Twins Blog: Free T.C. Hugs

By Peter J. Nelson, WCCO

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — After last night’s historic 15-0 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers, I found Twins mascot “T.C. the Bear” giving out free hugs outside our station on Tuesday.  A warm hug from a man-sized bear wearing a Twins uniform is just what I needed.  Today is a new day.

“T.C. the Bear” was actually helping peddle free ice cream for AdvisorNet Financial’s 6th Annual Ice Cream Social to benefit Second Harvest Heartland. The hug was still appreciated.

Comments

1. Nice Wording says:

“A warm hug from a man-sized bear wearing a Twins uniform is just what I needed”

Interesting…..although i cant really say i’m suprised Peter. Good for you and congrats on your big decision to live your life on your terms. You have my support now and in the future at the ballot box:)

2. Les Johnson says:

Are you attempting to insinuate the author is gay due to the words he chose for his article?

1. Nice Wording says:

It was a tounge n cheek response to a comically worded article. It was meant as levity, as no serious person would actually infer anything specific and actual regarding the author based on this 5 sentence long blog.

Wow….sensitive much Les? My apologies to Peter J if he was offended as well.

PS…the valley fair joke was cute.

1. Les Johnson says:

“Sensitive much?”

No. What part of my question made you think I was sensitive. It didn’t sound tongue-in-cheek to me, but written text is difficult to interpret that way sometimes.

But really, it was just a question posed to you. I wasn’t offended as you seem to have incorrectly assumed.

3. Pete J of Mendota Hgts says:

WOW…..way to turn this nice story into something it’s not…..

Still…….

Did you hear the Twins will be sponsored by Valley Fair?

Yup…they are going to make a new roller coaster this year and call it “2011 Twins”……it will have HUGE ups and downs…..Oh…and it will break down a lot and be on the disabled list…..

4. Pete J says:

WOW…..way to turn this nice story into something it’s not…..

Still…….

Did you hear the Twins will be sponsored by Valley Fair?

5. Mike D says:

Mike D needs a free hug. Nobody is on his bandwagon anymore.

6. Jim Bob says:

I wish my financial advisor was smart enough to find a way to raise money by giving something away. Hats off to the people who organized this event.

7. Chris says:

Need a reliable Paving Contractor? Tired of having trouble with your cracked driveway or need a new driveway to sustain these hard Minnesota winters? Paving Contractors MN Muellner Blacktop Inc can help you with that! With Asphalt Driveway MN Muellner Blacktop Inc, We understand your needs and wants! Make this your one and only stop to your perfect driveway.