesday morning and said he got his bike back.

He said an older lady had seen it hidden at Fairview Park in St. Paul and she called the police. Police went to the park, found it, and were able to deliver it to him before 11:00 p.m. Tuesday.

Comments

1. red says:

I am happy to here this young man got his bike back and the idiots who took it can go you know where

2. red says:

If I could only spell the word “hear”

3. Julie says:

YAAY!!!
    Sharp Eyed Lady indeed🙂

4. Turtle says:

This made my day! Congratulations on getting your bike back, Larry.

5. Pennie says:

I’m happy to hear the guy got his bike back. I hope the POS that stole it feels ashamed of themselves. What completely pathethic losers.

6. JKB says:

Fantastic! Might be wise to invest in an expensive chain and lock that CANT be removed by someone without a special tool. Theyre availabe on the web. I hope your bike brings you many days of enjoyment.

7. CO says:

Larry is a friend of mine, and I know how important the bike is for him to move around the city. I also know how concerned he was and all the hours he spent in searching for this bike. I’m so thankful for the lady who spotted the bike in the park and am so happy that it’s been returned!

8. Clint Make My Day says says:

Great ending and YAHOO to her and I pray for the best for Larry in the years ahead. Sounds like a classy kid