I’m so bored.
Those are the words everyone dreads hearing from the mouths of their kids.
But, as promised in a blog post earlier this week, I’ve gathered up some more free or cheap, fun things you can do to help round-out your summer plans.
Here are more ideas and events to keep your family inspired this season:
• Movies In The Parks – This free outdoor movie extravaganza started in June but continues on through September in parks across Minneapolis. There are family-friendly movies, but you can also sort by theme on the site. So if you don’t have kids, plan a date night (50 First Dates) or a trip down memory lane with some friends (Princess Bride).
• And check out the list of free concerts, movies and shows that I put together here in a blog post earlier this summer.
• Move & Groove Family Fest – A day after the crowds pack-up from the Basilica Block Party, you’ll be able to check out the Move & Groove Family Fest on Sunday (July 10) at the Basilica.
There will be free music, dance and yoga classes, cooking demos, a big playground, and lots of other prizes and activities for kids.
• Free Family Flicks at The MOA – Every Saturday at 10 a.m. you can go to the theater at the mall of America to check out a free movie. They run thorough October.
• Three Rivers Park District’s Free Family Fun Days – Each Sunday you can learn about nature. Whether hiking through grasslands, bird watching, fishing, or going on a scavenger hunt — there’s something new to do each week.
Of course, the best cure for summertime blues seems to be a prescription of just good ol’ sun. Pack a picnic, head to the beach or park and get moving. Try to remember the things that stood out in your childhood — most of the time they didn’t cost much money and those are what kids will love doing the most.
If you know of any summer deals, share them with other ‘Good Lifers’ in the comment section and they may be featured in an upcoming blog. You can also read more money-saving blog posts here and text WCCODEALS to 84816 for a ‘deals of the week’ reminder.