House Fire In North Minneapolis Injures 2
Get Breaking News First
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A fire at a north Minneapolis home Saturday afternoon injured at least two people, authorities said.
Minneapolis Dispatch got a call of a house fire at about 12:24 p.m. in the 4300 block of Morgan Avenue North. It is believed the fire was caused by a natural gas explosion.
The Minneapolis Fire Chief said that he believes the injuries could be life-threatening.
Joel Doeyou, a neighbor, said that after he heard the explosion, he ran outside and felt the ground shake under his feet.
“When we looked, we saw the air conditioner and the door fly out,” Doeyou said.
He said he saw the two women run out of the house and said one woman looked to be in her 30s and the other to be in her late 50s.
“They got burned,” he said. “From head to toe, they got severely burned.”
Doeyou told them to roll on the grass, and he called 911.
Eric Hoffer, another neighbor, said he saw the paramedics lift the women, who were screaming in pain, onto stretchers.
Authorities said neighbors to the house that exploded needn’t worry about their homes suddenly going up in flames. They checked the neighborhood for traceable evidence of gas, but they think the explosion was an isolated incident.